Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:02:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 11:50:57 AM]

[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

[Today at 11:22:14 AM]

[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:25:42 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:05:39 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 04:18:57 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 12:35:34 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 07:45:07 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 06:19:03 PM]

[March 26, 2024, 05:47:06 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Scales in my Nails October Challenge  (Read 2655 times)

AnnieAreYouOk

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
Scales in my Nails Fishing Challenge
October 1st-October 31st

:fishing1

As we get ready for October in one of the strangest years to date, I thought it might be fun to turn my canceled fishing tournament into a virtual challenge aimed at getting more ladies on the water. I also thought it would be fun to get guys to go out and dress up like girls and go fishing. I'm proud to introduce to you a month long virtual challenge! More details below and see website for most up-to-date information.

https://annienagel818.wixsite.com/scalesinmynails

This challenge will run on the iAngler platform. You will enter one photo per fish in one of the three categories: Females, Males, and Skunked! See below for more details about the categories. That one photo must show the challenges you've attempted (pink for breast cancer awareness, bring a friend fishing, wear or use sponsor gear, or wear a Halloween costume). You can attempt as few or as many challenges as you want. Ladies will get one ticket just for entering a fish and can earn 1-4 more for meeting the challenges. Guys will get one ticket just for entering a fish (dressed like a girl) and can earn 1 bonus for participating in any or all challenges. If you get skunked, you can still earn a ticket just for getting outside! This challenge begins at 12:01am on October 1st and runs until 11:59pm on October 31st. The cost is $30 and $5 of each registration goes to iAngler, some will go to prizes and postage fees, and the rest will benefit Golden State Salmon Association. All fish must be caught and submitted within the challenge window. Fish entered into competition for prizes must have been caught and landed by the registered participant. You can fish from shore, boat, kayak, surfboard, etc. You can fish rod and reel, flyfish, handline, spearfish, noodle, etc. The species are based off California and this contest is intended for California anglers but open to out-of-state female anglers until the maximum is reached. Only one photo may be submitted per fish. You may enter up to 12 of the same species in the month of October. We encourage versatility and trying something new. The angler, fish, and identifier must be clearly visible in the photo. The identifier will be announced at 9:00 pm on September 30th on iAngler.

Challenges

"Big or Small, Let's Save Them All"
October is Breast Cancer awareness month. You must wear pink (should be in an obvious way like a t-shirt, pants, hat, ribbon, etc) to show support for breast cancer awareness. You will earn a bonus ticket for each photo you submit wearing pink.* On a real note: Make sure you, your family, and friends are staying on top of their breast health with self exams, doctor visits and mammograms.

“Witches and Fishes"
Let’s have some spooktacular fun for Halloween! Dress up in a Halloween costume and pose with your fish to earn an additional bonus ticket.* Should be obvious that you are dressing up in costume.

“Fishin’ Friends ‘til the End”
 We encourage you to take someone new fishing or try targeting something new. Step out of your comfort zone and go to a spot you’ve never been. This challenge is all about fishing with a friend and introducing people to the amazing fishing world. Your friend must be visible in the photo submission.

“Sponsors and Monsters”
Challenge: This challenge isn’t necessarily about big fish, but showing the sponsors some love and thanking them for their support. If you are wearing or using any of the SIMN’s sponsors/donors gear and it is clearly visible in the photo you will earn an extra raffle ticket.

Categories

Scales in my Nails
Ladies only!! Women will submit each fish they catch in this category. Angler, fish, and identifier must be visible in the photo.

Do you even fish bro?
Guys only!! Men must submit the fish they catch in this category. Men must dress like a girl to be eligible. Find a wig or borrow a dress and show what a good sport you are or just how much you love dressing up.

That's why they call it fishing
We all get skunked! But getting outside is still better than staying at home! Photos submitted in this category must include the identifier and angler and it must be obvious you were fishing. Men or women can enter their skunked day!

Sponsors and Prizes
Pitbull tackle: $50 gift card for each female angler who registers! Will receive within 1-2 days of registering.
Mustang Survival- inflatable PFDs and waterproof bags
AFTCO- $100 gift card x3
Costa Sunglasses: sunglasses of your choice x 3
(Costa sunglasses giveaway on Instagram 9/30-10/7 @anniesfishtales)
Wishiwazfishin- the most amazing socks ever
Chicks rippin lips- gift cards
Madame Lure
Outdoor Pro Shop

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 02:22:17 PM by AnnieAreYouOk »

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
... I also thought it would be fun to get guys to go out and dress up like girls and go fishing.

Just another day on the water for me...
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia
Got a condo made of stone-a

AnnieAreYouOk

• Salmon
  • View Profile
... I also thought it would be fun to get guys to go out and dress up like girls and go fishing.

Just another day on the water for me...

Haha the best part is you're not alone in this group  :smt003

JohnnyAb

• Sea Lion
  • FISH IN THE SEA,LIVE IN THE WOODS,WORK AT BEACH
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2016
I just trimmed my nails tho  :smt003
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking”     -J.C. Watts

“we are a community that is committed to each other, the health of our waters, and the sport we all love"
-Scurvy

AnnieAreYouOk

• Salmon
  • View Profile
I just trimmed my nails tho  :smt003

It’s okay as long as you have enough room to paint them!  :smt044

AnnieAreYouOk

• Salmon
  • View Profile