Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:32:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:11:17 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:31:45 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 01:27:07 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:28:43 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:05:07 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:20:26 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 09:45:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 05:53:58 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 03:16:26 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:51:06 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 07:57:00 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 09:32:50 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 06:57:02 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 03:18:45 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 01:17:52 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: tbay today  (Read 1481 times)

charles

• Salmon
  • turn em. pedals mtb or ocean
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Nice water in the morning. Got a bit breezy for me toward noon. Wind might have lessened by now. One bite. One 23 inch halibut. Felt fortunate in that I saw no other action other than PBs running here then there all over the place. Parking lot was jam full when I left at 11:30 and so was the upper lot.
Charles

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
Thanks for the report....especially the parking lot report.

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

ThreemoneyJ

• Sea Lion
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2014
Thanks for the report Charles! It’s getting to be that time of year where you need to play bumper boats out there while fishing.
-John
Angler Of The Year is currently free!!
NCKA Angler of the year (AOTY)link http://aoty.norcalkayakanglers.com/
NCKA AOTY how to link https://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=62574.0
Send me a message if you want to be signed up for AOTY

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Thanks for the report and parking info Charles.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

charles

• Salmon
  • turn em. pedals mtb or ocean
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Let me add to what John implied about bumper boats. I come back to my launch spot and what do I see but a car, I think Prius, right behind my van double parked. I load my Adventure from the rear and slide it onto my kayak racks. No room for that now. Then I see the Marin Park ranger and complain and she tells me bad cell service so cannot get in touch with "higher" authorities. I tell her all you need to do  is write a note, signed Park Service, not to park behind someone. She goes off somewhere and because I am in the last slot decide to back up a bit and angle the van so I can load the yak which I do. As I am driving away I realize I should have simply lifted the rear of my sandy, gritty yak and placed it on the obstructing car's hood then made a lift and slide movement to get the yak on my van roof. Wish I had thought of that right away.
So.. without checking wind forecast I left the house  all loaded this morning, running later than usual, 6:30, and wondering if I can find a spot. Lots and lots of spots. Good.  Park in my usual spot but only drive in far enough to clear the lines leaving no room for a "park behind you, fiasco. As I'm close to getting ready to roll to the water I look for the drive. Not there. GD it! Forgot it again. From now on I will lash it to my rod/reel in garage so I can't miss it. All right. I'm here. Give it a shot so paddle for south end of Hog figuring a long drift with the outgoing and maybe drift back with incoming. Get to 16 feet and make a drop. Breeze is picking up. Drift but not for long till I am pushed too close to Hog, eel grass, and bat ray land. Paddle some more and drop again and get the bite and some line going off the reel but the head shakes are very rapid and light and sure enough a shorty. Release it. Try some more but it's beginning to be an exercise in futility. Would have tried longer with the pedal drive being able to maintain position and control drift better but enough is enough. Parking lot still has mostly open slots. Home.
Charles

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Thanks Charles, your reports are helpful :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

fishbushing

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018
I always park backwards and leave just enough space for me to load my kayak between the car and the hill side. This way no one tries to double park and block me. Once someone still managed to squeeze in but no problem I can just pull forward/out to load my kayak.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 12:57:53 PM by fishbushing »
-Jason

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2022
Why are folks so F%%&ed,
Parking someone in at a public parking area???
Happened to me and my dad once..... he is a real hot head but also takes care of things quickly and efficiently.
He had his tools and this was 25 years ago when most cars were rear wheel drive..... he removed the driveshaft and we pushed the car out of the "spot" moved out and pushed the car back into the spot with the driveshaft and the bolts and nuts on his hood.....

Hopefully the idiot learned a lesson but likely did not have the tools and maybe the know how to fix it.... oh well.

Troy

WillFo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
Why are folks so F%%&ed,
Parking someone in at a public parking area???
Happened to me and my dad once..... he is a real hot head but also takes care of things quickly and efficiently.
He had his tools and this was 25 years ago when most cars were rear wheel drive..... he removed the driveshaft and we pushed the car out of the "spot" moved out and pushed the car back into the spot with the driveshaft and the bolts and nuts on his hood.....

Hopefully the idiot learned a lesson but likely did not have the tools and maybe the know how to fix it.... oh well.

Troy

I like your dad's way of thinking.

anything