Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:48:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:06:38 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 11:58:24 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 09:24:28 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 07:49:41 PM]

[April 22, 2024, 06:24:32 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 05:23:36 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 04:53:56 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:27:22 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:37:51 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:28:42 PM]

[April 20, 2024, 09:08:36 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 08:41:07 AM]

[April 20, 2024, 07:12:18 AM]

[April 19, 2024, 10:54:38 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 10:40:43 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: putting ON a dry-suit is a really good time.  (Read 1961 times)

DarthBaiter

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2018
wow.  i actually watched a video!!

Burping it at the end was awesome.  the rest, was somewhat awkward.  i need shorter arms!  i believe i will need to pack a folding chair when i winter fish. 

at one point, i had a leg in an arm sleeve.  hahhaha..

getting out of it was tougher than putting it on.  i assume it gets easier when the latex collar loosens up a bit?

olseng2002

• Salmon
  • 2020 Pro Angler 14
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2019
Dilute Hair conditioner and lubricate to assist in putting on the suit. Easily rinses off.

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
A couple pointers;
1. Legs and feet first
2. Arms next
3. Finally head
4. Make sure the big zipper is all the way open!
5. Make sure the waist cinch drawstring is also all the way extended
6. Take off your wrist watch and put back on AFTER you put your hands through the wrist gaskets.
7. Sudden urge to push; Work really quick first zipper, then head, then hands, then push down to below waist. 
8. Sudden urge to pee; don't forget there's a waist level zipper.
9. Launch and pee pee gets really wet and cold; don't forget there's a waist level zipper. 
10.  Check that zipper for all the way closed.  Even a tiny bit open will result in 'shrinkage'....

DarthBaiter

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Solid advice about taking off my wrist watch.

tedski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
Some will say this is TMI, but hey... we're all human.

Also keep in mind that any smells you create inside your dry suit will remain when you take it off, if ya know what I mean.  When I wore a dry suit for 8-10 hrs per day, it was inevitable that a fart or two were stored inside.  It became common practice to pull open a wrist seal and do a quick squat to vent before taking the suit off for the day.  It sure beat opening the chest zipper and having it waft right up into your face. 
Hobie Passport 12
Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13
Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

DarthBaiter

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Also keep in mind that any smells you create inside your dry suit will remain when you take it off, if ya know what I mean.  When I wore a dry suit for 8-10 hrs per day, it was inevitable that a fart or two were stored inside.  It became common practice to pull open a wrist seal and do a quick squat to vent before taking the suit off for the day.  It sure beat opening the chest zipper and having it waft right up into your face.

Okay.  That’s even better than the wristwatch tip.  Maybe I should rethink my all-grain-bran bagel with refried bean spread - for breakfast? :)

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
waist zipper works well when you gotta toot. 

I don't burp my dry suit, I figure it provides more buoyancy if I happen to go overboard.  The higher I can keep my head out of the water, the easier to climb back aboard. 

tedski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015

Okay.  That’s even better than the wristwatch tip.  Maybe I should rethink my all-grain-bran bagel with refried bean spread - for breakfast? :)

Military humor can be rather crass, but a common practice was to not change your diet, but instead store a few farts in the drysuit and then aim the cuff at someone who was stuck at the helm or somewhere else they couldn't easily vacate.  A quick purge and evacuation left them sitting alone.  I know, I know... terrible "friends."
Hobie Passport 12
Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13
Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
I have a Kokatat semi-drysuit/paddling suit that zips apart around the waist. It’s super-easy to put on and take off, and the zipper acts as a decent relief valve too. I’m surprised more of them are not made that way...
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

anything