Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:08:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:59:09 PM]

[Today at 02:41:39 PM]

[Today at 12:59:07 PM]

[Today at 12:17:38 PM]

[Today at 11:16:20 AM]

[Today at 09:54:38 AM]

[Today at 09:10:22 AM]

[Today at 08:22:51 AM]

[Today at 07:15:26 AM]

[May 03, 2024, 09:53:25 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 03:08:35 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 02:48:07 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 09:34:21 AM]

[May 03, 2024, 08:13:57 AM]

[May 02, 2024, 09:13:28 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 10:34:13 AM]

[May 02, 2024, 08:03:44 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Free chickens and pheasants  (Read 870 times)

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2005
In laws are looking to dispose of five fully mature egg producing hens. Located in Morgan Hill. You pick up. Free

Also aunt in Cambrian SJ needs to dispose of a bunch of ornamental pheasants. Free.

PM me

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
What variety of chickens?  And what the heck does one do with ornamental pheasants?

-Allen

JimmyD

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Species unknown, pickd by my Scottish sister in law who was raised in the highlands.  Their colors are black, red, n two yellows.  They crap out a prodigious volume of eggs.

The pheasants are food grade, apparently taste great smoked.

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
The pheasants would be great for training pointer dogs.  I used to raise them for training my dogs.  I'd take the pheasant out of the cage, put it in a paper grocery sack and twirl it around, making the pheasant dizzy.  Then I place the bag down and go back to get my dog.  By this time the bird has left the bag and has wobbled away.  My dog can now hunt the bird and I can now shoot it when it rises.  Then if you are also wanting your pointer to also learn to retrieve, you can work on that as well. 

I save pheasant wings in the freezer and use those for training when I don't have the time or inclination to raise the birds.  I'll put a wing in a sock, along with a rock in the sock and tie a knot, then go to the field and toss them around. Back to get Pup and off we go.  He points and I shoot a blank round.  It's a game they love!! 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:02:49 PM by Ski Pro 3 -- Jerry »

polepole

• Administrator
Either have a coup available?

polepole

• Administrator

CappyMoMo.

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2010
The pheasants would be great for training pointer dogs.  I used to raise them for training my dogs.  I'd take the pheasant out of the cage, put it in a paper grocery sack and twirl it around, making the pheasant dizzy.  Then I place the bag down and go back to get my dog.  By this time the bird has left the bag and has wobbled away.  My dog can now hunt the bird and I can now shoot it when it rises.  Then if you are also wanting your pointer to also learn to retrieve, you can work on that as well. 

I save pheasant wings in the freezer and use those for training when I don't have the time or inclination to raise the birds.  I'll put a wing in a sock, along with a rock in the sock and tie a knot, then go to the field and toss them around. Back to get Pup and off we go.  He points and I shoot a blank round.  It's a game they love!!

Worked at a hunting ranch,  released thousands of the buggers.  Spin by the feet,  tuck the head under the wing and shove them under a shrub.
www.plantfertility.com
Trident Ultra 4.7
Morgan Consulting LLC Agronomy Pro Staff
Hating the Seahawks and the Raiders cause they suck.

beerhunter

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2012
Pm sent on 🐔🐔🐔🐔🐔

&

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
The coup in MH is fing huge.  Like a galline Taj Mahal.  Possible to dismantle of course but intact transport not possible.

I shda took a pic earlier I just brought dem bishes a jug of water!

anything