General > Craftsmen's Corner

Gas motor mount for the AI

(1/15) > >>

lucky13:
I finally got some time to put together a gas motor mount for the AI, just in time for chasing salmon. I saw a few designs on the internet, I don't like any of them. I want something that takes very little time to put on and take off. I don't want a whole bunch of extra dead weight or take up too much space. And I want it to be reversible. Most importantly, I don't want to drill a single hole on the kayak.

Here's what I did. When not installed, I can use the Scotty mounts for normal rod holder use. Takes less than a minute to install or take off. Feels very solid, but I need to test it to confirm. I'll let the pictures do the talking. Thanks for looking.

ernest

ps. The piece that goes inside the Scotty is 3D printed.

The green pieces below the aluminum bar are for cushioning the bar so that it won't scratch up the plastic and the Aka mount. 3D printed with flexible TPU filament.

simplycook:
Just curious, now that you've "motorized" your kayak, don't you technically have to register it now?

lucky13:

--- Quote from: SimplyCook on July 01, 2018, 06:52:51 PM ---Just curious, now that you've "motorized" your kayak, don't you technically have to register it now?

--- End quote ---
Yes. I planned on doing so before I can test the motor.

NowhereMan:
Very impressed, and it looks rock solid.

Where did you get those large orange knobs? I could put some of those to good use...

yatzmail@yahoo.com:
Wow sweet setup I like it! Great work!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version