Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:29:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jp52
[Today at 02:25:47 PM]

[Today at 02:15:59 PM]

[Today at 01:10:11 PM]

[Today at 11:10:06 AM]

[Today at 10:04:01 AM]

[Today at 09:46:32 AM]

[Today at 09:43:09 AM]

[Today at 09:32:03 AM]

[Today at 06:51:56 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:47:56 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 10:07:55 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 07:24:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:09:58 PM]

by Clb
[April 17, 2024, 05:19:05 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:41:56 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 05:41:52 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:34:12 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 04:12:33 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 02:05:51 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 01:19:27 PM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:43:54 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 09:22:18 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 12:32:58 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:38:53 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 10:28:01 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 04:54:29 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Current Native Watercraft Models as of February 2018 - What a Lineup!  (Read 7297 times)

bmb

• Please unsubscribe me from the
  • AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I also used to use the yakima ez loader.  It worked similarly, but I'd be transporting upside down.  So that way I'd be leaning the kayak against the car upside-down so the rudder wasn't actually touching the ground.

Mojo Jojo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
I load mine on a trailer one on either side... I’ll try to explain it... wish me luck!
 I put them up stern first at an angle on the back trailer bar angled away from the trailer right side up (bow on the ground or a rubber gym mat) walk to the bow and lift up and line it up to the trailer so it’s sitting on both bars. Then position it and roll it on the bars so it’s on it’s gunwal.
 There is an aftermarket rudder kit that lets the rudder turn farther then stock, and on the older ones I have you can stern place it with the rudder all the way to one side.

2013 Jackson Big Tuna.........Ours
2011 Native Mariner Propel 12.5...His
2015 Native Slayer Propel 13.......Hers
20?? Emotion ,Sparky.....7 yr old grandson's
Event Coordinator
Heroes On the Water
North Oregon Coast Chapter
Team C.O.D. FISHING (Crazy Old Dudes)just for forum fun challenges

Mojo Jojo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Re-cap boat next to trailer about where it sits when up there,  stern up first then bow, then roll

Event Coordinator
Heroes On the Water

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
Thanks for the great info. I am considering a Native pedal drive, but the rudder seems like a problem because of the way I get it on top of my car. Sometimes I have to lean my kayak up on the car so that it is resting on the stern and then lift the stern and push it onto the roof. If I did that with a Native it seems like all the weight would be on the rudder. Will this break the rudder over time?
JP, feel free to contact me if you ever want to take my kayak(s) out for a spin.  You're relatively local so it should be easy.  Plenty of lakes close by.

Ben

Mojo Jojo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Thanks for the great info. I am considering a Native pedal drive, but the rudder seems like a problem because of the way I get it on top of my car. Sometimes I have to lean my kayak up on the car so that it is resting on the stern and then lift the stern and push it onto the roof. If I did that with a Native it seems like all the weight would be on the rudder. Will this break the rudder over time?
JP, feel free to contact me if you ever want to take my kayak(s) out for a spin.  You're relatively local so it should be easy.  Plenty of lakes close by.

Ben
Same offer here but one hell of drive to Tillamook Oregon  :smt044

Event Coordinator
Heroes On the Water

jp52

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2017

Ben
Same offer here but one hell of drive to Tillamook Oregon  :smt044

Ben, Thanks for the tips and offer to test one out. I just might take you up in that when I'm close to pulling the trigger.

Mojo, I might be in Coos Bay for Thanksgiving, but its still a long drive to Tillamook  :smt002

John

bmb

• AOTY Committee
  • View Profile
Are you a fan of the Manta Ray 12 Angler? Looking for a pedal kayak in the $2k range, mainly used in saltwater but nothing too serious.  Thinking about this one or something like the Topwater PDL.  Thoughts?
Was just on Facebook a little while ago.  Looks like someone purchased the OT Topwater and decided it wasn't the right fit for him, so he traded it in to Headwaters for a Native Titan 10.5.  That means that Headwaters probably has both boats right now until Dan sells off that Topwater.  Good chance to try and see them in person and maybe (?) demo them. 

RDods

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018
Are you a fan of the Manta Ray 12 Angler? Looking for a pedal kayak in the $2k range, mainly used in saltwater but nothing too serious.  Thinking about this one or something like the Topwater PDL.  Thoughts?
Was just on Facebook a little while ago.  Looks like someone purchased the OT Topwater and decided it wasn't the right fit for him, so he traded it in to Headwaters for a Native Titan 10.5.  That means that Headwaters probably has both boats right now until Dan sells off that Topwater.  Good chance to try and see them in person and maybe (?) demo them.

Looked up Headwater, little bit of a drive I need to find time for.  I think between them, Kayak City in Sac, and the Stockton shop that was recommended, I need to call and find out who has what because these websites aren't reliable.  I'm guessing the place in Stockton is Kayak City as well?

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016

Looked up Headwater, little bit of a drive I need to find time for.  I think between them, Kayak City in Sac, and the Stockton shop that was recommended, I need to call and find out who has what because these websites aren't reliable.  I'm guessing the place in Stockton is Kayak City as well?
Clavey in Petaluma has kayaks
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm