Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:58:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 28, 2024, 11:47:21 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 11:34:08 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:44:18 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 09:12:36 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM]

[March 28, 2024, 01:13:46 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Ikijime upgrade  (Read 7627 times)

AnnieAreYouOk

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
I was just about to start a new post and am so glad I saw this one before I did. Looks like Eddie and others have been doing this for a while which is so freaking cool.

I would like to share my friends and family discount code for Ike Jime brain spikes and shinkei jime wires ...Use ANNIEIKEJIME at checkout for 25% off for a limited time at The Ike Jime Federation Pro Shop. After that, (likely next month) they will be available where AFTCO products are sold and online at www.aftco.com.

iCast 2021 had some innovative and impressive fishing products but the one that stole the show for me was the AFTCO X The Ike Jime Federation Circuit Breaker, a tool for spinal cord destruction. Getting the opportunity to learn directly from Andrew Tsui, President of the Ike Jime Federation, opened my eyes to why this practice is so important, especially for people like me and Nick who enjoy eating and cooking our fish almost as much as we do catching it. It only takes a little extra TLC at the time of catch, killing the fish more quickly and effectively, which in turn yields better quality meat and longer shelf life for our fillets.

The Japanese slaughter practice consists of this four-step process; 1. Spiking the brain ("ike jime") 2. Cutting the gills and bleeding the fish ("exsanguination") 3. Destroying the spinal cord with Circuit Breaker ("shinkei jime") 4. Submerging fish in 50/50 ice and water slurry...

Here's a informative YouTube video that explains the Ike Jime process and the results: .

If you are interested in learning more, visit https://ikejimefederation.com/what-is-ike-jime/.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 10:33:36 PM by AnnieAreYouOk »

snapperhead

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Thanks for the code Annie!!! I was debating on making my own, but I went ahead and ordered the inshore bundle. I am still planning on making some spikes, as I already having some S/S rod at home.
"Life is like a school of rockfish, you never know what you're gonna get"

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I was just about to start a new post and am so glad I saw this one before I did. Looks like Eddie and others have been doing this for a while which is so freaking cool.

I would like to share my friends and family discount code for Ike Jime brain spikes and shinkei jime wires ...Use ANNIEIKEJIME at checkout for 25% off for a limited time at The Ike Jime Federation Pro Shop. After that, (likely next month) they will be available where AFTCO products are sold and online at www.aftco.com.

iCast 2021 had some innovative and impressive fishing products but the one that stole the show for me was the AFTCO X The Ike Jime Federation Circuit Breaker, a tool for spinal cord destruction. Getting the opportunity to learn directly from Andrew Tsui, President of the Ike Jime Federation, opened my eyes to why this practice is so important, especially for people like me and Nick who enjoy eating and cooking our fish almost as much as we do catching it. It only takes a little extra TLC at the time of catch, killing the fish more quickly and effectively, which in turn yields better quality meat and longer shelf life for our fillets.

The Japanese slaughter practice consists of this four-step process; 1. Spiking the brain ("ike jime") 2. Cutting the gills and bleeding the fish ("exsanguination") 3. Destroying the spinal cord with Circuit Breaker ("shinkei jime") 4. Submerging fish in 50/50 ice and water slurry...

Here's a informative YouTube video that explains the Ike Jime process and the results: .

If you are interested in learning more, visit https://ikejimefederation.com/what-is-ike-jime/.
Good stuff.  Dropped my 18g 36”into the ocean yesterday.  I didn’t heed my own leash dat wiyah philosophy...salmon and rockfish still got the business though... :smt006
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 01:30:56 PM by Eddie »
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

fishemotion

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
Boom! Sorry about the lost wire..
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 01:31:47 PM by fishemotion »

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Boom! Sorry about the lost wire..
No worries mate, you caught all da fish!  Farrolones boatstyle... :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

fishemotion

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2007
Supah fun stuff. The ikejime experience/confidence has increased greatly minus the bumbling hand :smt006

Maybe this camera lanyard would work for float..
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 06:33:33 PM by fishemotion »