Kayak Fishing Zone > General Fishing Tips

How many of you have 2-rod stamp?

(1/5) > >>

albiec22:
Hi everyone,

Just out of curiosity, how many of us have the 2-rod stamp but hardly take advantage of it? I have a lifetime license along with the lifetime privilege package that includes the 2-rod stamp (wedding present from my wife) and I can probably count on one hand how many times I've actually used 2 rods since 2008. Even while trolling, I find 2 rods just too much to manage. I can see how it might benefit bait fishing (maybe catfish?), but since 99% of my trout fishing is lures or fly, I just don't use it.

Anyone else find the 2-rod stamp not useful?

Jewli0n:
I think I agree with you in a general sense. But I did use mine last weekend drifting a minnow around while also tossing lures. It proved useful in that sense. But, the $18 bucks or whatever you pay for it on an annual basis seems steep, at least for me, considering how seldom I use it.

Mark L:
When I troll for trout I always use two rods. Sometimes the two lines will tangle when I get a fish but I'm used to it. I use two rods for halibut in the ocean (Tomales Bay) as well.

AlsHobieOutback:
When trolling for trout I like to have two rods, and when fishing from the shore two rods can be good for bait fishing or bait fishing and tossing lures.  In the ocean it isn't required, but it's there that I usually only use one rod.  Second is for bait/backup when ocean fishing.

troypearce@gmail.com:
Hi All,
Just got the two rod this year.... most of the time I just use one rod but when kokanee fishing I have used two at different depth with potentially different lures to help me hone in on where and how they like it.  Not sure if I will do it again but ask me after this season.

In the past in the ocean (where you dont need the stamp(i think) I have tangled terribly multiple times when using two rods .  I think I really most times I can only handle one rod.

Troy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version