Kayak Zone > Places to Launch and Camp

Barge Canal Access/Deep Water Ship Channel

(1/3) > >>

LastLight:
Hello All,

After a bit of research on Barge Canal Access, I wanted to ask if anyone has brought their PWC, with electric motor through here.  I see the sign(s), and it states "non-motorized boating."  Restricted to any/all motors?  Just wanted to know before packing up the truck and driving up there.

Thanks in advance!

Fishcomb:
I see people bring their aluminum boats with motors all the time out there. They even park their trailers at the lot

Just make sure your boat is registered with a CF number if you have a motor.

LastLight:
Gas motors I presume?  I noticed that in recent pics via Google Maps, the gate is no more, and posts are in the ground, from the parking lot to the launch.  My kayaks are registered and CF numbers are on the bow.  I wanted an alternative if the locks were busy, or fish weren't biting in there.  I don't have a Mirage drive, and the effort will wear this old man out traveling/trolling West to the deep channel area.  Thank you replying, Fishcomb.

Fishcomb:
It's all hand launch at the barge access. You should be fine using your motor there. The only boat launch close by is the lake Washington sail club. You have to be a member to launch there.

LastLight:
Went to the loch first thing and used a laser minnow. Water temp was way too warm.  Caught a couple of largemouth bass and headed out of there.  Made our way out to Lake Washington and pulled up a keeper Striper on an umbrella rig.  My son wanted to make some tacos, so he was happy.  Was a nice day out.  Beware that Cemex plant loading ships with concrete material.  Steady stream of dust in the immediate area as the winds were blowing toward the Southeast.  I put on my mask, and peddled as fast as I could to get through that stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version