Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:50:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:17:00 AM]

[Today at 08:02:19 AM]

[Today at 05:07:22 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Local pond - not kayak  (Read 1776 times)

bbt95762

• Sea Lion
  • fresh and saltwater
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2021
took a quick break and hit the local pond again, 2 bass were good enough to play with me.  Sanko again, different color this time.  The two hit in the first 15 minutes...CNR CPR and back to work.  Work from home has some benefits, catching 2 bass way better than hitting the cafeteria for some overpriced blech.

I started fishing this pond in the winter, and have gone every week or two, sometimes more sometimes less. I think I finally got a good read on it and have improved my fishing technique. Next step is to try and catch some bluegill with the fly rod.  Apparently also some catfish, but not sure how to fish for them with artificial, and how not to gut hook them.

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Sounds great!  Any photos of the pond you wanna share?

bbt95762

• Sea Lion
  • fresh and saltwater
  • View Profile
Sounds great!  Any photos of the pond you wanna share?

it's a community pond in El Dorado Hills, next to the library, CnR only - best part only 5 minutes from my house - so an easy break.  I take a single rod, and a tiny box with with whatever bait I feel like throwing.  I can walk and cast around the lake in about an hour, if I have less time then I just hit one of my favorite areas.

• View Profile
I'm about 20 minutes away from that pond.  My dad lived right around the corner off St. Andrews.  The dentist office is right there.  Ha!  Brown's Ravine is 5 minutes away too.  And Cameron Park Lake has a lot of bass for some kayak fishing if you've never tried that spot. 
Cheers!

bbt95762

• Sea Lion
  • fresh and saltwater
  • View Profile
I'm about 20 minutes away from that pond.  My dad lived right around the corner off St. Andrews.  The dentist office is right there.  Ha!  Brown's Ravine is 5 minutes away too.  And Cameron Park Lake has a lot of bass for some kayak fishing if you've never tried that spot. 
Cheers!

very cool - yes on all counts!  I run down to Browns ravine often - back trails from our community (Marina).  I've still not broken the code on fishing Folsom, it's my "Porky's" I just go and get kicked in the gut. I did get hit by landlocked King Salmon there - so I'll be back to land one of those guys.  Haven't fished Cameron Park Lake yet - but another kayak fishing buddy lives up there - so someday.

• View Profile
Looks like we have the same taste in kayaks too; Hobie PA14. I see you are new to the forum.  Drop me a PM if you are looking for any NCKA info.  Ha!  I can warn you who to 'social distance' from.  Maybe when things get back to normal and the tournaments can resume, we'll meet up.