Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:11:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 28, 2024, 08:31:45 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 01:27:07 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:28:43 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:05:07 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:20:26 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 09:45:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 05:53:58 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 03:16:26 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:51:06 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 07:57:00 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 09:32:50 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 06:57:02 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 03:18:45 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 01:17:52 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:23:39 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Wanted: A Smaller and Simpler Kayak  (Read 4317 times)

Tinker

• Sand Dab
  • Kevin
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2023
Found it, and it's a nice one.  Thank you.

There's a Tetra 12 on Mendocino Craiglist, Willits.
Sometimes, when the water is quiet, you can hear the fish laughing at you.

fishbushing

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018
-Jason

Tinker

• Sand Dab
  • Kevin
  • View Profile
Thank you.  My trip to Sacramento is over and I'd need a volunteer to get it a bit closer to me - San Jose is a 10-drive now - but it's a nice boat and I appreciate you pointing it out to me.  I'll contact the seller to see if they're heading North because one never knows...

Here's a tetra 12 on cl $550 if you're still looking.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/spo/d/san-jose-ocean-kayak-tetra-12-sit-on/7639979093.html

fishbushing

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018
Thank you.  My trip to Sacramento is over and I'd need a volunteer to get it a bit closer to me - San Jose is a 10-drive now - but it's a nice boat and I appreciate you pointing it out to me.  I'll contact the seller to see if they're heading North because one never knows...

More than happy to pick it up for you if you have someone in mind to ncka express it closer to you.
-Jason

Tpowell707

• Salmon
  • View Profile Deadliest Kast Fishing
  • Date Registered: May 2021
Been storing my buddies Wilderness Systems tarpon 120 and 100 for the last couple of years, let me check he may want to sell em. I know I'd like to get em out of my yard! Located in Santa Rosa
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 10:48:51 AM by Tpowell707 »
Deadliest Kast Fishing Deckhand

Vibe Shearwater 125- Team Blue

2nd Place-2022 Albion Open

"One doesn’t discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." André Gide.

Tinker

• Sand Dab
  • Kevin
  • View Profile
Well, let me ask and I'll let you know.  Even if no one volunteers, this was a mighty generous offer.  Thank you.

More than happy to pick it up for you if you have someone in mind to ncka express it closer to you.

Tinker

• Sand Dab
  • Kevin
  • View Profile
Out of your yard?  Your yard!  Do I get a Special Discount for evicting all the spiders and other nasty critters?   :smt045

(That was a joke)

Thanks for letting me know.  I might be interested in the 120 if the price is right.  Can you tell me more about it, maybe a picture? If your friend doesn't want to sell it, at least I'd know what I'm missing out on.

Look at me, Ma'!  I might go from having no kayaks to having two of them.  All the cool kids have more than one...

Been storing my buddies Wilderness Systems tarpon 120 and 100 for the last couple of years, let me check he may want to sell em. I know I'd like to get em out of my yard! Located in Santa Rosa

jp52

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017
Well, let me ask and I'll let you know.  Even if no one volunteers, this was a mighty generous offer.  Thank you.

Too bad this wasn't posted yesterday. I'm driving from Walnut Creek to Coos Bay and could have brought it up. I make this trip every month or two so I might be able to help in the future of you need it.

Tinker

• Sand Dab
  • Kevin
  • View Profile
Mighty kind of you, and I appreciate it.  Who knows, I might need a hand on your next trip up this way.  It's only been a three weeks since I started my search.  it could go on.  And on.

Too bad this wasn't posted yesterday. I'm driving from Walnut Creek to Coos Bay and could have brought it up. I make this trip every month or two so I might be able to help in the future of you need it.

Tinker

• Sand Dab
  • Kevin
  • View Profile
I could use a NWKA Express volunteer to move a kayak either from the Ft. Bragg area or the Santa Rosa area to Walnut Creek.

Or from Ft. Bragg (or Santa Rosa) to up near Port Oford, a bit North of the border. - or anywhere near Roseburg on I-5 - would be tits.

Whichever kayak I can get to me is the one I'll buy, and neither of them are longer than 12-feet.

Any volunteers?

simplycook

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2014
I’m going to be in the Santa Rosa/Cotati area next Tuesday 9/8.  I can bring it back to be in El Cerrito/Richmond. 

Tinker

• Sand Dab
  • Kevin
  • View Profile
That's great!  It's getting closer...

Thank you, I'll be in touch.

jp52

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017
I work in Berkeley on Wednesdays so could pick it up in El Cerrito without too much trouble.

dtizz

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2015
I have a Viking Profish GT to sell if you are interested.
https://www.vikingkayaks.co.nz/shop/kayaks/profish+gt+-+ultra+stable+fishing+kayak+2489

Was a demo boat at Headwaters when Dan's shop was open.

Just under 12' long. Comes with removable tackle pod, which is convenient to remove when you are loading. (I have a Viking Profish Reload as my main fishing kayak, and love it.)

Happy to make a deal if you are interested in getting in back on the water. I can take some pictures if you might be interested. In Sacramento.

Tinker

• Sand Dab
  • Kevin
  • View Profile
Thanks, dtizz, but no.  I'm hunting for a temporary kayak to work on building my strength after chemotherapy, not a permanent boat.  When I think I've done all I can with it, it's go to the kids and I'll start pedaling.  I appreciate the offer, but I must, regretably, decline.

I have a Viking Profish GT to sell if you are interested.
https://www.vikingkayaks.co.nz/shop/kayaks/profish+gt+-+ultra+stable+fishing+kayak+2489

Was a demo boat at Headwaters when Dan's shop was open.

Just under 12' long. Comes with removable tackle pod, which is convenient to remove when you are loading. (I have a Viking Profish Reload as my main fishing kayak, and love it.)

Happy to make a deal if you are interested in getting in back on the water. I can take some pictures if you might be interested. In Sacramento.

anything