Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:44:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:09:54 PM]

[Today at 09:13:28 PM]

[Today at 03:03:07 PM]

[Today at 10:34:13 AM]

[Today at 08:03:44 AM]

[May 01, 2024, 09:06:36 AM]

[April 30, 2024, 09:10:03 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 06:36:16 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 03:32:29 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 02:15:19 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 10:36:12 AM]

[April 30, 2024, 09:08:11 AM]

[April 29, 2024, 09:16:05 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 07:01:31 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 01:56:07 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:31:45 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: New benefits for Vets and Gold Star Families coming soon  (Read 6882 times)

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Home Depot did not give me the veterans discount today. Clerk showed the computer display to me.

Fish 'n Brew

• Sea Lion
  • Martin
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
I didn't get it the last time I was there, several months ago.  The clerk indicated I would get it but the receipt revealed that I didn't.  It wasn't enough to complain about so I just let it go.  I wonder what their corporate website says???

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
I posted on the Home Depot FB page. They apparently hid or deleted my comment regarding no discount.

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Their policy was vet discount on regularly priced items.  Was the item on sale?  They don't stack the Vet discount on top of other discounts. 

tedski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
Home Depot did not give me the veterans discount today. Clerk showed the computer display to me.

This has been my experience every time.  I was never able to find anything on their corporate site that showed a discount, either.  I was told they only do the Vets discount on certain holidays.  I haven't pushed very hard for it, either.  I have a hard time asking a store employee to investigate something I can't even find when there's a line of customers behind me.  What I should do is go to the customer service desk and ask for clarification there from a manager, but I've admittedly been too lazy to do that.
Hobie Passport 12
Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13
Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
I keep records of my Home Depot purchases for tax purposes.  So far, year-to-date, I've saved over $240 by using my vet discount.  I'm very glad that the Placerville, Folsom Home Depots allow the discount.  I just show them my VA issued picture ID and they thank me for my service and give me the discount.  Even self check out; just ask the attendant and she will add it in. 
I would most certainly talk to the customer service department and at least find out why there seems to be a difference between stores.  I'd probably follow up with a corporate headquarters if the local store doesn't provide a sufficient response.  Think of it this way; you are doing your fellow vet the honor of helping him or her get their discount even if it doesn't matter to you so much. 
BTW, our Home Depot even has Vet preferred parking.  I don't use it, but it's a nice gesture to mark that spot and as a sign of honor and respect for vets.   

tedski

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
I keep records of my Home Depot purchases for tax purposes.  So far, year-to-date, I've saved over $240 by using my vet discount.  I'm very glad that the Placerville, Folsom Home Depots allow the discount.  I just show them my VA issued picture ID and they thank me for my service and give me the discount.  Even self check out; just ask the attendant and she will add it in. 
I would most certainly talk to the customer service department and at least find out why there seems to be a difference between stores.  I'd probably follow up with a corporate headquarters if the local store doesn't provide a sufficient response.  Think of it this way; you are doing your fellow vet the honor of helping him or her get their discount even if it doesn't matter to you so much. 
BTW, our Home Depot even has Vet preferred parking.  I don't use it, but it's a nice gesture to mark that spot and as a sign of honor and respect for vets.

You're totally right... it's pure laziness on my part.  Next time I'm in Home Depot, I'll head over to the customer service desk and ask for clarification.  There are a few store employees who are vets, too, so I could ask them to help.  I'll do it for my fellow veterans.
Hobie Passport 12
Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13
Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
No issue  until yesterday. Items were not sale items.

• View Profile transitionsfromwar.com
  • Date Registered: Apr 2021
I have my California State Pass and National Parks pass as a disabled vet and they are great.

By the way, if anyone has veteran benefit or therapy related questions, PM me. I am the director of the North Bay VA Vet Center. I mainly do therapy for vets, but I know a little bit about benefits and can connect you to the right people for what I don't know.
‘22 Hobie Mirage Compass- Papaya
Marine Corps Veteran

anything