General > Craftsmen's Corner

A snap-on/off solution for my Hobie saddles/Yakima bars

(1/3) > >>

Malibu_Two:
I've made a pair of saddles that fit the hull of my TI. I typically strap them to my crossbars using 12" cam straps, but it's annoying to attach and remove them, plus the straps make a ton of noise, rattling against the roof.

I'm trying to think of a quick release solution that I can pop on and off of my 1" Yakima round bars.
Cotter pins (link below) come to mind but I'm not sure they're big enough for the bars plus their flat-two dimentional shape wouldn't work well.

If what I'm describing isn't too confusing, does anyone have any suggestions for some sort of clip that might work for this?
Thanks,
Andrew

https://www.pivotpins.com/products/bs-hair-pin-cotters/HAIR-10-S

Bushy:
Andrew send a picture of where/what you're use and need is.  Helps us visual thinkers.

Allen

Malibu_Two:
Yep sorry, here you go:

This measuring tape has a belt clip that is much smaller than - yet very similar to - what I have in mind.

simplycook:
I have some yakima mako saddles with round bar mounts that I’d be willing to donate if you don’t find an easy solution. 

If you want to stick with DIY, then I’d go with a large D ring or pin. 
How about u-bolts with butterfly nuts?

Malibu_Two:
Well anything that I need to screw on by hand is more or less what I have now. I want something quick and easy.

What are these round bar mounts? Do you have a link or picture?

I appreciate the offer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version