Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:19:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:05:07 AM]

[Today at 08:58:15 AM]

[Today at 05:58:28 AM]

[May 19, 2024, 10:48:03 PM]

[May 19, 2024, 10:38:11 PM]

[May 19, 2024, 10:21:04 AM]

by Clb
[May 19, 2024, 09:23:49 AM]

[May 19, 2024, 07:12:15 AM]

[May 18, 2024, 07:33:15 PM]

[May 18, 2024, 07:29:46 PM]

[May 18, 2024, 04:56:39 PM]

[May 18, 2024, 12:06:29 PM]

[May 18, 2024, 07:37:45 AM]

[May 17, 2024, 11:20:54 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:41:33 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 07:13:03 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 10:29:52 AM]

[May 17, 2024, 09:32:27 AM]

[May 17, 2024, 09:08:12 AM]

[May 17, 2024, 07:00:12 AM]

[May 17, 2024, 06:57:59 AM]

[May 16, 2024, 08:43:30 PM]

[May 16, 2024, 06:11:52 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Joining the Tribe  (Read 7117 times)

Squidder K

• On the 7th day God created fishing!
  • Sea Lion
  • Old Squidder's never die!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
One question, how much $$$$ those look pretty sweet for a guy getting older. My Big Tuna gets heavier every time I want to paddle.

I just went back and checked Ruben's email dated 12/28 and he quoted me $3059 for the 555, and $2950 for the Fisha 500 (prices may have changed since then as he was expecting a 2019 price increase. Ruben can give you spot on current pricing. Those boats are fiberglass, obviously the higher end Carbon Fiber will be more. With the CF, imagine a 17 foot kayak that weighs under 50 pounds...think your shoulder would want to play with that PA 14 at almost 2+ times that weight?

A comparable Kaskazi Dorado II is around the same price point. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 03:21:23 PM by Squidder K »
Kevin Storm
"A bad day fishing, still beats a good day of work!"
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans"
Patriots Fan since 1967
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=field+artillery+song

Mojo Jojo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
One question, how much $$$$ those look pretty sweet for a guy getting older. My Big Tuna gets heavier every time I want to paddle.

I just went back and checked Ruben's email dated 12/28 and he quoted me $3059 for the 555, and $2950 for the Fisha 500 (prices may have changed since then as he was expecting a 2019 price increase. Ruben can give you spot on current pricing. Those boats are fiberglass, obviously the higher end Carbon Fiber will be more. With the CF, imagine a 17 foot kayak that weighs under 50 pounds...think your shoulder would want to play with that PA 14 at almost 2+ times that weight?

I have an extensive fleet for just me the wife and my 7year old grandson that we watch, my kids are all adults and have the “job” (profanity) and significant other thing. I’m forcibly retired with a bad hip and a headache 24/7 -365 going on 12 years now, and my lower back is not very happy most days. I love the slayer and propel and can get them on and off the trailer myself, and wheel to the water, but it takes a little time solo, the Big Tuna “forgetaboutit” I usually don’t fish alone due to the headache being able to incapacitate me if I over exert myself which I rarely do. Most of the NWKA brothers I fish with are all about team carry and loading/unloading. But damn that looks like a sweet ride for the weight. But I’d likely have to sell one of my fleet, hit the lottery I don’t play, hig the jackpot slots I never use, or rob a bank (won’t do much good sitting in the big house) but DAMN!  :smt007

2013 Jackson Big Tuna.........Ours
2011 Native Mariner Propel 12.5...His
2015 Native Slayer Propel 13.......Hers
20?? Emotion ,Sparky.....7 yr old grandson's
Event Coordinator
Heroes On the Water
North Oregon Coast Chapter
Team C.O.D. FISHING (Crazy Old Dudes)just for forum fun challenges

Squidder K

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

I have an extensive fleet for just me the wife and my 7year old grandson that we watch, my kids are all adults and have the “job” (profanity) and significant other thing. I’m forcibly retired with a bad hip and a headache 24/7 -365 going on 12 years now, and my lower back is not very happy most days. I love the slayer and propel and can get them on and off the trailer myself, and wheel to the water, but it takes a little time solo, the Big Tuna “forgetaboutit” I usually don’t fish alone due to the headache being able to incapacitate me if I over exert myself which I rarely do. Most of the NWKA brothers I fish with are all about team carry and loading/unloading. But damn that looks like a sweet ride for the weight. But I’d likely have to sell one of my fleet, hit the lottery I don’t play, hig the jackpot slots I never use, or rob a bank (won’t do much good sitting in the big house) but DAMN!  :smt007

My knees are not great, and I have back issues as well, so a peddle drive was going to be out of the question.  GF is short and loading and unloading boats is challenging but not impossible. She can still load a 17 foot Sea Kayak by herself (but a sea kayak and a peddle boat are two different animals).  That Said I didn't want to have a fleet, more like having one boat that was going to be a Gerber Multi Tool of kayaks.  Useful across multiple areas, which the Stealth does, I think the only thing I would not do is drag it down a shallow river do its length and the material it is made of.   For those situations, I can see either a rental or used shorter Rotomold boat.
Kevin Storm
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Patriots Fan since 1967

FishHunt(Ty)

• Salmon
  • Name: Tyler
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
any body know What is price for the latest 475 with the front live bait tank

Squidder K

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Ask Ruben about pricing.
Kevin Storm
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Patriots Fan since 1967

Squidder K

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
A quick update, after a delay from the factory moving locations, I got word from Ruben last week that my yak will soon be ocean bound. Bad news shipping to US from South Africa to Florida is expected 56-65 days :(   Then what ever time it takes to get off loaded, and then shipped to Ruben, then on to me.  So I am guessing I will see this yak in the Oct-Nov time frame. Bummer, as I hoped it would be here sooner, but it is what it is.
Kevin Storm
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Patriots Fan since 1967

Squidder K

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Ok, I got an update from South Africa, seems the new factory had some issues to get production up...somehting called electricity was an issue for a while.  Which caused a delay, the shop in Florida has moved to Texas, and I am still waiting to hear if they arrive there soon. I still have an guesstimate of some time in  October for it to make it to CA, then once Ruben gives me the call getting it up here.
Kevin Storm
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Patriots Fan since 1967

bluekayak

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005
That might explain why the parts I ordered a month ago haven’t arrived

My opinion is stealths are still one of the best fishing kayaks on the market but after wrestling with serious issues with mine over the past 4-5 years and missing this entire salmon season because of it I’m somewhat over my original enthusiasm

I will likely be leaving the tribe soon as soon as I get the 575 fixed up it will probably be up for sale

According to Bruce when I had them ship it it was the first 575 in the US

Maybe the first Stealth in California

Squidder K

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
That might explain why the parts I ordered a month ago haven’t arrived

My opinion is stealths are still one of the best fishing kayaks on the market but after wrestling with serious issues with mine over the past 4-5 years and missing this entire salmon season because of it I’m somewhat over my original enthusiasm

I will likely be leaving the tribe soon as soon as I get the 575 fixed up it will probably be up for sale

According to Bruce when I had them ship it it was the first 575 in the US

Maybe the first Stealth in California

What issues did you have?  Sorry to hear you had issues with them.
Kevin Storm
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Patriots Fan since 1967

LAOC

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2019
I’m wondering the same as Squidder. All I saw when I searched was the sticker issue; sounds like something more serious.