Kayak Fishing Zone > Safety First

Inshore Automatic/Manual Inflatable Life Jackets Sale

(1/4) > >>

Bulldog---Alex:
These vests might be more geared towards inshore boating.

Can't say i have seen anyone with this type in a kayak?

I am considering this type for lakes.

https://www.westmarine.com/west-marine-inshore-automatic-manual-inflatable-life-jackets-P020164174.html

Sailfish:
I read the reviews on this life Jacket and I have second thought about it.

Bulldog---Alex:

--- Quote from: Sailfish on November 25, 2023, 06:50:02 PM ---I read the reviews on this life Jacket and I have second thought about it.

--- End quote ---

Wow !  Even for lakes ?

Found bad reviews on some falsely inflating and they are sold without cartridges.

Rusty Hooker:
Used to run them on my Lund 18ft. The chances you're gonna go over in a boat, makes them comfortable to get people to wear em. I'd say the chances of going over are way higher in a yak which makes me not like them now, plus if they come in contact with any water from a wave, POOF, inflated. Had them stored in a hatch during the winter and one went off. Found out the boat cover had a leak! Stick to a solid yak PFD. But that's just my 2 cents. Also the yak PFDs have way better floatation and always keep you afloat. At least you can guarantee they'll find your body if a boater mows ya over.

SpeedyStein:
Quite a few of the Youtube bass fishing kayakers wear this style, but they are mostly in big barge style kayaks that seem to stay pretty dry.  They aren't getting underway in the ocean or in weather conditions that would get them wet. 

I think the appeal is that they are less bulky and provide more range of motion to make casting easier. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version