Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:55:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:51:22 AM]

[Today at 08:08:50 AM]

[Today at 07:24:38 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:26:01 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:53:15 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:54:40 PM]

by jp52
[April 18, 2024, 02:25:47 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 02:15:59 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 01:10:11 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 11:10:06 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:46:32 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:43:09 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 09:32:03 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: ...pulled the trigger  (Read 5213 times)

SandyToes

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2020
I'm starting to think about a new or newer yak, for those that like them want to sell me on the stealth?  I have a paddle yak and was thinking pedal for the next one as hands free sounds nice, but I don't really mind paddling most of the time...

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2018
That's not a 460 picture, it's a Fusion 480. Also, the green is a different shade for fiberglass boats, not as bright. Here's a couple of instagram link to a green 460s. Instagram color filters are a bit wonky, but these pics are fairly accurate.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAG0nxtAy14/ 
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVd4xodgKwF/

This  :smt044
Dang, where'd you get that pic?  Will look great with the bloody contrast... :smt007 :smt006

searched like crazy , not even sure its a 460 .

That’s going to be a nice rig!

and I`ll still suck at halibut ..LOL

I thought it maybe the case only thing i could find for a reference. I`m still cool with the shade of green , thanks
I think you can get the new darker green on the fiberglass models. When I ordered mine, I originally wanted the lighter green, but Brett thought the darker would look better. He was right. Stoked for you. Gonna be one sweet ride!
A jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other end.

WillFo

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2015
I'm starting to think about a new or newer yak, for those that like them want to sell me on the stealth?  I have a paddle yak and was thinking pedal for the next one as hands free sounds nice, but I don't really mind paddling most of the time...

I tend to roll my eyes when people describe inanimate objects as "sexy", but Stealth kayaks? Damn! It's like a needle, so long, thin, and sleek. But what really sold me what when I fished with a guy at TC who paddled half the strokes and went twice as fast as my Trident, and then picked up his Stealth at the beach in with one hand, and carried it to the loading area like a suitcase. I have some overuse injuries that sometimes limit my ability to paddle, but if I ever manage to rehab them, I am getting a stealth. They are the fishing kayak version of a Ferrari, but like 1% of the price. Until then, a Revo is pretty sweet though.

WillFo

• Salmon
  • View Profile

I tend to roll my eyes when people describe inanimate objects as "sexy", but Stealth kayaks? Damn! It's like a needle, so long, thin, and sleek. But what really sold me what when I fished with a guy at TC who paddled half the strokes and went twice as fast as my Trident, and then picked up his Stealth at the beach in with one hand, and carried it to the loading area like a suitcase. I have some overuse injuries that sometimes limit my ability to paddle, but if I ever manage to rehab them, I am getting a stealth. They are the fishing kayak version of a Ferrari, but like 1% of the price. Until then, a Revo is pretty sweet though.

If you get a Stealth , remind your wife that I did not encourage you..she specifically stated that I not  and I quote " No ,do not encourage him " My basset hound Charlie was a witness , he could be easily bribed with a snack if need to forget  the conversation.

:smt005

The rule is that I built a kayak rack with 4 slots, and it holds 4 kayaks. It can only hold 4 kayaks, never more that 4. Less is ok. So all that needs to happen is that one kayak needs to go away, and we're all good.

WillFo

• Salmon
  • View Profile

If you get a Stealth , remind your wife that I did not encourage you..she specifically stated that I not  and I quote " No ,do not encourage him " My basset hound Charlie was a witness , he could be easily bribed with a snack if need to forget  the conversation.

:smt005

The rule is that I built a kayak rack with 4 slots, and it holds 4 kayaks. It can only hold 4 kayaks, never more that 4. Less is ok. So all that needs to happen is that one kayak needs to go away, and we're all good.

problem solved  :smt044

Sorry, the Eddyline isn't for sale.  :smt003

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
You are joining the Stealth Tribe soon?  :smt006

-Kiel

He'll be waiting impatiently until "mid-summer" is the word. I know I'd be super excited about it!

Mostly windy till then anyway. Maybe a good time for me to unload the Revo and Eddyline and put in my Stealth order.
I double dog dare ya’ :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

ReelKnots

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Never leave FISH to find FISH.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005

-Kiel

fishkraft says probably mid summer , which is fine .I'm working on the house and getting a few charters in.  :smt044

Nice,  if you want to get out to Sonoma Coast someday? Let me know, you can test drive my 495 Evolution.  :smt006

-Kiel
ARW King Of The Wall 2019
1st Place - Albion Open 2009
OK Trident 13 ( My Trophy )
495 Stealth Evolution
Hobie Revo 13

In Loving Memory of Joel " Mooch " Lotilla.

WillFo

• Salmon
  • View Profile

-Kiel

He'll be waiting impatiently until "mid-summer" is the word. I know I'd be super excited about it!

Mostly windy till then anyway. Maybe a good time for me to unload the Revo and Eddyline and put in my Stealth order.
I double dog dare ya’ :smt006

Oh man ....double dog dare ?!

I know right? Now I HAVE to do it.

Squidder K

• On the 7th day God created fishing!
  • Sea Lion
  • Old Squidder's never die!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008

Depends on you and your style of fishing.  I really wanted something that was a Kayak, not a bass boat with a paddle.  IMHO if you can't lift it, it is not a kayak anymore.  The Blue Sky Boat Works 360 Angler weighs in 170 lbs without anything. Put that on the roof of your car if you dare.  My 55 comes in at around 50-56lbs with FF and seat, and I think that is heavy.   More so when GF's rec touring yak weigh in at 40 lbs. If I had the skill set to land fish on that skinny 23 inch wide yak I would switch. But I don't have that skill set.

There are advantages to peddling, no argument there.  They are great till they break, than your another slug paddler.

Kevin Storm
"A bad day fishing, still beats a good day of work!"
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans"
Patriots Fan since 1967
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=field+artillery+song

SandyToes

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2020
Yeah I agree on weight, if I went pedal next I wouldn't go heavier / wider than a revo 13.  My cobra is in the 70 lb range I think?  I can carry it over my head but I would love for it to be lighter.  A lot of places I like to fish have stairs or goat trails where carrying is necessary.  What model is that you have that is 50ish lbs?  That sounds pretty great.  And while I like the idea of having my hands free, I don't mind paddling one bit...

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
Yeah I agree on weight, if I went pedal next I wouldn't go heavier / wider than a revo 13.  My cobra is in the 70 lb range I think?  I can carry it over my head but I would love for it to be lighter.  A lot of places I like to fish have stairs or goat trails where carrying is necessary.  What model is that you have that is 50ish lbs?  That sounds pretty great.  And while I like the idea of having my hands free, I don't mind paddling one bit...

I`m a fan of both Stealth (Now that I bought one LOL ) and Eddyline for weight. My goal is to get another along with my Fisha 460. ( if the wife says i can ..LOL) They`re both fast and depending on the model of Eddy the C-12 / C-12 Angler @ 45# unrigged or C-14  @ 50 # unrigged

and of course price difference ,location with Eddy in Washington state as opposed to Soowth Aeffreeka ( trying to do the accent ) LOL

IDK ,you can go wrong with either kayak for paddler ...wtf do I know  LOL

Nice handle change!

"Italian Castagnole - Dough Balls - are a delicious sweet treat, soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside."

:smt044  :smt044  :smt044  :smt044  :smt044  :smt044  :smt044  :smt044  :smt044
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2018

I`m a fan of both Stealth (Now that I bought one LOL ) and Eddyline for weight. My goal is to get another along with my Fisha 460. ( if the wife says i can ..LOL) They`re both fast and depending on the model of Eddy the C-12 / C-12 Angler @ 45# unrigged or C-14  @ 50 # unrigged

and of course price difference ,location with Eddy in Washington state as opposed to Soowth Aeffreeka ( trying to do the accent ) LOL

IDK ,you can go wrong with either kayak for paddler ...wtf do I know  LOL
I have an Eddyline Sandpiper and a Stealth 525. The Eddy is a great lil yak. Very light but not the fastest model of eddylines. My girlfriend loves it. The Stealth is an entirely different beast. It's fairly light at around 55-60#. Not bad for a 17'boat. It's a dream to paddle. Just glides. Not saying it's better than any other kayak but it's pretty amazing. A touring kayak would probably be a better paddle but for fishing it's primo. Oh yeah i also have an Hobie Revo. Love it but the Stealth is definitely easier to manage (at 17' too) and I'm having more fun on it. No knock on hobies though. Does kinda feel like a barge now....
A jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other end.