General > Site Discussion

I asked ChatGPT " Best ocean kayak fishing destinations in northern California"

(1/2) > >>

123engineering:
Do you agree with the response?

"Northern California offers some of the best kayak fishing destinations in the United States due to its rugged coastline, abundance of fish species, and stunning natural beauty. Here are some of the top ocean kayak fishing destinations in Northern California:

Trinidad Bay: Located just north of Eureka, Trinidad Bay offers a sheltered harbor that is perfect for launching kayaks. The bay is home to a variety of fish species, including rockfish, lingcod, and salmon.

Tomales Bay: Located just north of San Francisco, Tomales Bay is a popular destination for kayak fishing due to its calm waters and abundant fish population. Anglers can catch halibut, striped bass, and rockfish.

Bodega Bay: Located on the Sonoma Coast, Bodega Bay is a great place to catch rockfish, lingcod, and salmon from a kayak. The bay is also home to a variety of other marine life, including seals, sea lions, and whales.

Mendocino Coast: The Mendocino Coast is known for its rugged beauty and excellent fishing opportunities. Anglers can catch a variety of species from their kayaks, including rockfish, lingcod, and salmon.

Humboldt Bay: Humboldt Bay is a large estuary located near Eureka that offers excellent kayak fishing opportunities. Anglers can catch halibut, striped bass, and a variety of other fish species.

When planning a kayak fishing trip to Northern California, it's important to check the weather and ocean conditions beforehand, as they can be unpredictable and potentially dangerous. It's also important to obtain any necessary permits and licenses before fishing."

Paul

Sailfish:
Yes I do.  Thanks for sharing Paul.

LoletaEric:
Impressive, but not spot-on.  I'm glad Shelter Cove wasn't mentioned!  Also, I've never heard of a striped bass caught in or near Humboldt Bay.  I've seen them many times in the Eel River, and they're sometimes encountered up at Crescent City, but that reference is not accurate.

AlsHobieOutback:
It's a pretty interesting piece of technology.  But the more information you feed it, the better it will get at returning accurate data.  So it could be in the near future, that it knows every spot that you can possibly launch from.  Maybe someday it can also could even say when it's safe to do so with accuracy. 

bluekayak:

--- Quote from: LoletaEric on March 23, 2023, 10:08:44 PM ---I'm glad Shelter Cove wasn't mentioned!

--- End quote ---

Give it time, Abs

In fact, now that you’ve mentioned it I wonder how long before it makes the AI list of best spots…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version