Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 04:38:42 AM]

[June 15, 2024, 11:48:03 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 09:39:01 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 09:23:53 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 06:08:25 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 02:48:55 PM]

[June 15, 2024, 10:52:35 AM]

[June 14, 2024, 10:19:56 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 10:13:46 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 10:08:16 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 09:44:38 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 09:17:03 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 08:56:33 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 08:15:22 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 08:00:20 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 04:30:19 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 04:13:28 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 02:04:11 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 01:44:26 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 01:12:23 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 12:22:14 PM]

[June 14, 2024, 09:55:04 AM]

[June 14, 2024, 09:19:03 AM]

[June 14, 2024, 06:14:40 AM]

[June 13, 2024, 09:28:36 PM]

[June 13, 2024, 07:29:48 PM]

[June 13, 2024, 09:31:23 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: RBC2  (Read 22142 times)

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • GetSome!!! Hell Yeah!!!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
I've yet to read this whole thread through...started this morning and keep popping in quotes...

It was twice the fun of last yr and had a great time with everyone...some It I  don't remember :smt005 But all in all it was a Huge success!!!  Hats off to all the cooks and there were some great ones doing their thing...I was doing mine trying to taste all the different styles of food...... :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 No Burning Man this year but he put in an appearance...I told him "No Burning Man this Year" he said he was sorry for last yr...really seemed like a nice guy...and he was helping hammer things together with Johnny the very first day!!!  A lot went into this from Donations to support and It was "Good Times"  the hardest I laughed was when Alan drove off his porch he stops and asks me "what do I think Sledge" I said "Don't do it" and away he went down the stairs :smt005 and than lit his head on fire...Burning Head!!!  It wouldn't be RBC with out something Burning right???  :smt044 :smt044 :smt044  So next year should be even Better!!!  Thanks to all that participated and helping me keep track of the ShickenMooch fund...I kept losing it...and finding it...and losing it...and finding it...next time the honor goes to someone else............grew up in Mendo what kind I say... :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 Cept CYA @ RBCIII  Yeah Baby!!! "Get Some"
It's all about Today!!! Because who knows what tomorrow will bring... so Better get OTW n GetSome

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
OK. Picture Time.

Some of the coolest cats I've ever met....in no particular order.

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
More...

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
Random Camp Images From Friday

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Finally read all the pages and what an awesome event!  Too bad I can't join you guys this year.  Congrat to all winners and thanks for all the reports + great pictures!
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
Fort Ross Clusterf**k.

(Everything actually went surprisingly smoothe for both the loading and unloading. Great job, NCKA.)

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
Saturday's Random Camp Images

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
Yes, Sledge was actually trying to hold the gun like this and shoot. We won't mention his muzzle control....or lack there of...

Ben showing how it should be done.

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
And, finally - Lucifer, the forked tail lizard demon.

bloodbath

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
Sorry for the late response guys, I'm back!
The second annual RBC event was definitely a success. We had 58 registered participants who all made it out on the water to test their skills. This number is double from the 27 we had last year!
Only nine anglers measured in fish, all nine anglers measured in 1 or 2 fish each which were either a Lingcod or a rockfish. No cabezon to be measured in on this day. They get to live another day :smt001

1st place:Anthony 9erfan whose catch was a 36 1/4" Lingcod, and 11 1/4" gopher, total length 47 1/2"

2nd place: Andy1976 whose catch was a 24 1/2" lingcod, and 19" vermillion, total length 43 1/2"

3rd place: Brian Wildernesshunter whose catch was a 29 1/2" lingcod, 12 1/4" blue, total length 41 3/4"

Women's division 1st place: Kat Huston whose catch was a 15" blue

I would like to thank the contributing sponsors of the event which were: Ocean Kayak for donating an Ocean Kayak Trident 13 for the grand prize. Sports Authority, Mel Cotton's Sporting Goods, and Pacificnaludiveco.

I couldn't have put this together without the permission of Alan Haug the property caretaker, thanks bro!
Taco bar! Jack you are the man! Hotpot! Ernest you are the man! Lorenzo undercover technical support, awesome!
Sledge is a marketing man/salesman, Got some bro!

Last but not least I would like to thank the wonderful community of kayak fisherman who encompass the NCKA.
I love you guys and that's why I do it, thank you for your support and living the life! Mooch! Marv!

Till next year,

bloodbath

2011 Albion Open 1st place
2014 Lowrance Rockfish Classic 1st place
Kayaks are cool!

9erfan

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
You rock Joe!!! Time of my life and cant wait till RBC3!!!!

Anthony
1st place 2011 Red Barn Classic
2019 Hobie Outback

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Well we started our day at 4:30 .. but couldn't find a place to launch (lack of research on the area). Waited outside Fort Ross for about a half an hour before we decided to drive around again to find a place to launch. When we found a spot we got our kayaks and gear ready and headed out. Once we paddled to our destination I dropped the line and jigged about 3 or 4 times, I thought an under current hit my line but when I reeled in I found a fish at the end of my line. To be honest I was expecting A LOT more of a fight. Once I got the fish on the stringer I began to feel a little ill and then finally it hit  :puke: . I just about tipped the kayak with that first chum session. I was hoping I could continue fishing but was unable to. Ryan and Travis had the unfortunate responsibility of towing me back to shore. From what they say it took them two hours to get me to shore, and at one point Rescue came to see if we were okay. They were unsure since there was a lifeless body being towed in the kayak. After all of that I managed to get 1st for women's angler! SO STOKED!!
Someday I will fish again
Womens 1st Place Red Barn Classic 2
1st Place Tiki 2011

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Hell Yes Joe WTFGS!!! and for those of you that don't know what that means Way To F'n Get Some... and you did little brother!!! :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

PS Rockhopper the gun I know how to muzzle  was "not" shown do to over whelming popular demand!!! Well maybe once :smt005 Thanks for the demo gun day that rocked...

Danglin your day rocked!!! incredible to put your fam on fish on a sketchy day, and for the first time...OC is a witch up and down when there's Pb's lined up...way to handle it.. and when u thought it was time...they want to keep fishin...great read...and self rescue  :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Angel...sweet photo op... :smt044 :smt044 :smt044  I heard about those Oysters after the fact would have loved to of tasted um...next yr...the story about getting um was even better.... :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
It's all about Today!!! Because who knows what tomorrow will bring... so Better get OTW n GetSome

Pacifico

• Oye! Que Vida!
  • Sea Lion
  • 12 seconds! That's all I need!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Angel...sweet photo op... :smt044 :smt044 :smt044  I heard about those Oysters after the fact would have loved to of tasted um...next yr...the story about getting um was even better.... :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Thanks Sledge.  I didn't get to fish but I'm glad I was able to make some pics.

The oysters were good, too bad you missed out.  Next year for sure though.

You're one cool homie, too bad it took so long to finally meet you in person. Hopefully it won't be too long before we meet again.  I don't know if it'll happen on the water though, Art and I seem to sometimes make it to the events but not actually onto the water.

That pic of you with your pants down is funny as hell, lucky I had the camera pointed in the right direction and was able to capture the moment. Too bad you asked me not to post it.   :smt003
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:35:45 PM by Pacifico »
Rub-cifico

Sledge

• GetSome!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Thanks Sledge.  I didn't get to fish but I'm glad I was able to make some pics.

The oysters were good, too bad you missed out.  Next year for sure though.

You're one cool homie, too bad it took so long to finally meet you in person. Hopefully it won't be too long before we meet again.  I don't know if it'll happen on the water though, Art and I seem to sometimes make it to the events but not actually onto the water.

That pic of you with your pants down is funny as hell, lucky I had the camera pointed in the right direction and was able to capture the moment. Too bad you asked me not to post it.   :smt003

:smt005  I'm proud of my lilly white  ASS so do what ya got to do brother :smt005  It WAS great to finally meet ya :smt044 :smt044 :smt044  Thanks for being there with the camera...I take lots of pics but everyone of my camera's have gave up the ghost!!!  :smt009 need a GoPro... :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

Madam Kat you Rock!!!  great write up!!!  and that phrase: "lifeless body being towed in the kayak." I almost resembled that statement but our Hostess with the Mostess (Bloodbath) made sure to bring me back alive...

ConGrats on an AWESOME Adventure and being able to "Get Some" for the table :smt044 :smt044 :smt044  enjoy the moment!!!

anything