General > Fish Talk

Winter Kokanee

(1/5) > >>

sandwg:
Is winter kokanee a thing?  Just curious as duck season winds down and we have a few months of quiet in our world.  Last year halibut heated up really fast in Feb though.  I'll probably go any ways but was wondering if folks did have some success. 

Thanks!

Sand

pmmpete:
Winter kokanee is definitely a thing, but it doesn't necessarily involve kayaks. Shown below are a couple of pictures I took while ice fishing for kokanee. And here is a link to a short video I took while using an underwater camera to sight fish for kokanee while ice fishing a couple of weeks ago:

NowhereMan:
Cool!

Plug-n-Jug:

--- Quote from: sandwg on January 06, 2022, 07:53:22 PM ---Is winter kokanee a thing?  Just curious as duck season winds down and we have a few months of quiet in our world.  Last year halibut heated up really fast in Feb though.  I'll probably go any ways but was wondering if folks did have some success. 

Thanks!

Sand

--- End quote ---

Hell yes its a thing! You can catch Kokanee any time of the year.  However, its harder during the spawn months. I'm headed up to Bullards Bar tomorrow for them. Nothing big this time of year. Maybe 9-10" at most, but Bullards is loaded with them and its a 10 fish limit there. Launching at the Dark Day ramp at 9am.

Kevin

sandwg:
Nice to hear!   I am re-rigging my kayak hauler and will take a shot at Bullards in a few weeks.  Thanks for the info. 

And ice fishing.... brrrr.   Lol

Sand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version