Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:06:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:04:25 AM]

[Today at 08:03:44 AM]

[Today at 07:27:13 AM]

[May 01, 2024, 07:30:52 PM]

[May 01, 2024, 09:06:36 AM]

[April 30, 2024, 09:10:03 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 06:36:16 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 03:32:29 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 02:15:19 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 10:36:12 AM]

[April 30, 2024, 09:08:11 AM]

[April 29, 2024, 09:16:05 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 07:01:31 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 01:56:07 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:31:45 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:28:43 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:05:07 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: NEW Native Slayer MAX Propel 12.5 - $2599 brand new model!  (Read 4362 times)

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
The newest iteration of the Slayer line is here!  I was part of the design team and there's a lot of cool stuff on this boat.  We worked on fixing most of the issues that we felt the Slayer Propel 13 was lacking.  Don't forget, the 13 was the original of the Slayer line and yeah, things have evolved a lot since then. 

Here's the link to the new boat on Native's website.  If you've got facebook or insta we've got a few videos up on it already, as well as the one on the website.

https://nativewatercraft.com/max/

Specs:
Length 12'6"
Width  34"
Weight 89lbs bare hull* (estimated weight)
Weight 108lbs fitted* including titan seat base and propel drive (estimated)

*Larger rudder than original stock
*New Titan Seat Base - storage under the seat and also higher COG option
*Switch mounting plate on starboard side
*Battery Storage Tray (on top of transducer mounting location)
*Integrated rod tubes on both sides of kayak

Other things:
Entire cockpit is 25" in width throughout the yak - should be plenty of width within the cockpit to store anything you need, and space to keep your feet while pedaling.
New Rotomolded front hatch cover should be very durable compared to the previous vacuum sealed hatch.  Strong enough that you could even stand on it if you wanted.
mounting spots for power pole micro or a bow mount trolling motor for the bass guys. 

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 07:25:48 AM by bmb »

fishbushing

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018
Nice can’t wait for the official unveiling.
-Jason

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
It's officially here!

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Very nice  :smt007  Any NCKA discount?  :smt003
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
Very nice  :smt007  Any NCKA discount?  :smt003
Of course, purchase through Headwaters and they'll often offer something to us NCKA!

Mojo Jojo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
Any chance that integrated weed guard might just could be able to fit my two existing propel drives??? If not WHY THE HELL NOT!!! I have had one incident of almost getting flushed out Tillamook bay after an unseen seaweed patch jammed in my prop, hard to peddle, lost speed and could only hold position while paddling and half ass peddling. Luckily I don’t fish alone and have a bow line on. Two hobie guys pulled while I cleared the jam.

2013 Jackson Big Tuna.........Ours
2011 Native Mariner Propel 12.5...His
2015 Native Slayer Propel 13.......Hers
20?? Emotion ,Sparky.....7 yr old grandson's
Event Coordinator
Heroes On the Water
North Oregon Coast Chapter
Team C.O.D. FISHING (Crazy Old Dudes)just for forum fun challenges

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
Any chance that integrated weed guard might just could be able to fit my two existing propel drives??? If not WHY THE HELL NOT!!! I have had one incident of almost getting flushed out Tillamook bay after an unseen seaweed patch jammed in my prop, hard to peddle, lost speed and could only hold position while paddling and half ass peddling. Luckily I don’t fish alone and have a bow line on. Two hobie guys pulled while I cleared the jam.
It is a new lower transmission gear. Costs $99 and will fit any 301 or newer drive.  But not sure about yours.  There are also aftermarket 3d printed weed guards that might work on your drive if its not a 301 or newer.

Mojo Jojo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
It is a new lower transmission gear. Costs $99 and will fit any 301 or newer drive.  But not sure about yours.  There are also aftermarket 3d printed weed guards that might work on your drive if its not a 301 or newer.
What production year was the 301? One of my cases has the threaded hole on top of the drive and one does not
I have a 2011 & 2015. Got a link for the 3D printed one or would I need to hit up an NWKA member with a 3D printer.

2013 Jackson Big Tuna.........Ours
2011 Native Mariner Propel 12.5...His
2015 Native Slayer Propel 13.......Hers
20?? Emotion ,Sparky.....7 yr old grandson's
Event Coordinator
Heroes On the Water
North Oregon Coast Chapter
Team C.O.D. FISHING (Crazy Old Dudes)just for forum fun challenges

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
What production year was the 301? One of my cases has the threaded hole on top of the drive and one does not
I have a 2011 & 2015. Got a link for the 3D printed one or would I need to hit up an NWKA member with a 3D printer.
headwaters in lodi sells the 3d printed one - contact them and they can ship to you.  just tell them you're looking for a weed guard for your propel drive and make sure you mention you're an NCKA member.  not sure if that one will work on every drive, especially an older one.

There should be a serial number on your drive somewhere and it should tell you what series you have.  the 2015 is probably a 301 or 401.  i don't think the 2011 would be able to take the new transmission gear.

SlackedTide

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2014
That’s a really nice lake setup...
2014 Hobie Revo 13
2011 Hobie Outback - bye bye
1997 Tracker 17 Deep V<--- Money Pit

When you look outside the window, and all you see is fishing. True Story.

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
That’s a really nice lake setup...
It's developed for both salt and freshwater.  New upswept bow raker, improved turning, sharper entry.  not as squared off as some of our models in the rear, 34" wide. My Manta Ray Propel handles the ocean just fine and is not as capable of a kayak as this one is.  Have never had a problem with my propel drives in saltwater and I've had them as long as anyone on the west coast.  just needs occasional maintenance.

anything