Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:11:17 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:31:45 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 01:27:07 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:28:43 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:05:07 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:20:26 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 09:45:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 05:53:58 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 03:16:26 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:51:06 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 07:57:00 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 09:32:50 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 06:57:02 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 03:18:45 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 01:17:52 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: I asked ChatGPT " Best ocean kayak fishing destinations in northern California"  (Read 1925 times)

123engineering

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017
Do you agree with the response?

"Northern California offers some of the best kayak fishing destinations in the United States due to its rugged coastline, abundance of fish species, and stunning natural beauty. Here are some of the top ocean kayak fishing destinations in Northern California:

Trinidad Bay: Located just north of Eureka, Trinidad Bay offers a sheltered harbor that is perfect for launching kayaks. The bay is home to a variety of fish species, including rockfish, lingcod, and salmon.

Tomales Bay: Located just north of San Francisco, Tomales Bay is a popular destination for kayak fishing due to its calm waters and abundant fish population. Anglers can catch halibut, striped bass, and rockfish.

Bodega Bay: Located on the Sonoma Coast, Bodega Bay is a great place to catch rockfish, lingcod, and salmon from a kayak. The bay is also home to a variety of other marine life, including seals, sea lions, and whales.

Mendocino Coast: The Mendocino Coast is known for its rugged beauty and excellent fishing opportunities. Anglers can catch a variety of species from their kayaks, including rockfish, lingcod, and salmon.

Humboldt Bay: Humboldt Bay is a large estuary located near Eureka that offers excellent kayak fishing opportunities. Anglers can catch halibut, striped bass, and a variety of other fish species.

When planning a kayak fishing trip to Northern California, it's important to check the weather and ocean conditions beforehand, as they can be unpredictable and potentially dangerous. It's also important to obtain any necessary permits and licenses before fishing."

Paul
Paul C.

YouTube: Kayak Fishing Couple
2018 Hobie Oasis Papaya & Grey
2022 Hobie Outback Papaya
2017 Hobie Outback Camo Sold
2014 Hobie Revolution 13 Red - Sold
CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln
2013 & 2019 Subaru Outback White

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Yes I do.  Thanks for sharing Paul.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

LoletaEric

• Gimme Shelter Annual Kayakfishing Tournament Director
  • Manatee
  • The focus is achieving a state of mind.
  • View Profile LoletaEric.com
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
Impressive, but not spot-on.  I'm glad Shelter Cove wasn't mentioned!  Also, I've never heard of a striped bass caught in or near Humboldt Bay.  I've seen them many times in the Eel River, and they're sometimes encountered up at Crescent City, but that reference is not accurate.
I am a licensed guide.  DFW Guide ID:  1000124.   Let's do a trip together.

Loleta Eric's Guide Service

loletaeric@yahoo.com - call me up at (707) 845-0400

http://www.loletaeric.com

Being an honorable sportsman is way more important than what you catch.

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
It's a pretty interesting piece of technology.  But the more information you feed it, the better it will get at returning accurate data.  So it could be in the near future, that it knows every spot that you can possibly launch from.  Maybe someday it can also could even say when it's safe to do so with accuracy. 
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

bluekayak

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2005
I'm glad Shelter Cove wasn't mentioned!

Give it time, Abs

In fact, now that you’ve mentioned it I wonder how long before it makes the AI list of best spots…

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
I'm glad Shelter Cove wasn't mentioned!

Give it time, Abs

In fact, now that you’ve mentioned it I wonder how long before it makes the AI list of best spots…

Well I hope it misses it, and if not, perhaps the direction advisory will limit the followers  :smt003
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

bbt95762

• Sea Lion
  • fresh and saltwater
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2021
cool and a little frightening, it just gets smarter the more you ask it

SOMA

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
It appears to me that it was written in some library by someone that has never been to the west coast.

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
It's a pretty interesting piece of technology.  But the more information you feed it, the better it will get at returning accurate data.  So it could be in the near future, that it knows every spot that you can possibly launch from.  Maybe someday it can also could even say when it's safe to do so with accuracy.

Very cool technology for sure, but I’m a bit skeptical that it’ll get smarter and smarter. It’s trained, essentially, on the Internet, so it’s no smarter than the Internet. Longer term, I imagine lots of these chatbots contributing to the accumulation of online data, on which they all then get trained. That’s a road to more uniformity, but not necessarily better info. I suspect that once the novelty wears off, search engines will still hold sway, as you will always need to filter sources, and outsourcing that to chatbot developers might not be wise.
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...