Kayak Zone > Gearing Up and Rigging Up

Vice Grip

(1/3) > >>

newotk:
Hi ya'll,
 Line
I have a aluminum downrigger mount that's at 90° but I need to bend it back. 20 more degrees. I don't have a vise grip to be able to bend it back. I was wondering if any member on here has a vise grip that could that's available for me to use?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

christianbrat:

--- Quote from: newotk on January 18, 2022, 01:34:40 PM ---Hi ya'll,
 Line
I have a aluminum downrigger mount that's at 90° but I need to bend it back. 20 more degrees. I don't have a vise grip to be able to bend it back. I was wondering if any member on here has a vise grip that could that's available for me to use?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

--- End quote ---

I'm in redwood city and a have multitude of Vices and Vice Grips you are more than welcome to come on by and use

newotk:
Thank you so much. I have been trying to mount this thing for a while now. I have it on in reverse but would like to get more space on my deck with proper positioning.  I have been calling metal shops all over the SF area without much success. It should only take a few minutes, hopefully.  I am in San Francisco.  I will DM you to coordinate, thanks again.

James

snapperhead:
Be careful, most aluminum doesn't like to be bent; it may crack.

newotk:
Thanks for the information. I had no idea. Just need to bend it a little. Cross fingers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version