Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:34:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:25:48 PM]

[Today at 05:21:33 PM]

[Today at 05:21:23 PM]

[Today at 05:13:55 PM]

[Today at 03:41:52 PM]

[Today at 02:41:39 PM]

[Today at 11:16:20 AM]

[Today at 09:54:38 AM]

[Today at 09:10:22 AM]

[Today at 08:22:51 AM]

[Today at 07:15:26 AM]

[May 03, 2024, 09:53:25 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 03:08:35 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 02:48:07 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 09:34:21 AM]

[May 03, 2024, 08:13:57 AM]

[May 02, 2024, 09:13:28 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel for sale in Petaluma(ish)  (Read 1032 times)

• View Profile Sonoma County Advertising
  • Date Registered: Nov 2010

MANBEARPIG

• Half Man, Half Bear, Half Pig: Im super cereal!!!
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Man, if it was a few years older I might be all over it!  Cool truck, but no p pump!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas Edison

Yeah I feel ya.  The 12 valve is a better engine, especially with the mechanical pump.  I'm surprised how nice this one is though, I just don't need it!

MANBEARPIG

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Just put smaller tires on it and bump the timing to 16 degrees.  You'll be getting 17-18 mpg and nothing else will tow your boat and get that good of mileage.  Unless you need the cash, think about the the smiles per gallon!  I love my 12 valve!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas Edison

Yeah, those engines are impressive!  I preferred my Liberty CRD though.  Got 27mpg towing my big ass camper trailer once.  It blew a head gasket and I don't want to fix the damn thing so I'm selling both and getting a 4runner with a Japanese 1kz-te diesel engine in it...  Plenty to tow the boat, plus it gets over 30mpg.

MANBEARPIG

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Yeah, those engines are impressive!  I preferred my Liberty CRD though.  Got 27mpg towing my big ass camper trailer once.  It blew a head gasket and I don't want to fix the damn thing so I'm selling both and getting a 4runner with a Japanese 1kz-te diesel engine in it...  Plenty to tow the boat, plus it gets over 30mpg.

:smt007  :smt007

How do you get that legal in California?  Diesel 4runner sounds legit.

Haha!  Yeah it should be fun!  The jeep was already registered here so that was easy.  I'm picking the 4runner up in Oregon so it might be a different story but we'll see.  It's pre-97' and legally registered as a diesel vehicle on the title, so it should be a simple out of state transfer...

MANBEARPIG

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
That's awesome to find a pre smog registered diesel 4runner.  Did they ever sell those in america?  Canada truck?

Nope, never sold in the US.  I believe the only markets were Japan, Australia, and new zealand.  Back when it was made it was called the "Hilux Surf" but they were only right hand drive.  This one is an engine swap from the same japanese model into an american truck.  It'll definitely be an interesting project learning to work on it.

anything