Kayak Fishing Zone > Hookups and Fishing Reports (Viewable by Public)

68lb halibut limit Monterey 12/2/23

(1/7) > >>

Todd W:
Got on some jumbos today! I launched from the coast guard around 830  and conditions were perfect. Bait was somewhat hard to come by even tho my fish finder was lighting up, but managed a few sardines and squid. The 44” came on a live squid mid morning. About 30 minutes later in the same spot I got another one in the 20lb range.  As I’m putting the 2nd on my stringer both fish start thrashing around and I lost control of the 20lber and back to the bottom she went. I had no bait left at that point and didn’t find another sardine for around a half hour. I threw him down in around 90ft of water or so and took it for a walk and about 20 minutes later it got hit by a freight train. I thought for sure it was a shark the way it ran but after I got it straight up and down I could tell it was a big hali. That fish suprisingly fought me all the way up, and I got her on my light rod, it was a blast. Put an extra rope I had through the mouth and out the gills instead of fumbling around with the stringer again. 2 jumbos secured and called it a day after that. The 1st fish measured 44” 36lbs and the 2nd 42” 32lbs.

NowhereMan:
WOW^2!

JoeDubC:
Damn!! I would have been so happy with the first one I’d call it a day to secure the win from seals, sharks etc. Way to keep your 2023 halibut streak going. What’s your skunk ratio?

Yakkin:
Wowzers!! Congrats.  I didn’t know halibuts are still around this late in the season.

Bulldog---Alex:
Egads !!  :smt005

Killing it !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version