Kayak Zone > Kayaks

SOT's for the bigger guys

(1/6) > >>

AlsHobieOutback:
I've not given up on my X-Factor just yet, but was tempted to start looking for a replacement and am not really finding a lot of options that are comparable still to this day to the X-Factor.  The weight, length, width, and capacity seem to be unmatched by other kayak manufacturers.  Although I've lost now around 80lbs, I still feel more comfortable with a max capacity that is at least 100lbs more than me, as I've had that much gear and fish onboard at one time, and the feeling of the kayak was very unstable and not fun at all.

So I'm looking for recommendations on new and old SOT's that would fit the specs:
1) 13ft or longer standard SOT
2) Standard Seat (not a fan of raised seats)
3) ~ 400lb capacity rating
4) Total weight as close to 70LBS or less

I was very tempted to go for FT's T160I, although a little ways off from the weight, that's always been a favorite of mine.
The Eddyline Caribbean 14 is very tempting, although I need to loose another 50lbs to make the capacity difference be 100lbs. 
The Stealth Profisha 525 and 555 looks great on specs, but I'm a bit hesitant as it just doesn't look like much in the way of rigging/storage or comfort.

Any others out there that are worth checking out? 

DavidMel:
Have you looked at the Vibe Sea Ghost 130?  I have the 110 and have not had any problems with it for the last 3 years. 

Dimensions and Specs
Length   13'
Width   33.5"
Capacity   550 pounds
Hull Weight   71 pounds
Fully Loaded Weight   92 pounds

AlsHobieOutback:
Thank you, I'll check that one out!  :smt006

Gollywomper:
Old Town Bigwater 132. Seat has 2 height positions.

SlackedTide:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version