Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:30:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:31:45 PM]

[Today at 01:27:07 PM]

[Today at 08:28:43 AM]

[Today at 08:05:07 AM]

[Today at 07:20:26 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 09:45:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 05:53:58 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 03:16:26 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:51:06 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 07:57:00 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 09:32:50 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 06:57:02 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 03:18:45 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 01:17:52 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:23:39 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Bullards Bar fish and Chill 5/12-5/14  (Read 7743 times)

ThreemoneyJ

• Sea Lion
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2014
I’m excited! I even dug out my Kokanee gear yesterday to start getting stuff ready!

Sam and I will probably arrive a bit before noon on friday. I reserved Thursday night as well but I ended up not being able to get the day off so we will just get there early Friday and get settled in.
-John
Angler Of The Year is currently free!!
NCKA Angler of the year (AOTY)link http://aoty.norcalkayakanglers.com/
NCKA AOTY how to link https://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=62574.0
Send me a message if you want to be signed up for AOTY

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2021
Looking forward to the weekend!

Here's hoping the work-week goes by quickly.

Jewli0n

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2020
I’m excited! I even dug out my Kokanee gear yesterday to start getting stuff ready!

Sam and I will probably arrive a bit before noon on friday. I reserved Thursday night as well but I ended up not being able to get the day off so we will just get there early Friday and get settled in.

We're on the same timeline!
@julianmariano

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Still waiting to see if I get Friday off, should know tomorrow.  If so will try and head up as early as possible, hope by 1-2pm, if not will be much later. 
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

stacksboy

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017
Will anyone be up there Friday morning (6am - 8am) to fish Friday day? 
Yeah, well...the Dude abides.

bbt95762

• Sea Lion
  • fresh and saltwater
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2021
I think a few of us plan to fish Friday morning, though I will likely not be on the water at 6 (others may)

hope to see you out there, ch69 on the radio if you have one

see ya,
Brian.

Plug-n-Jug

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2021
We'll be there. Not sure if I'll be fishing at 6 or not though. Depends on how the Whiskey hits me the night before! Stop by the campgrounds before you launch.

Kevin
I fish, therefore I Cuss and Lie!

AlsHobieOutback

• Administrator
  • View Profile
Anyone know how late you can arrive at the camp?  I found I reserved tomorrow, but not sure how late it would be when I arrive.  Probably 10-11pm.

bbt95762

• Sea Lion
  • fresh and saltwater
  • View Profile
Anyone know how late you can arrive at the camp?  I found I reserved tomorrow, but not sure how late it would be when I arrive.  Probably 10-11pm.

I don't think they have a gate that locks, or even a staffed booth...so I assume? you can arrive whenever.  I should be there by 4pm tomorrow - so call me and I'll double check

AlsHobieOutback

• Administrator
  • View Profile
Hoping I can bum some corn off some of you, not sure I'll be able to get any. 

Oh and for potluck, I think brussel sprouts and bacon.

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
TodaySunny, with a high near 64. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
TonightMostly clear, with a low around 43. South southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable.
ThursdaySunny, with a high near 70. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west southwest in the morning.
Thursday NightClear, with a low around 49. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm.
FridaySunny, with a high near 80. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
Friday NightClear, with a low around 57.
SaturdaySunny, with a high near 88.
Saturday NightClear, with a low around 61.
SundaySunny, with a high near 86.
Sunday NightMostly clear, with a low around 59.

WOW weather looks perfect!!!!
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

Wolf94

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017
I'll be showing up on Thursday and fishing then through Friday afternoon/evening but I'll be heading back after that. So I'll be out on the derby and the potluck. But hopefully I'll still get a chance to meet most of ya guys and get some good fishing in. I'll be over with Kevin. Getting all my stuff figured out today and loaded on the truck so tomorrow I can just split. I'll see you guys up there.
Capt. of the "Fat Duck" 19 Hobie Outback
If you can't catch a fish the least you can do is catch a buzz

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2021
My lumpy tarpon 140 is strapped to the top of my wife's prius and ready to go.

See y'all bright and early! Hoping to get to the ramp around 6:30 or 7:00am.

I packed optimistically and brought some glide baits so I can catch a new record spot after I limit on kokanee  :roll:

bbt95762

• Sea Lion
  • fresh and saltwater
  • View Profile
Wow, what a fun weekend. The weather, the wind, the food, the people really could not have been much better…and the kokes and bass were able and willing.

Elena and I arrived Thursday afternoon, met up with Kevin, Ken, and Adrian.  We got the trailer all setup, plenty of room to park and live in 4T, I think at one point we had 3 trucks and 2 trailers in the 3 parking spaces - I like that!   Joe and Mabel showed up a bit later. The guys went out for an afternoon/evening fish run, water was glass, and I think they all got limits (though most were CnR).  Elena and I walked the beach and enjoyed some wine.  Kevin cooked up some amazing Tri trip over a wood fire, Ken made some delicious beans to go with it, Joe brought a nice salad, and Elena and I some garlic bread, we cooked that on the wood fire too.  We all ate well, stayed up too late, had  a great time.

Friday morning we hit the water for a morning session, the guys did well, I only got two in the boat, but had a great time.  Came back to the camp for beer, food, maybe a nap.  All the other campers showed up, Corey, Julian and Brie, John and Sam, Al and Bacon. 

We all went out for an afternoon session, once again the fish were able and willing. Back to camp for dinner, then a big campfire, lots of stories and plenty of libations flowing.

Saturday Morning was beautiful, I was at the ramp by 6:30, just as Al was launching.  I had a really good feeling, my tackle was dialed in from the day before, today it was going to be great.  At 7am we called out on the radio that the comp had started, yaks were scattered around the lake, and the calls from various boats began "First Fish in the boat" "long distance CnR" "Second Fish" "Halfway to a limit" "Finally my first fish in the boat" "Good Afternoon".  At the end of the day, I only landed two, honestly should have had more, poor technique lost me at least two more…beat myself up a bit, but had a great day on the water.

We met up for the awards ceremony, which included the money in the hat as well as stickers from Joe, baits from Kevin, and a gift from Ken as well. Kevin ran this for us all - thanks Kevin.  I believe it went like this
Longest Stringer: John
Longest single Koke: Brie
Longest non-Koke: John

We also met up with Matt (Canadian Jerkey) after the tournament, he was on the water, and joined for a while before he had to get back home for Dad duties.  Adrian had to take off on Friday night, so he could take his Dad to an event on Saturday.  Nice to see guys working NCKA fun into their family plans.

That night we had a very nice Potluck, some of the best food I've had while camping.  And some homemade cookies and Dutch oven cobbler at a fire by the lake, courtesy of Julian and Brie.

Sunday morning was Mothers Day brekkie and pack out for us.

I know my fishing stories are typically more about the fish, but for me, that was not the highlight of the weekend, Elena and I both really enjoyed the company and comradery, hopefully we can do this again.

bbt95762

• Sea Lion
  • fresh and saltwater
  • View Profile
two more pics