Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:02:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:38:42 AM]

[June 15, 2024, 11:48:03 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 09:39:01 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 09:23:53 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 06:08:25 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 02:48:55 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 10:52:35 AM]

[June 14, 2024, 10:19:56 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 10:13:46 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 10:08:16 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 09:44:38 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 09:17:03 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 08:56:33 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 08:15:22 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 08:00:20 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 04:30:19 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 04:13:28 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 02:04:11 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 01:44:26 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 01:12:23 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 12:22:14 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 09:55:04 AM]

[June 14, 2024, 09:19:03 AM]

[June 14, 2024, 06:14:40 AM]

[June 13, 2024, 09:28:36 PM]

[June 13, 2024, 07:29:48 PM]

[June 13, 2024, 09:31:23 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: The thank you thread  (Read 12088 times)

BML

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
Just wanted to thank all of you. Great people, great food and the great Mooch. Im greatfull to be associated with NCKA.

ChuckE

• Global Moderator
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Just wanted to thank all of you. Great people, great food and the great Mooch. Im greatfull to be associated with NCKA.
Ditto that.  I was so touch by everyone's generosity.  A BIG THANKS to the organizing crew and to the many raffle prize and potluck contributors.  Special THANKS to Mark and Karen of Hook1 for their continued support of NCKA and making the long drive up from SoCal for the Mooch.  They donated one very sweet T160i.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:23:45 AM by ChuckE »
Winner - 2023 ARW Halibut Derby "King of the Wall"
Winner - 2018 ARW Halibut Handline Derby
Winner - 2013 Doran Beach Crabfest
2nd Place - 2012 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner (Biggest Rock Crab) - 2010 Half Moon Bay Crabfest
Winner - 2009 Alameda Rockwall Halibut Derby
Winner - 2009 Paradise Halibut Hunt
Winner - 2007 NCKA Angler of the Year
Winner "Grand Slam" - 2007 Bendo @ Mendo III
2nd Place - 2007 Monterey Bay Kayak Fishing Derby
Winner - 2004 Santa Cruz Kayak Fishing Derby

Danglin

• Sea Lion
  • Accept Yourself, So Shall The World ...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Big Hand to all those that set this up!!!!

Outstanding job...

And Great Turnout...  Well Done NCKA!!!!

Once Again,

We show that The World would be a much better Place if Everyone

was a Kayakfishing type of Person...

:smt004

Wish I could have spent more time talking with everyone but I had The Fellas surfing in a Rip tide and it took much of my time on the Beach.

Then Kuba went a little illin after wards so off we went...

Stay Strong Mooch and see ya soon      :smt006
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 04:41:24 PM by Danglin »
There are 3 Types of people in the world,,,

The Sheep, The Sheep Dog & The Wolf,

Which are You ,,,

2006 NCKA Shark Fishing Tournament Champion    
2nd Moutcha Bay, BC. 2006 "Tyee" Surfing Contest
ELK 07  1st Place Loser
HMB 09 3rd Place
HMB 09 Sardine Champion
2009-2016 Northern California HOW Coordinator

Love Baja…  :smt055

RHYAK

• Offshore fishing the Blue
  • Sea Lion
  • Picture, Catch and Release
  • View Profile Central Coast Kayak Fishing
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Looks like I missed another great NCKA event this one for a great cause

TBONE

• Tbone
  • Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Im so glad to see so much support for our buddy Mooch!! Thanks NCKA for helping our lifelong fishing buddy. :smt007
Live life to the fullest!!!! Make the best of each and every day!!

MANBEARPIG

• Half Man, Half Bear, Half Pig: Im super cereal!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
That was a really great event with great food, great weather, and great people!! :smt003  :smt007  Thanks to the folks who were workin hard, it was a great cause and Im proud to have been a part of it :smt006
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas Edison

iroelikethat

• Fish! It's whats for dinner!
  • Sea Lion
  • 42 in the left 38 in the right-Feather River
  • View Profile JeffE's Myspace Page
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
wow what a great day for a great guy. I was nearly brought to tears when they announced the total amount raised. thank you to everyone that made this event possible. also so very proud to be a member of such a great group. I am not sure who donated the net the lever drag rod and reel...thanks!. keep the faith Joel!
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Chinese proverb
South Bay Safety Squad - TEAM CAPTAIN  Screen name generator and General Instigator from Decatur

FKV-1 2005 Liquid Logic Manta Ray (Decommissioned)
FKV-2 2010 Hobie Outback (Decommissioned)
FKV-3 2014 Jackson Cuda (In-service)
FKV-4 2017 Hobie Outback (Inaugural Pacific Mission/ Christening - Albion- Aug 10th 2017)

Usagi

• Sea Lion
  • The results of a negative WAF account...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
This was my first "big" NCKA event, and it exceeded my expectations by far.  The love  :smt007 for our Brother Mooch was evident everywhere you turned; it made me all warm inside...even more than what I felt from the 9:00am Patron shots at the Mile Buoy.  :smt003

Instead of thanking people individually & risk forgetting someone I'll just say THANK YOU to everyone who helped organize this event, and to every single NCKA'er and their friends and family who supported this wonderful cause in any way.  You guys are awesome...and I'm not just saying that because I won some cool prizes either!  :smt005  I'm looking forward to next year's sequel (suggestion: holding it at a location where there might actually be fish would be great).  :smt002

Love ya Joel!
You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing...

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
What can I say that hasn't been said.
Even the rare santa cruz thresher shark was there to celebrate.

Huge thanks to Brent & Jim, Sledge & Stoggie, Art & Angel
Onshore, the friends and family that held the spot all day until it was swarmed by relatively rugged, famished kayakers.

For the fryer & raffle -Andy ruled the show.
FishMaster1, Dude you could probably talk about banking regulations and make people laugh . love ya man.

Thank you to everyone who made the time & effort to get there & make it all happen. As I look out at the pile of unrinsed gear awaiting me after I finish posting, I know it's work just to get out paddling.

I'll admit though, this is one heck of a way to become the center for a huge party Mooch.  :smt002

I think the reason no one caught any fish ( I did see two 'dines brought aboard-that guy deserved a award of his own) was, well think about it....if YOU were a fish & saw the immeasurable amount of fish catching skill gathered together there in the floating village at the Mile Bouy, I think you would blow town for the day too.

There's lots more fishin & chillin to be done this summer Mooch, I'll see you soon

-Sean aka Piscean

pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

Great Bass 2

• Catch And Cook (CNC)
  • Sea Lion
  • The Art & Science of Fishing & Cooking
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
So many great memories from yesterday. PatR's paddle up open bar at the mile buoy. Joel and the Mexican Free Dive Team in the support skiff. Tossing a swim bait on my new handline and accidentally hitting someones forward hatch (sorry whoever that was).  :smt005 Confirming Joel's opinion that there are no fish in Santa Cruz. Andy's fried chicken. The epic raffle. So special thanks to:

1. Joel (Mooch) - thanks for being a good friend and inspiration. I know it was hard to make the event 2 days after chemo, but everyone really appreciated you being there.

2. A Hulls - you really pulled off a great event. Thanks for putting in the hours and days of work. Raising over $6,000 is something you can be proud of. I promise to never to refer to you as the Santa Cruz Slackers or No-Pay Hulls again.  :smt044

3. NCKA Family and Friends - Gary and I were talking about the differences between NorCal kayak fishing and Socal kayak fishing on the way home. Although there are alot of small differences, the real difference is that NCKA is a brotherhood like no other. Yesterday was a testimony to the quality of people who comprise NCKA.

4. Hook 1 and Raffle Donators - That raffle was off the hook. Special thanks to Hook 1 for being there and supporting our sport. Also a personal thanks to Craig (Ravensblack) for donating the Revo Toro, hope to break that drag in soon.  :smt006

BTW, I will be fishing the Steve Moyer Memorial on 9/11 in San Diego. Some of the proceeds will go to Joel and it would be nice to have a group of NCKA for the event.

Scott
1st Place 2007 Kayak Connection Father's Day Derby
1st Place 2007 New Melones Trout Derby
1st Place 2011 Lake Berryessa Salmon Slam
1st Place 2011 Pay It Forward Taco Throw Down
1st Place 2011 Albion Open
1st Place 2012 & 2013 Central Coast Custom Lure Contest
1st Place 2013 The Simply Fishing Tournament

Bill

• Sea Lion
  • My Brother
  • View Profile WM Bayou Lures
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Thanks to EVERYONE who put this event on. Andy and Jim you guys rule! There have been a lot of NCKA events in the past, all great, but this one was over the top with the love shown for the true reason behind NCKA, Da Mooch!

Pacifico

• Oye! Que Vida!
  • Sea Lion
  • 12 seconds! That's all I need!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
What a day!  One can only hope to have so much love bestowed upon him   :smt007  My belief is that the thresher jumping clear out of the water in front of us, twice, was an omen that good things are coming for our dear friend.

As Art and I were waiting for Mooch to arrive we heard him say "...I"m on the beach" over the radio.  We had to help him to understand that a beach launch in a skiff at our skill level was probably not going to end up with favorable results.  It may work pretty seamlessly for the commercial fishers in Big Sur but we haven't achieved that level of skill yet. Eventually he met us at the harbor where it was a bit safer.

He greeted us with a fresh new look...

As we were cruising around it was hard to imagine how many yaks were out there, I think I counted upwards of 50 but I may have missed a few.  Mooch stared in amazement and shed a tear or two.  Eventually, he hardened up and decided to throw up his gang sign..

As we pulled up to the crowd at the "Mile Buoy Lounge" people came around and spoke with Mooch a bit, sharing stories and just talking about the good times they've had both with and because of him.

The impact he seems to have had on the sport itself and on people within NCKA is nothing short of amazing.

Later, we went to the beach where the festivities continued...

and FishMaster (Andy) was putting on his world renowned cooking class (this is where Sponge Bob got his start) ..

After some eating, drinking, and story telling the raffle began where many people won some pretty awesome prizes.  Myself, I really wanted one of Bills portraits... the man definetely knows when to click the shutter.

After the raffle there was a bit more BS'ing and things started to thin out a bit.

Art and I said our goodbyes and headed out glad that we had the pleasure of not only hanging out with Mooch on the skiff all day but having had the opportunity to capture the day on camera.

We took a lot of pictures that will end up here but time is limited so I'm posting these and will try to post others tonight.  I'll be taking off on vacation so I'll have to send what I have over to Art so that he can post them.

One final thing...

Mooch (Primo), I'm telling you that if love, caring, and respect could cure what you have we would have been there for a totally different reason.  There's not a doubt in my mind though that you will pull through this and we'll share many more fun times whether they be on land, in a kayak, in a PB, or in wetsuits.

==============

As usual, when Art and I hang out silly stuff happens...

Here's Art, whom I now call Auto, setting up for a shot.  He was setting up for quite a while, I figured he was setting his shutter speed, the appeture, or adjusting the ISO to get the perfect shot... turns out the man owns a D90 and shoots it totally on auto like it was a polaroid or something...for christmas I'm going to buy him a Kodak disposable camera and let him go crazy with it.

Rub-cifico

LilRiverMan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Same thanks to all the paddlers and ticket buyers and especially the core crew who held it all together.

It was your day Joel, and I'm happy to have been able to share a part of it. Your thanks are appreciated, but Joel I feel it is we who should be thanking you, for helping us all come together and be better human beings.

Kirk

As a side note, please don't respond in this thread, as I don't want it to get sidetracked,  but I may have dropped my Standard Horizon HX270 VHF radio around the party area. Maybe behind the raffle tent where I had my pack. If you've seen it please PM me.
Winner, 2012 Fisherman's Warehouse, Tiki Lagoon - Stripers.

Proud paddler - Pay it Forward Paddle 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018

In the game of biggest fish, if you can't enjoy routinely gettin' your ass handed to you, by great fishermen, then you don't belong in the NCKA.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Wow, what a great day. Stoked have met you all. Thanks for making this AMAZING... $6589.00.. WTF??? How cool is that! Not sure what to say but thank you for being so kind to my wife and I, specially since were sorta new to the your group!

I think Joels family was very moved! Thanks to every single person for making this go so well! Thank you ALL!

Im gonna post a few key pics here now, then more tomorrow, got to go to my mothers B-DAY bash.

Shit, I also won a XXl NCKA hoody.. I busted it out this morning and the back of its reads "Angler of the year!" This was no mistake, you guys must be trying to tell me something :) You bet Im gonna wear it too!!

porky (bp)

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Also Thank You Hook1, Mark and Karen, you two are great. Doing business the old school way, getting invloved and keeping customers and friends very happy!