Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:05:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 03:56:50 PM]

[Today at 03:38:07 PM]

[Today at 03:22:32 PM]

[Today at 01:56:07 PM]

[Today at 09:11:17 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:31:45 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:28:43 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:05:07 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:20:26 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 09:45:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 05:53:58 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 03:16:26 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:51:06 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 07:57:00 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 09:32:50 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 06:57:02 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 03:18:45 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 01:17:52 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Del Valle failed inspection, saved the day at Lafayette  (Read 1638 times)

pao

I passed with flying colors even with moisture in the air.   :smt044 :smt044
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:39:44 PM by yester »

moodymike

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2010
Went to try Del Valle and both my buddy and I failed the inspection. The ranger, who was a nice enough guy, really gave the inside of our boats the white glove test. I've never had to open my hatches before at any east bay lake, just an outside hull inspection.

My friend had a tiny amount of sand on the inside of his boat maybe a teaspoon. This was actually left over after he washed and drained it. Apparently, the sand didn't make it out of his drain hole. There was zero standing water in his boat, but there was a little surface moisture.

I failed when he pulled out the foam inserts in my Hobie Outback and said there was moisture trapped between the hull and the foam. Apparently, this is protocol now.

Needless to say I was steamed, but we packed up, got our refunds at the gate and skipped over to Lafayette. Same open hatch inspection there, but they didn't pull out my foam inserts and we both easily passed. We made sure to give a quick wipe to the inside of the hulls with a spare t-shirt.

Anyway, the fishing was slow (hot and sunny) but I managed to pull a nice bass out of the weeds with a baby bass swimbait. Had some 4-6lb lunkers follow my bait but they were pretty shy. At least I got to work on my farmer's tan!
Yea that guy at Del Valle is an asshole. Been through the ringer w him. He spent about 30 min fingering my kayak. 

Tractor_Helmet

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
They told me at San Pablo Res that if they find zebra mussels in the lake they have to drain the lake and close it for five years.  Thats pretty serious.  It would make sense to have inspection requirements posted somewhere.  Its good to know ahead of time  that absolutely no moisture is allowed.  My inspector considered failing me for moisture on my paddles caused by early morning dew.

TheDudeAbides

• El Duderino
  • Salmon
  • When there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
That why I always fish salt or delta. Delta hardly ever.

All of the excessive and overlapping fees have kept me from East Bay lakes for years, pisses me off what they charge when so much is free! Delta rules! :smt003
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Should probably start a new thread on Mussel Inspection's...
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
i'd like to see the inspection training guidelines on  distinguishing ambient atmospheric moisture from water residue of a foreign source.  Good luck with that one! 

who is down for a StormTrooper fish n chill, show up en masse on a rainy day, "wut happens next will shock you" lol :jerk:

Pacific

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
I was wondering that myself. Rainy days/foggy days ehhh you get a pass on those. I am wouldnt be surprised if some Johnny muscleseed person introduced them into  lakes ponds and rivers on purpose. I bet the only reason they are concerned about them is that if they get in the peripheral canal they will clog the pumps and pipes. We cant be  reducing the sucking sound of all the Deltas water being pumped south.

anything