Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 06, 2024, 11:06:21 PM]

[May 06, 2024, 08:12:02 PM]

[May 06, 2024, 07:41:04 PM]

by ark
[May 06, 2024, 07:35:15 PM]

[May 06, 2024, 05:30:34 PM]

[May 06, 2024, 04:22:01 PM]

[May 06, 2024, 12:12:45 PM]

[May 06, 2024, 11:04:28 AM]

[May 05, 2024, 11:01:16 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 06:41:33 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 04:42:12 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 01:30:36 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 11:50:56 AM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:03:44 AM]

[May 05, 2024, 09:10:35 AM]

[May 05, 2024, 06:34:21 AM]

[May 04, 2024, 10:50:54 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 08:32:14 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: College Kayak Fishing Tournaments  (Read 5106 times)

PokerFishin

• Sand Dab
  • The Chase is better than the Catch!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2015
Some of us old guys can qualify by taking Elder College at Chico State.  Was thinking about taking a class this spring session.  Inexpensive fee, no grade, can even cut classes for more important things, like fishing!  Maybe they even have a senior class in their tourneys.  I LIKE THE IDEA!!!!

I'll be 30 next month, so I know there isn't an age limit.  I'll have to check but I believe that in order to qualify as a student, the class(es) have to award hours/units/credits upon completion that would count towards a degree.

edit:  I am having this checked for accuracy.

Thanks for checking on that issue.  Last year, being enrolled, I was given a student body card which allowed me access to the library, B-Line bus pass, access to sporting events and student discounts at businesses.  Wasn't a bad investment for the $50 fee.  Also, the GIS class that I took was a good refresher as things have changed in the 4 years since I got my GIS Certificate.  Hope it works for fishing!

Thanks again.

This sounds like a very cool idea!
Here's my alma mater's fishing team: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cal-State-Monterey-Bay-Bass-Team-CSUMB/155760781183675
Although I just noticed you already found em!
I'm going back to college sorta, next fall. But I don't know if I could find 2 more kayak anglers at the Naval Postgraduate School to join me.

So, I've talked the Drew and the other guys at CKF and the ruling is that if you have a student ID (current), you qualify.  Doesn't matter if it is grad school, undergrad, community courses.  Student ID and you are in.

Side note:  Somewhere I must have said/noted that a team is 3, but I am now aware of the fact that at team is 2  :?.  So everyone would only need to find another person to join them.
Wes Jones

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011

So, I've talked the Drew and the other guys at CKF and the ruling is that if you have a student ID (current), you qualify.  Doesn't matter if it is grad school, undergrad, community courses.  Student ID and you are in.

I've got a faculty ID (at SJSU). Is that close enough?
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

PokerFishin

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile

I've got a faculty ID (at SJSU). Is that close enough?

Well it isn't a student ID, so I highly doubt it, but I will check.
Wes Jones

PokerFishin

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
I have sent PMs to the group of people that are interested in participating.  Hope to hear back from each of you!
Wes Jones

kyleclark1744

• Sand Dab
  • always fishin!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2014
I'm a college student down in Monterey and interested but what tournaments are in california? I looked on the schedule and it appears many are out of state?
Give a man a fish and he'll eat a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll sit on the water all day with a stick in his hand and no fish.

PokerFishin

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
I'm a college student down in Monterey and interested but what tournaments are in california? I looked on the schedule and it appears many are out of state?

We haven't set a date or finalized the Body of water here in California.  It is our first time Hosting a CKF event here on the West Coast. The website is currently being worked on, so in the meantime we've been directing everyone to the FB page and Group page.

FB Page:
https://www.facebook.com/CollegeKayakFishing

Group Page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/203890236401051/

I'm going to make an edit of my first post and will keep adding all of the pertinent information there.
Wes Jones

SeaWeed

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2008
You might ask Ryan from CCKF. if you can place an ad. ( Central Coast Kayak Fishing ).  I think some people from CAL Poly San Luis Obispo might be on that sight. Ryan is also a member here on this sight.
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!

PokerFishin

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
You might ask Ryan from CCKF. if you can place an ad. ( Central Coast Kayak Fishing ).  I think some people from CAL Poly San Luis Obispo might be on that sight. Ryan is also a member here on this sight.
Are there other websites/forums that I should know about?  I only knew about this one.
Wes Jones

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Fishing scholarships?
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

PokerFishin

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Fishing scholarships?

Tackle Warehouse also offers discounts to College clubs/teams.  I don't know the details of either, but I imagine that they are very similar in the discounts offered.
Wes Jones

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
Tackle Warehouse also offers discounts to College clubs/teams.  I don't know the details of either, but I imagine that they are very similar in the discounts offered.

Searching for another topic came upon this thread.  Interested to know whether the collegiate yakfishing tournament got off the ground?

Wonder how NCAA feels about a "Scholastic Fishing Program" in light of their amateurism rules  :smt005 :smt005  They have bigger fish to fry (so to speak) but never reluctant to throw they heft round