Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:16:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:27:07 PM]

[Today at 12:03:45 PM]

[Today at 08:28:43 AM]

[Today at 08:05:07 AM]

[Today at 07:20:26 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 09:45:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 05:53:58 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 03:16:26 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:51:06 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 07:57:00 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 09:32:50 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 06:57:02 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 03:18:45 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 01:17:52 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:23:39 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Before I take the plunge...  (Read 3096 times)

FISHALLDAY

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
I need to know if what I'm about to get is really a "deal." I've spoke to several other NCKA members and so far it seems like it is. Now I just need to get a group opinion.

The "deal"

Brand  New 2011 Hobie Revolution 13 w/ turbo fins and sail rudder for $1725 out the door.

SO, deal or no deal?

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2006
I see you're in Santa Clara, where are you getting this?

Truthfully, you're saving a few bucks but it's definitely not a steal.  If you want a new yak now, go for it.  If you have time to sit tight and brand spanking new isn't important, you'll probably be able to find a better deal.  Just my $0.02

FISHALLDAY

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Dillbeck - Thanks for the advice. I've thought about it through and I plan on just getting it new. Do you think that price is a deal for it being all new and of last years make?

Salty.

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Even though that's last year's model I say that's a deal cause retail + 8.5% tax for that stuff = $2144 - $1725 = $419 savings. Unless you buy used or a demo I don't see how you're going to beat that deal and the way Hobie mirage kayaks hold their value I think it's worth a couple hundred extra, vs used, to buy new and get the two year warranty.

jbaker

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Hobie made changes to there line up in 2012. Does it come with the v2 drive? The seat mounts are way eaiser in the 2012, and the handles are 10x better. $1725 out the door is a good price, is it from a local dealer? If not you may not be able to get it warnteed at a local dealer and will have to take it to where it Was purchased. Will they include the reg fins and stock rudder, you might not like how responsive the rudder is. With the turbo fins and saling rudder you can go fast enough and turn so sharp you toss your self out of the seat?

• made in USA
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
i think i paid 1675 for mine brand new from sunrise in livermore, that was a close out and if you buy new you get 10% member rewards, so you would get a 175 dollar gift card. they are worth checking out
thanks james
like a one legged duck always going in circles
stormtrooper-i was there and survived
paradise butt hunt- 1st place
2nd place yakhopper's delta striper event
storm trooper 2-11 H.O.W.
2nd place yakhoppers new hogan striper event
2ND anual mooch invitational

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I assumed you had to pay for tax.  If indeed you don't, then yes, it becomes an even better deal.  Not exactly highway robbery on your end, but definitely better.

Look, I completely understand wanting to buy new.  I don't blame you, and would probably also pull the trigger, but I just wasn't sure how good of a deal you were looking for.

Who's giving you this deal if you don't mind me asking? 

dilbeck

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Completely overlooked "out the door" so yes, it becomes an even better deal.

If you're looking for a steal, check out O2B's Pro Angler!

FishingAddict

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
I say definitely go for it.  I picked up my 2nd Revo last Friday and spent the last month contacting numerous dealers for the best deal.

You need to look at it as a "Win Win" situation for you and the dealer.  They cannot sell at a total loss and already giving a price break to clear their inventory.  You are getting the better WIN part of the transaction.

When I bought my first Revo I waited 6 months before upgrading to turbo fins and sailing rudder.  What you get from the factory will work just fine.  If your budget is limited at this time then hold off on the upgrades and get them later.  They are easy to buy.
If you pass on that price you may not get it again.
2018 Hobie Revolution 13 Cheeesy Orange Papaya
2019 Hobie Revolution 11 Seagrass Green

nudling

• Sea Lion
  • I tend to drift when I fish
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
That's a great deal, especially since it's difficult to get major discounts on hobies.

Would this be new or a demo being passed off as new?
hobie24 hobie08 rip

EWB

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2008
jessh dilbeck...pay attention! hahahaha! You are as bad as a school teacher oh wait!
-Eric Berg

sigelvictory

• Sea Lion
  • ahem, did you not get the memo?
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Good deal as far as I can tell... Hobies seem to be MAP priced for the most part, so any discount, even a small one is a bonus.  You may try calling Wind Toys in santa rosa... it would be drive for you, but if you explain what you are looking at, maybe they can make it worth your while?  A little competition never hurt.  Either way, get it done, and get on the water... you will not regret it!
Never trust a man that doesnt like to fish...

Lee

• Captain, HMS Engagement
  • Salmon
  • Revo 13 - Oasis
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
It's a good deal, specially with turbo fins and sailing rudder included.

With the turbo fins and saling rudder you can go fast enough and turn so sharp you toss your self out of the seat?

If you turn hard at high speed without regards for the consequences, then you deserve to go swimming.

Assistant Chapter Coordinator (NWest Chapter)

Kayak Fishing:  Putting mankind back into the food chain

FISHALLDAY

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Alright I think all of you guys just sealed the deal for me. I will be purchasing it in the next few hours.

To answer a few questions (i'm at work right now) it is a brand new hobie and from a local dealer. The $1725 out the door does include all the original parts as well as the upgraded parts. I will reveal the dealer later (and after I okay it with the owner) to see if he can offer the same deal the next two buyers -- he only has 3 in stock of last years model.

Thank you guys for all the info.

John

FISHALLDAY

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Just joined the darkside yesterday afternoon. Can't wait to take it out on the water this weekend for some  butts and possibly dungies. For anybody interested in the same deal go to Sunrise in Livermore and talk to Phil. There are only two left (olive green and red) from last years model.

I also wanted to say Thank You guys again for all the information.

Tight lines everyone,

John