Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:13:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 11:13:05 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 10:53:01 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 08:00:55 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 07:10:08 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 03:17:35 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: NorCal HOW 5th 2018 Event - Campin' & Fishin' 6/28 - 7/1 at KELSEY BASS RANCH  (Read 3093 times)

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Hi All,

The NorCal HOW team has planned our next event to be hosted at Kelsey Bass Ranch over the weekend of June 28-July 1. We plan to try and accommodate approximately 20 vets + family members that weekend.  Most of the vets will likely fish on Saturday, but a few may choose to camp and fish with us.

We will be needing some volunteers to take veterans out on the water as well as some to help with shore duty tasks such as prepping and cooking food, ensuring vets are rigged up safely with PFDs and rods, etc.  Some vets may need fishing help, and we could definitely use a few people on the water guiding the vets to fish.

Food schedule:
Friday night potluck/chinese food dinner
Saturday - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner provided
Sunday - Breakfast provided.

Volunteers are welcome to show up starting on Thursday night and stay until Sunday evening.

Target fish species are Largemouth Bass, with the chance for other species such as Bluegill and Catfish. Please be aware that Kelsey Bass Ranch is a catch & release lake for bass, but other species may be kept if preferred.  We generally can cull a few of the smaller bass if we want to but generally do not.  The weather should be good, and hopefully the fishing will be great!

Rules:
1. No Alcohol is allowed at HOW events.
2. Please wear proper attire as it is possible that you will get wet. Preference is for base layer of non-cotton clothing such as polyester, nylon, or synthetic wool, with a top layer of something water resistant.
3. We expect the temperatures to be warm, but temperatures in the valley can be variable in October.  So be prepared for anything.
4. Please bring your own tents and camping gear - if you have extra gear that some vets may be able to use for the weekend if they choose to camp, let us know.

If you would like to attend this event as a volunteer or participant, please contact us by email at Communications.NorCal@heroesonthewater.org.

If you think you can help join us, please post in this thread.  If you know of any veterans or active duty military that may want to attend, contact Raydon.  We'll also post up the event details on our FB page at www.facebook.com/NorCalHOW.  Please follow this thread for updates on what we need from you guys as to timing of showing up, cleaning up, etc.

Thanks,
Ben

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Carrie and I will carve out and take vacation time to come help at both events at Kelsey. Our usual duties? Daughters may or may not be available to help. :smt006
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

TW

• Sea Lion
  • daleshark
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
I'll be there early Saturday morning.
Shore/launch duties.  Oh, and dock fish with the kids... :smt006
NorCal HOW Volunteer

Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
Ocean Kayak T13

2015 Forbay  Fish N Chill Storm Trooper .
2017 Berry Slam Fish N Chill Storm Trooper.

Weimarian

• Sea Lion
  • The fish, I hear them! work can wait! let's go!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Carrie will have registration Under control. Kelsie will help her or be available for other tasks. Emily can help cook, fish with kids at the dock, help where ever. I can guide, cook, help where ever. We will have 2 kayaks all set up for us to use. See ya's thurs night. Leaving Auburn quicklube 4:30 pm Hwy 99 to turlock then up to snelling. Get lost? watch for a red jeep with a blue and white little old trailer and 2 Kayaks on the jeep! We can make a convoy! Dinner stop at hwy 4 taco bell? (prob 5:30 6ish) If ya wanna join us 530-613-0093 See y'all there!!!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:31:16 PM by Weimarian »
Come on out! It's time to play. It's time for TROUT Bass and STRIPER. Let go of the hand brake!

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Unless there's emergency at work,  I can be there early on Saturday 6/30 to help taking veterans out fishing or doing other tasks if needed.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Sorry I can't make it due to emergency at work!
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Is there a post-HOW thread on this event?