Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:55:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:56:45 AM]

[Today at 11:27:53 AM]

[Today at 10:35:51 AM]

[Today at 08:50:40 AM]

[Today at 07:58:50 AM]

[Today at 07:40:24 AM]

[Today at 07:36:25 AM]

[May 20, 2024, 10:59:06 PM]

[May 20, 2024, 09:14:25 PM]

[May 20, 2024, 05:46:39 PM]

[May 20, 2024, 04:11:20 PM]

[May 20, 2024, 09:05:07 AM]

[May 19, 2024, 10:38:11 PM]

[May 19, 2024, 10:21:04 AM]

by Clb
[May 19, 2024, 09:23:49 AM]

[May 19, 2024, 07:12:15 AM]

[May 18, 2024, 07:33:15 PM]

[May 18, 2024, 07:29:46 PM]

[May 18, 2024, 04:56:39 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Crab fest 2023(or hang and chill)  (Read 9239 times)

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Forecast off. Beautiful day. Found these two homeless guys who said the would work for beer.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 07:31:15 PM by Bulldog---Alex »
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
So great to see y'all tonight.  Super mega hospitality and ono grinds to da max!  Aloha1 :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
So great to see y'all tonight.  Super mega hospitality and ono grinds to da max!  Aloha1 :smt006

Good to see you for a hot minute last night, Eddie!

Wish I coulda made it out a bit sooner.

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016

Good to see you for a hot minute last night, Eddie!

Wish I coulda made it out a bit sooner.
Thanks brah!  We'll ketchup at the Tomales chill... :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

hungers

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2020
apologies for not meeting up with anyone.  The wind was extra crazy this weekend and ended up renting an AirBnB.  The crabbing was excellent though.  Me (green kayak) and a couple buddies (paddle boards) got on the water around 9:30 and crabbed near the jetty.  We ended up with 24 large crabs (all over 6') with many jumbos by 12:30 and the wind beginning to rise.  Overall Saturday was an excellent day but was happy to have a house to hide from the wind afterwards. 

bbt95762

• Sea Lion
  • fresh and saltwater
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2021
apologies for not meeting up with anyone.  The wind was extra crazy this weekend and ended up renting an AirBnB.  The crabbing was excellent though.  Me (green kayak) and a couple buddies (paddle boards) got on the water around 9:30 and crabbed near the jetty.  We ended up with 24 large crabs (all over 6') with many jumbos by 12:30 and the wind beginning to rise.  Overall Saturday was an excellent day but was happy to have a house to hide from the wind afterwards.

congrats! sounds like you did well - yah, the wind got crazy

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Was a great weekend for crabbing and chilling! The wind was up and down, but plenty enough down to get out and harvest some crabs.  My plan worked out well to get there early Friday and head out for crab, leaving my house at 4:00am arriving at Doran around 6:30am and on the water about 8 I headed out to around the middle of the bay and dropped my three rings going deeper each drop in a line towards the golf course and my large danielson pot at the end of the string.  My first time running through the gear in the three hoops I had 2 keepers per pull!  Having 6 already on deck I wanted to wait to pull the pot, so I did another run through the hoops with a short soak, but got nothing but shorts and rock crab this time.  Finally decided to pull the pot and it had 6 keepers in it  :smt007  So technically got an over limit in a single run of my gear  :smt003  I packed up the pot and upgraded a few of my smaller crab to jumbos. 

I emptied all my bait cages into the crab trap bait cage and filled it to the top and left it overnight in hopes for another easy pull of crabs the next day.  Wind came up a bit just as I launched which made it hard to find my buoy among the wind waves, but eventually I found it and pulled it up.  Nothing... not a thing, not even a single bit of bait in it.  At the time I figured I was poached, but speaking with Spike and looking at my pot I think that it could have been a willy sealion that got into my bait cage if they were persistant.  Will re-enforce the bungee lock the next time I use it.

Chilled with the OG's, well we are all old guys now it seems  :smt005  Was fun to run into fun familiar faces and exchange the tales of the day and show off my limit of crab  :smt004  Spike gave me and Dr. H. some fresh octopus, and Alex busted out some bluefin sashimi and we grilled up some of that octopus and ate crab and all kinds of good stuff.  It was a great time, thanks for all that made it! 
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Oh I also lost my werner paddle while out there crabbing.  Didn't put it in the paddle keeper and dont know when I dropped it off the ama while tossing my pots overboard in the fog.  Since I ran into Spike he loaned me a paddle for the next day, what a guy!  If by chance any one found a werner carbon paddle with white blades and a a couple other things on it that would be identifiable I'd buy it back from you for sure  :smt002
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

P-Sherman

• Sea Lion
  • I'm a p-sherman. Born to pish, porced to work.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013

Great meeting you (again), Hungers. Hope you guys liked the tacos. :)
The dungie put a big smile on my daughters face. LOL! Thanks, Hungers!

It was a slow day for me and my daughter with only 3 keeper dungies and over 15 rocks.

Btw, I had assisted in a minor rescue (won't mention his name  :smt003) who fell over trying to reach for a hitchhiker while puling his trap.
I was pedalling away when he fell over so it was good thing I looked back and saw his kayak drifting away. So I rushed over to bring his kayak back to him. I'm so glad he had a step strap ready in his kayak and I didn't have to use mine. He just needed some extra pull and hold the kayak down for him. He had a drysuit so he wasn't too cold. Good thing it happened around 1pm so we were all heading back anyway. I'm just glad he was safe.

Nice to see everyone.

John da P-Sherman
2015 Hobie Revolution 13 - Blue
Hurricane Skimmer 140 - Red