Kayak Fishing Zone > Hookups and Fishing Reports (Viewable by Public)

Clear Lake 4/25

(1/2) > >>

ThreemoneyJ:
A few weeks ago I was out on Clear Lake looking for crappie. All we found was crappy weather, and the fish weren’t really biting.

Today I decided to try to make up the bad weather trip. Well guess what? I got rained on  :smt010 It was a little cold, a little windy, and a little rainy. You don’t always get to pick the best days to fish, and the fish are already wet so they don’t mind the rain.

I started off throwing a 2 inch keitech 1/16 head on a light powered rod 10lb braid to 6lb flouro. I didn’t put that combo down all morning.

I got into the crappie pretty quickly and had a nice 14.75 AOTY upgrade pretty quickly. I sorted through a lot of other crappie, finally landing a great 15 incher!

I also landed a few bass, but nothing to get too excited about.

I even got a big ol catfish throwing the crappie lure around. 31.25 inch which was a really nice AOTY upgrade!

The fish are there. Sort of all over the place relating to structure. They were biting from about a foot of water all the way out to 15 feet of water. No real pattern to it.

Fish:
Awesome mix.   Thanks for the write up.   Tight lines and bent rods

Corey:
invite?!   You gave me ONE day to hold a lead!  :smt044

AlsHobieOutback:
Damn that's exactly what I've been hoping for is a day like that.  I love tossing those small keitechs!  So much fun on my light rod when they load up.  And an UPGRADE cat!?  WHAT!?  Sure sounds better than buying and tending to minnows all day.

SpeedyStein:
Nice! Sounds like a great day out there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version