Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:01:52 PM]

[Today at 06:54:41 PM]

[Today at 06:41:23 PM]

[Today at 06:03:01 PM]

[Today at 04:42:49 PM]

[Today at 03:57:48 PM]

[Today at 10:29:52 AM]

[Today at 09:32:27 AM]

[Today at 09:08:12 AM]

[Today at 07:00:12 AM]

[Today at 06:57:59 AM]

[Today at 06:45:22 AM]

[May 16, 2024, 08:43:30 PM]

[May 16, 2024, 06:11:52 PM]

[May 16, 2024, 01:53:39 PM]

[May 16, 2024, 01:08:35 PM]

[May 16, 2024, 12:49:26 PM]

[May 16, 2024, 11:15:30 AM]

[May 16, 2024, 08:36:32 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Backrest for Stealth  (Read 5168 times)

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Any of you stealth rockstars utilizing a back support system for paddling or is it better to learn strong posture and just own it on the design, 6-7 hours on the water?  Paddling I could imagine being upright and expected.  I’m trying to imagine drifting or mooching without a little back leaning option.  Why do I even care you ask, well now, stay tuned.... :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
we knew it was coming....LOL   :smt044
Is it that obvious that I want to sneak up on a pelagic or a flatty without blasting the harmonica or my mouth?  Love that Kraken, 85lbs, no gear, lots o’ blood, garden seat extraordinaire...options are certainly appealing at this new season of slayvision.  I’m destined to learn a whole new game, same goal, slay and slay some more.  Good mornin’ McSpiffstermeister :smt006
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 08:31:46 AM by Eddie »

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
right the Stealth's are NICE !!!, fast , light. Ariels` has the self priming live well....That`s an Eddie yak right there, dont know if your going new or used..I`m sure fishkraft has one somewhere with your name on it ,LOL.
It’s Ariel’s fault, da brahhdah lifted that puppy off his truck like a boss straight to the launch superhero style.  It’s all in the fish”works”.  Condo life does present a storage issue.  1st world stuff.  Grateful for health and business...

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

wizz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Any of you stealth rockstars utilizing a back support system for paddling or is it better to learn strong posture and just own it on the design, 6-7 hours on the water?  Paddling I could imagine being upright and expected.  I’m trying to imagine drifting or mooching without a little back leaning option.  Why do I even care you ask, well now, stay tuned.... :smt006

Backrest for sure. I use the stealth full seat, very comfortable all day. I think fishkrsft used a different seat that works real good.
"The howling tide of unreason beats against pure fact with incredible fury"-Terrence Mckenna

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Backrest for sure. I use the stealth full seat, very comfortable all day. I think fishkrsft used a different seat that works real good.
Thank you, I noticed  a kinda half seat looking thing on their page but did not see the full seat.  Is it a wet ride or do you sponge out the seatwell? :smt006

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

wizz

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Thank you, I noticed  a kinda half seat looking thing on their page but did not see the full seat.  Is it a wet ride or do you sponge out the seatwell? :smt006
I’m not sure I follow what you mean with the seat, mines a full seat here, with a bottom and back. It’s not a high back but on a kayak like this I personally wouldn’t want that.
The only pic I can find that kind of shows it, there is a bottom half under those fish.

It is a wet but ride as no drains, but I don’t notice in dry suit.

"The howling tide of unreason beats against pure fact with incredible fury"-Terrence Mckenna

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Thank you!  Love the pic, it shows a lot.  I’ll post the back rest I see on the page...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 02:37:20 PM by Eddie »

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

wizz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Thank you!  Love the pic, it shows a lot.  I’ll post the back rest I see on the page...
That’s definitely just the back rest, youd have to get the butt pad in addition. Looks like they no longer sell the seat I have.

Ruben has some suggedtions fir seats for sure, just contact him.

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
That’s definitely just the back rest, youd have to get the butt pad in addition. Looks like they no longer sell the seat I have.

Copy that. Gonna shed that garden seat rest advantage and get a different perspective for strength and rest.  Be well...

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

bluekayak

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005
Definitely need the backrest and it was always enough in my case, maybe the shape of the yak fit my butt

Long days like 10-12 hours no seat will be comfortable

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Definitely need the backrest and it was always enough in my case, maybe the shape of the yak fit my butt

Thank you brahhdah Blue!  I hesitate to suggest that Bolinas is calling this season...I would love to fish with you... :smt006
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 05:15:05 PM by Eddie »

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2018

I think they still have the full seat. I think its called the deluxe. I picked up the standard version from Ruben and think ill probably end up using it. I was surprised though how comfortable it is with no seat. Unfortunately I have only got it out on the water a few times since I got it and haven't tried the backrest yet
A jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other end.

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

I think they still have the full seat. I think its called the deluxe. I picked up the standard version from Ruben and think ill probably end up using it. I was surprised though how comfortable it is with no seat. Unfortunately I have only got it out on the water a few times since I got it and haven't tried the backrest yet
Well now, we’re gonna have to change that aren’t we :smt002 :smt006

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

bluekayak

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005

Thank you brahhdah Blue!  I hesitate to suggest that Bolinas is calling this season...I would love to fish with you... :smt006

I quit fishing salmon

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

I quit fishing salmon
Copy that, hope da surfin' is going well... :smt006

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

anything