Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:58:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:36:12 AM]

[Today at 09:43:34 AM]

[Today at 09:08:11 AM]

[Today at 08:45:06 AM]

[April 29, 2024, 09:47:48 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 09:16:05 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 07:01:31 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 06:05:56 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 01:56:07 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 09:11:17 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:31:45 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:28:43 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:05:07 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:20:26 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 09:45:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 05:53:58 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 03:16:26 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:51:06 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 07:57:00 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 09:32:50 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 03:18:45 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 01:17:52 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:16:05 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: SF Bay / Marin / Sonoma Coast Launch and Park with Trailer  (Read 1771 times)

petek2b

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2022
Hi everyone, I have a Pro Angler 14 that I haul around on a trailer because the factory roof racks on my car are too weak to support such a heavy kayak. I'm not sure if this has been addressed before, but I'm looking for launches and parking that are suitable for a small-ish kayak trailer in the North SF Bay, Marin, Sonoma, and maybe as far north as the Mendocino Coast area. I know a couple of good ones like Nick's Cove, Doran, Ft Ross, and Albion Campground. Are there any others that are particularly good (cost? or free?) or do they get a bit more tricky to navigate outside of these main ones especially considering parking with the trailer? Thanks for the advice!

SpeedyStein

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2020
Alameda Rock Wall has a nice boat ramp, dock, and ample parking for vehicle with trailer.   Popular spot for CA Hali in the bay, but does get busy when the season heats up.  Free to launch/park, has bathrooms and fish cleaning station. 

I think Richmond has a paved ramp, but I've only launched at the beach at the park there. 

There are a lot of ramps in the delta too - a couple free ones, but most are private orgs and charge a fee.  Usually $5-$15.

Benecia 9th St is free
Benecia 1st St has a small charge- forgot how much tho.
Martinez is $10
Pittsburg and Antioch are free
Sherman Island is Sac Co Park, $5
Lauritzen's has a small charge - forgot how much
Eddo's is $15

There are for sure others, but I haven't launched at those places.  All the places I mentioned have paved ramps and parking for trailers. 
- Kevin

jp52

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017
I sometimes use a trailer and if I'm in a lot without trailer parking I just take it off and put it in the space next to my car. I lock the trailer ball receiver and put a cable lock through the wheels. If it's a pay lot I pay for 2 spaces. I can tell from google maps if the spot I'm considering has trailer parking.

Mark L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017
Miller Knox park at Ferry Point in Richmond has a dirt lot across the street from the parking lot. Bathrooms, outdoor shower, fish cleaning table, and easy launch.
2018 Eddyline Yellow Caribbean 14 Angler

petek2b

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
Thank you all for the suggestions. That definitely expands my knowledge of areas around the bay to launch. Coming from the north, though, are there any more launches and parking going up into Marin and Sonoma Coasts or the bay sides of Marin and Sonoma?

petek2b

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
I sometimes use a trailer and if I'm in a lot without trailer parking I just take it off and put it in the space next to my car. I lock the trailer ball receiver and put a cable lock through the wheels. If it's a pay lot I pay for 2 spaces. I can tell from google maps if the spot I'm considering has trailer parking.

This is a great idea. I've thought about parking this way but haven't tried it yet. I have a lock for the trailer ball too, so I should just do it one of these days.Thanks!

fishbushing

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018

This is a great idea. I've thought about parking this way but haven't tried it yet. I have a lock for the trailer ball too, so I should just do it one of these days.Thanks!
This isn't okay at Oyster Point marina per habor master in the free launch parking.
-Jason

jp52

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017

This isn't okay at Oyster Point marina per habor master in the free launch parking.

Yeah I could see how parking your trailer in the free lot at a place with a paid boat launch would be frowned upon.