Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:42:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jp52
[Today at 09:42:36 AM]

[May 10, 2024, 10:34:49 PM]

[May 10, 2024, 09:50:31 PM]

[May 10, 2024, 08:04:41 PM]

[May 10, 2024, 07:53:03 PM]

[May 10, 2024, 06:11:15 PM]

[May 10, 2024, 04:13:44 PM]

[May 10, 2024, 03:35:39 PM]

by capo
[May 10, 2024, 12:49:47 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 01:04:03 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 10:15:40 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:12:28 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 07:35:53 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 06:46:52 AM]

[May 08, 2024, 04:58:49 PM]

[May 08, 2024, 12:29:15 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Albion Update  (Read 1449 times)

Fish 'n Brew

• Sea Lion
  • Martin
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2008
In the interest of fairness, an update regarding the Albion Campground:  I booked a site today with Steven, the new and current manager of the Albion Campground.  Steven was polite and professional and very positive about what can be expected when staying there.  There are rules that some may find restrictive but none that seem unreasonable to me.  It's not going to be a place for late night parties or rowdy behavior but it appears that it will again be a great place to spend a few days at the coast.  The rules are posted on their web page.  I highly recommend that you read them before making a decision to stay there.  The manager who was there last year has moved on.  Rates and fees have changed but all are posted.  I'll be there the second week in August and hope to see some of my old NCKA friends there.  All I need now is some decent RF regs from DFW.  Hopefully the 50 fathoms restriction will be lifted.

Martin

JoeDubC

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2020
I camped and fished there last summer and it seemed plenty lively for me, with lots of people drinking and talking around campfire. It didn’t feel oppressive in the least. There was even a late night drunken argument/fight at 1:30am. I really don’t need karaoke in my camping/fishing experience. I’m looking forward to fishing it again this summer.
Hobie i9
'21 Hobie Outback Papaya

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
"No Boat or Kayak launch before 8:00am or after 9pm, to ensure quiet time for all guests."  :smt011
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

JoeDubC

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2020
"No Boat or Kayak launch before 8:00am or after 9pm, to ensure quiet time for all guests."  :smt011
I did not see any enforcement of that, at least not for kayaks. I think as long as your are relatively quiet, there is no issue.
Hobie i9
'21 Hobie Outback Papaya

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
It does look like a comparison of last years rules to this years that they softened the wording a bit, but still keeping a lot of it just not sounding as harsh about it.  Nice that they removed the 6months out reservation cap.  Quiet hours are fine, but I wonder who made so much noise  launching in the morning that  they had to ban launching before 8am. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 12:34:38 PM by AlsHobieOutback »
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
Hey on the bright side ,  there is nothing about fireworks  :smt001

Nobody want fireworks more than me. They are illegal throughout Mendocino County without a Fire Authority permit. Don’t pull Jack’s chain!  :smt005
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 06:10:08 PM by Fisherman X »
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Hey on the bright side ,  there is nothing about fireworks  :smt001

Nobody want fireworks more than me. They are illegal throughout Mendocino County without a Fire Authority permit. Don’t pull Jack’s chain!  :smt005

i have no idea what you mean or who that is....er.....yeah thats it :smt003
Joel ><>

paddler

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017
A little know fact about Albion River access is that non-paying access is mandated by California Coastal Act Section 30212. In 2006 Albion River Campground applied for a coastal development permit and the agency made this requirement on approval of the Campground's application 1-97-077-A3 filed Jan. 06. 2006.
"As noted above, the project will not adversely affect public access, and the State Lands lease stipulates that access shall be provided to and through the leased area for the general public, including non-paying visitors, from both the river and across the Lessee's upland to assure public access from the first public road to the river and from the river to the first public road."
The first public (Mendocino County) road is the switchback entrance to the campground which ends at "End of County Road" sign. While parking is non-existent, the County still maintains right of way easements on both sides of the pavement.
This means you could drop off your gear at the end of the road, any time you like without a fee, and carry it a few yards to the north end of the pond (State owned waters) and launch. Of course, tying up to a dock without paying would probably constitute trespassing.

The satisfaction you get from doing a good deed is like pissing in your wetsuit...it gives you a warm feeling inside but nobody else gives a shit.

SOMA

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Last season Dennis allowed boats/kayaks to be launched before 8 a.m. if a registered guest.  We'll have to see if Steven will adopt that policy.

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Vic, a buddy of mine and his wife made that one. That was at a convention in AZ. 16” shell, 74 pounds without the lift material. The tubes we use to launch those are buried in the ground using a backhoe.

We used to day-use there at Albion and launch much earlier than 8 am. Self-register, pay launch fee, nobody had an issue w it.
Joel ><>

paddler

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017
Last season Dennis allowed boats/kayaks to be launched before 8 a.m. if a registered guest.  We'll have to see if Steven will adopt that policy.

Steven is the temporary winter manager who is scheduled to be replaced by another new manager beginning March. Hold your breath...the next one could be worse than Dennis who only lasted 8 months.
The satisfaction you get from doing a good deed is like pissing in your wetsuit...it gives you a warm feeling inside but nobody else gives a shit.

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Wow. Wonder why they are running through so many managers?

Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

kayakjack

• Sea Lion
  • kayakjack
  • View Profile
Wow. Wonder why they are running through so many managers?

They seem to have a knack for hiring assholes with small penis syndrome.

Hojoman

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007

Steven is the temporary winter manager who is scheduled to be replaced by another new manager beginning March. Hold your breath...the next one could be worse than Dennis who only lasted 8 months.
Seeing is believing. Only time will tell if Dennis returns or not.