Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:46:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:06:30 AM]

by jp52
[May 11, 2024, 09:42:36 AM]

[May 10, 2024, 10:34:49 PM]

[May 10, 2024, 09:50:31 PM]

[May 10, 2024, 08:04:41 PM]

[May 10, 2024, 07:53:03 PM]

[May 10, 2024, 04:13:44 PM]

[May 10, 2024, 03:35:39 PM]

by capo
[May 10, 2024, 12:49:47 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 01:04:03 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 10:15:40 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:12:28 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 07:35:53 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 06:46:52 AM]

[May 08, 2024, 04:58:49 PM]

[May 08, 2024, 12:29:15 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Kraken 13.5 Modified  (Read 8255 times)

TheKeeneroo

• Salmon
  • Eric
  • View Profile FIN + FORAGE
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
Did I miss a photo of your stickers? I'm curious to see the reflective layout.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward

There's definitely a fish under THIS rock....

Eric, Pacific Grove
Instagram - @thekeeneroo
Facebook - @Ekeener1
Level 1 Free Dive Cert, EANx
FIN + FORAGE - Founder                  www.finandforage.com

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
How are you supporting your transducer from the bottom?  I feel like cleaning up my wiring after seeing your work.  I like the cable plugs.  Must do some searching.
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

racer414

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
Love your builds! What’s the padding you added to the deck?
Headwaters Kayak Fishing Team

Hydrospider

Did I miss a photo of your stickers? I'm curious to see the reflective layout.

Jackson has the Kraken/Sammons branding between the bow handle and the bow hatch.
You can see the reflective material there. Its a brighter red and the is no black mix.

How are you supporting your transducer from the bottom?  I feel like cleaning up my wiring after seeing your work.  I like the cable plugs.  Must do some searching.

The transducer is attached in the intended scupper hole and attached with a 4 point JBweld.
The "cable plugs" ,or wire caps, are from Wilderness Systems.

Love your builds! What’s the padding you added to the deck?

I used 2 layers on this boat. the base layer is mini-cell and the top layer is Hydro-turf.

Hydrospider

That is all that I'll be sharing on this boat.
I had fun with all of the projects on this one, except posting the work here.
I have enjoyed having friends in the background of my boat photos during my off and on participation here and I had hoped to continue having the ladies involved as a sort of signature shot.
It is discouraging that the NCKA no longer has the class to just enjoy without comments from the less than mediocre minds that have flooded this forum.
Im not really surprised, just disappointed and significantly less interested in sharing my work here.

I have stated that I would rig and review a Scupper14.
I will complete that project (without the ladies) and then.....

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
FWIW, thanks for the inspiration and the ideas of the customizing options.  Fish on.... :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

Hydrospider

Well,  I am glad you enjoyed the work that I shared here and hopefully you will enjoy trying to duplicate these projects.

I'm really looking forward to finishing the Scupper14 rig and review so I won't waste another second of my time here. 

I'll be involved with a private group where I can once again share fishing reports and continue the rigging projects. All members have IQs above mouth breather level. A very welcome change.

Tim in Albion

• Salmon
  • Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018
I too have a Scupper that I want to rig a little, so I'd be keenly interested in your build. Hope you post it where I can follow. Your rigging looks tidy and leaves the boat uncluttered, which is the way I want mine to stay.
Swell Scupper 14 in Great White (!)

Hydrospider

I too have a Scupper that I want to rig a little, so I'd be keenly interested in your build. Hope you post it where I can follow. Your rigging looks tidy and leaves the boat uncluttered, which is the way I want mine to stay.

TiA,  I'm in the rigging process now. The going is slow, now that I am on the water more and reporting again.  While I won't be sharing the complete review here, I'll do a dumbed down version for the NCKA.
The roll, leg strap attachment points, flotation, traction pads, and thats about it.
It's an interesting boat and has some interesting rigging challenges.
I will be using the urethane venturi valves and I'll try to make sure to add their functionality to the monkey level version. I'll even try to write slowly for this forum.
I don't have a timeline, but I am working on it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 07:20:38 PM by Hydrospider »

Tim in Albion

• Salmon
  • Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018
No rush, I plan to take my time as well. (Although I did just install a Scotty flush mount on the table between the pedals.)

I'm thinking of routing the cables for the fishfinder through the hatch cover, if I can find the right grommets. Any suggestions on that would be welcome.
Swell Scupper 14 in Great White (!)

Hydrospider

I am pleased with the Wilderness Systems wire caps that I used on the Kraken boat and will likely use them again.
 My rigging mentor used cable glands with success. I like both.
Good luck with your projects TiA.

The Kraken is on the work racks today for more upgrades. This thread could have been something special as this boat continues to evolve. If only the NCKA had standards. So many clowns, so few contributors left.

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Hey Terry, whats up with the constant jabs at this forum’s membership? It comes across as really petty and unnecessary. Go ahead and continue painting the whole group with one broad & pessimistic brushstroke though.

On the topic of JK Kraken 13.5, thanks for the pics & descriptions of your mods. I have not done any modifications to mine. And I don’t plan to. Just some pool noodles in the hull. In fact, I’m not even planning to install a fishfinder on it! (OMG hahaha) It already has more accessories than I prefer. But it’s cool to see other peoples’ ideas, so Thanks for sharing your kayak upgrade progress.
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

Hydrospider

Hey PK,  I appreciate and respect your perspective on my relentless assault on the NCKA culture.
What you see as really petty and unnecessary, I view as being intolerant of fuckery and unfortunately crucial to having a forum that is both smart and ON TOPIC. I want to make it very clear that if I take the time to document and share my work here, it is for the education and entertainment of those who choose to read it. My threads are not a platform for these clowns like Mojo Jojo to practice their weak attempts at humor.
 This forum was once home to scientists, artists, kayakers, and maverick anglers that shared and learned from each other. I believe that the NCKA is and has been in a state of rapid devolution and I would like to see that spiral into ignorance stop. At least on my threads.
 It is highly likely that I will not be here much longer and I will not return. The culture here needs to decide if they want the forum to be driven by the Mojo Jojos or those who put in the time to contribute both the interesting and educational.
Anyway, thanks for saying something, but for the very short time that I will remain a contributor here, I will not stop protecting my threads from the mediocre minds. If that is a problem, please remove me from the site immediately and I will respect and understand your decision.
Hope to see you on the east side and Go Hawks!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 12:33:52 PM by Hydrospider »

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
Ok I hear ya. More people equals more personalities. That is part of the cycle.
Just to be clear: I still see scientists, artists, kayakers, and mavericks here. Maybe that’s just me; I’m usually good at tuning out things that annoy me. Either way I’ve learned a lot and continue to learn from folks here. Mostly during in-person fishing/kayaking sessions or during time spent together off the water.
Sorry to get all philosophical & off-topic. :-) But I say that as both a friend and proud member of this club.
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

Hydrospider

Come on PK!  You're not going to banish me from the site?!?!
I should be excommunicated forever!
It's more than obvious that the NCKA has never really been a fit for me, even though Ive tried 3 or 4 times now. I came here this time to hopefully find other 395ers for shuttle and support on the Owens runs. That did not happen.
I do believe in thinking globally but acting locally, so I stuck around, and again it's just not going to work.
You don't need to apologize for the philosophical/off topic points. This thread was damaged as soon as I decided to remove the photo of the boat and the beautiful lady.
 I think it's great that you have a home here PK, and everyone else that is proud to be a member.  Some people really dig it. I am unfortunately the opposite.
 One defining moment was at Timber Cove, where I was camping. One of the days we were there a good sized group of NCKA showed up to fish and get festive. It was enjoyable, until they all left and the place was trashed. Beer bottles and boxes, empty ice bags blowing around, amongst other random garbage left behind. It was really no big deal for us to clean up the place. Team B-port has a long history of cleaning up trash left behind by fisherfolk.

http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=28291.msg302906#msg302906

BUT, this time it was different. It wasn't the trash on the ground that disturbed me, but the trash that left it behind.  When I went to dispose of the garbage, I also threw away the NCKA sticker that I had proudly displayed on my truck.  I was embarrassed and disgusted to be involved with the NCKA and decided to never display any affiliation to this club on my vehicle or boats again.
While I do have a very solid group of friends that I have met here and will hold dear for always,  I have very little respect for the general pop. It's why I haven't been to an event in so many years.

I have committed to finishing the Scupper14 gig and then I will move on for good and focus on the underground movement that is more my style.

Thanks again for calling me out PK. It was definitely justified.
You represent the club well and I am glad we are friends.

anything