Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:20:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[June 15, 2024, 11:48:03 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 09:39:01 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 09:23:53 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 06:08:25 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 02:48:55 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 02:21:32 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 10:52:35 AM]

[June 14, 2024, 10:19:56 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 10:13:46 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 10:08:16 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 09:44:38 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 09:17:03 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 08:56:33 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 08:15:22 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 08:00:20 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 04:30:19 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 04:13:28 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 02:04:11 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 01:44:26 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 01:12:23 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 12:22:14 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 09:55:04 AM]

[June 14, 2024, 09:19:03 AM]

[June 14, 2024, 06:14:40 AM]

[June 13, 2024, 09:28:36 PM]

[June 13, 2024, 07:29:48 PM]

[June 13, 2024, 09:31:23 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: WTF is wrong with this country?  (Read 5373 times)

Ichiro--RG

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
If they're a Veteran, they can get a license for free. or maybe half of the price.

barefoot1

• Sea Lion
  • The world needs more fruitcakes.--J. Buffet
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2008
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
- Mark Twain

rockfish

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
I have a couple of ugly sick rods that need homes
Less Mental than before, Still savage AF tho <3

IG: she_savagly_gardens

SeaWeed

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
If they're a Veteran, they can get a license for free. or maybe half of the price.

That is what I though. I do know F&G told our PB club if we were doing something like a vet group and they can give the vets a permit for the day.
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Mother F#$#$@$    :smt013

what a Day, and Tomorrow promises to be even more painful, but maybe victorious too…  jury is still out….

Anyway,  Got ahold of John M. Incredibly nice gentlemen who would not bother you with his problems if he was bleeding out in front you…

Incredible, and we have to help them….

So there up in the hills by Woodland/University… East Palo Alto area,,,  but somewhere west of 101 and also something about a Mountain Lion thats starting to get more aggressive…  Jesus…

But, I told him of my idea to set them up so they could go Bay Shark Fishing and he loves it. Says they could take the bus down to the shore wherever we want…

I need help in trying to figure a easy place to to go bay shore fishing,,, is there a pier on that side?

Looks like we need about 4 medium heavy casting poles and of course reels… 3 at least…

Once we figure where we are, I'll get a day pass for them on the license and work on getting their permeant one as they do not have them.

so what ya got?

Lets do this...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:28:36 PM by Danglin »
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

Ring King

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
Do we want to spend some decent money on this or do you want some heavy Walmart combos?  I'm a bass fisherman and have no idea what kind of gear they would need for shark fishing in the bay.  I'm more than willing to run into town and pick up a combo for them though!

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I'm sure between this Legion of fishermen here, we can come up with 3 set ups, 

they don't need to be Bill Dance tested…

Besides, doesn't he fall off the boat a lot …

Which are You ,,,

ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion

Recon

• Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. -HDT
  • Salmon
  • Scouts lead the way!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2013
I they truly are vets they can get a fishing license for $7.

I don't think either of these comments are correct. I am a disabled veteran with a 100% VA rating and only when my 100% status was approved was I approved for a free license. Unfortunately no other discount is offered in California. You need the 100% rating and it isn't very common. There is no $7 veteran license and if there is I know lots of vets who would love that information, please pass it on if you can support that claim. I agree that writing our representatives is a great idea. Veterans can be taken care of better and free fishing licenses is an easy thing to give them, regardless of disability rating.

August 5th is a free fishing day, no license needed.     https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Fishing/Free-Fishing-Days

• Just call me...Roberts
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
Items & FeesHarvest ReportingFree & Reduced FeeFAQs
Free and Reduced-Fee Sport Fishing Licenses
To qualify for a for Free or Reduced-Fee Sport Fishing License, anglers must meet the criteria described below.

2015 Disabled Veteran Sport Fishing and Hunting Licenses – Fee $7.30

Reduced-fee licenses are available for any honorably discharged veteran of the US Armed Forces with a service–connected disability rating of 50% or greater.

To prequalify to purchase a disabled veteran license, submit a letter from the Veteran’s Administration documenting that you were honorably discharged from the US military and have a service–connected disability rating of 50% or greater.  After your eligibility has been verified, your customer record will be updated.  Once you receive notification from the Department that your customer record has been updated, you will be able to purchase a low cost disabled veteran sport fishing license and/or hunting license anywhere licenses are sold.

2015 Recovering Service Member Sport Fishing and Hunting Licenses - Fee $7.30

Reduced-fee hunting licenses are available for recovering service members.  The Fish and Game Code defines a recovering service member as a member of the Armed Forces, including a member of the National Guard or a Reserve, who is undergoing medical treatment, recuperation, or therapy and is in an outpatient status while recovering from a serious injury or illness related to the member’s military service.

Submit a letter from your commanding officer or from a military medical doctor verifying your eligibility as a recovering service member. Please have your commanding officer or military medical doctor include the expected recovery date in your verification letter. The Department will enter this date into your customer profile and allow you to renew your license until this date without submitting another letter from your commanding officer or doctor.

How to Prequalify for a Disabled Veteran or Recovering Service Member License

Send a photocopy of your identification and documentation of eligibility by:

E-mail at LRB@wildlife.ca.gov
Fax at (916) 419-7587
Mail or apply in person at any Department of Fish and Wildlife license sales office.

Include:

Identification - one of the following:
Your GO ID (from your  previously issued ALDS hunting or fishing license); or
Other form of identification (driver’s license, military ID). Identification must include your address, height, weight, eye color, hair color, gender, and date of birth.
A letter documenting your eligibility.
Disabled Veterans must submit a letter from the Veteran’s Administration
Recovering Service Members must submit a letter from their Commanding Officer or a military doctor).
Telephone number
E-mail address (optional, but may expedite issuance)
For hunting licenses only - proof of hunter education (Proof is not needed if you purchased a California hunting license after 2011.  CDFW will have your hunter education on file.)

2015 Reduced-Fee Sport Fishing License for Low-Income Seniors (65 years or older) - Fee $6.95

Fish and Game Code, Section 7150, authorizes CDFW to issue Reduced-Fee Sport Fishing Licenses to anglers who meet specific criteria. Additional validations or cards are required for certain species and must be purchased at the regular fee.

Any person 65 years of age or older who is a resident of California and whose total monthly income from all sources does not exceed the income levels below. Income Verification from your Social Security office is required annually.
$877.40 for single persons, or
$1,478.20 for married persons (combined income).
How to Apply for a Reduced-Fee Sport Fishing License for Low-Income Seniors

Reduced-Fee Sport Fishing Licenses that require income verification must be renewed each year at CDFW License Sales Office (in person or by mail).

Print Reduced-Fee Sport Fishing License Application (PDF)

2015 Free Sport Fishing Licenses

Fish and Game Code, Section 7151, authorizes the CDFW to issue Free Sport Fishing Licenses to anglers who meet specific criteria. Additional validations or cards are required for certain species and areas and must be purchased at the regular fee.

Free Sport Fishing Licenses are available for anglers who meet the criteria below:

Any person, with central vision acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with the aid of the best possible correcting glasses, or central vision acuity better than 20/200 if the widest diameter of the remaining visual field is no greater than 20 degrees. Certification of blindness by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist is required. Any person who was issued this license under this criteria through ALDS may renew their licenses at any CDFW license agent, CDFW license sales office or online.
Any person who is a resident of the State and who is so severely physically disabled as to be permanently unable to move from place to place without the aid of a wheelchair, walker, forearm crutches or a comparable mobility-related device. Verification by a licensed physician or a copy of the previous year's free fishing license is required. Any person who was issued this license under this criteria through ALDS may renew their licenses at any CDFW license agent, CDFW license sales office or online.
Any developmentally disabled person. Certification by a licensed physician or the director of a State regional center is required. Any person who was issued this license under this criteria through ALDS may renew their licenses at any CDFW license agent, CDFW license sales office or online.
Any Native American or lineal descendant who is a resident of the State and whose total annual income does not exceed $11,670 for the head of the household, plus $4,060 for each additional family member living with them. Certification by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (B.I.A.) or proof of being on a tribal registry is required. Verification of income is required annually.
Print Free Sport Fishing License Application (for Blind, Mobility Impaired or Developmentally Disabled Applicants) (PDF)

Print Free Sport Fishing License Application (for Low Income Native Americans) (PDF)

How to Apply for a Free Sport Fishing License

After their first purchase, anglers who qualify for the license based on disability may renew their license from any CDFW license agent, CDFW license sales office or online.

Low-income Native Americans must apply for their sport fishing licenses at a CDFW License Sales Office (in person or by mail) each year where their income will be verified annually.

License and Revenue Branch
Main Office: 1740 N. Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834 | Sales Offices
(916) 928-5805 | LRB@wildlife.ca.gov

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Fishing#758844-free--reduced-fee
Common sense is not common.

wormguy

• The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
For hunting licenses only - proof of hunter education

I'm thinking that for the hunting license the proof of education is their service....
I would think that nobody understands the education of handling weapons better than someone
with military experience. IMO
Native Slayer Propel 13
Hobie Revolution 11

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
keep it coming,

your saving time I don't have….

Thanks...

Which are You ,,,

ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion

RacinRob

• AOTY Committee
  • Wilderness Systems Pro Staff
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I they truly are vets they can get a fishing license for $7.

I don't think either of these comments are correct. I am a disabled veteran with a 100% VA rating and only when my 100% status was approved was I approved for a free license. Unfortunately no other discount is offered in California. You need the 100% rating and it isn't very common. There is no $7 veteran license and if there is I know lots of vets who would love that information, please pass it on if you can support that claim. I agree that writing our representatives is a great idea. Veterans can be taken care of better and free fishing licenses is an easy thing to give them, regardless of disability rating.

August 5th is a free fishing day, no license needed.     https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Fishing/Free-Fishing-Days

Sorry, I was of by $.30. :-)
http://WildernessSystems.com      http://ATPaddles.com
http://ShastaTackle.com               http://MacksLure.com

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff           Heroes on the Water Coordinator
Mack's Lure Pro Staff

2018 AOTY 2nd Place
2017 ARW Halibut 3rd Place
2017 Berryessa Salmon Slam MBF winner
2014 GS8 1st Place AOTD
2014 Trinidad Rockfish Wars 1st Place--- Teamed w/ATD
2014 AOTY 3rd Place-Again
2013 AOTY 3rd Place
2012 Berryessa Salmon Slam  1st Place
2012 Sonoma Slam 1st Place---Teamed w/ATD
2012 TRW 2 1st Place----Teamed w/ATD
2012 PIF Big Salmon Winner
2012 Fresh Kats Series Champion
2012-13-14 Team NCKA Kayak Wars 1st Place Team Overall

ppickerell

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2006
From EPA the best bet would be Dumbarton Pier. Good to excellent Leopard shark fishing and always a chance at a big ray.  No license needed. I will come and help and donate one OG Surf Sabre rod and shimano spinning reel for one of the guys to take with afterwards. Will include a basic kit of weights/hooks etc. Could do weekday if necessary

Mtn lions, WTF? :smt009

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
From EPA the best bet would be Dumbarton Pier. Good to excellent Leopard shark fishing and always a chance at a big ray.  No license needed. I will come and help and donate one OG Surf Sabre rod and shimano spinning reel for one of the guys to take with afterwards. Will include a basic kit of weights/hooks etc. Could do weekday if necessary

That's Awesome!!!

there is a pier on the East Side?  too good to be true….

Mtn Lion…  That's the Report from Point…  guess it keeps coming around and eyeing the dogs and guess they had a stand off the other night…

He said, "Their Vets, we can handle ourselves against a kitty cat…"    :cat:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:12:06 PM by Danglin »

Which are You ,,,

ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008

That's Awesome!!!

there is a pier on the East Side?  too good to be true….

Mtn Lion…  That's the Report from Point…  guess it keeps coming around and eyeing the dogs and guess they had a stand off the other night…

He said, "Their Vets, we can handle ourselves against a kitty cat…"    :cat:
Yeah, the pier is on the east side next to Don Edwards Wildlife Refuge.  The road does close during certain times of year for the Snowy Plover breeding season. 

As for kayaks, its a relatively safe launch, but there's a heck of a lot of bay out there and the tides can rip.  Also when there's a low tide it can be a bit of a mud bath as well.  Good leopard and ray fishing there, and sturgeon during the winter.