Kayak Fishing Zone > Hookups and Fishing Reports (Viewable by Public)

OP Rpt 6/16/21...

(1/2) > >>

Code3:
Landed at OP w/ Mark at around 5am and we loaded our gear.  We hit the water a little before 0600 and were greeted with calm waters, no wind, and a beautiful sunrise.  Off we pedaled to a few proven marks...

Mark fished herring while I stayed with chovies...  At around 0800 Ruben arrived on the scene and we continued fishing our respected lanes.  Not a lot of boats out, couple other kayakers, and the weather remained perfect all the way until about 1230.  Outgoing tide until around 1230, but you never know.  My buddy Kayak Kenny killed it a couple weeks ago on an outgoing tide...

Mark landed a nice 24.5" halibut and made a sweet gaff shot stunning the fish into submission.  Ruben and I "fed the fish" and must have landed 12-15 shakers a piece.  I had my shot and hooked into something decent that was peeling line.  Brought him to the surface and he was around 26-28".  Got the gaff ready, pulling the fish towards me, about to gaff him and the fish decided to make one last run.  Chaffed line, multiple shakers prior, and the razor sharp teeth cut the line.  Fish gone.  SOL   :smt010

Wind picked up around 1300 , but we were done.  I was out of bait (20 tray anchovy) by then as well...  Glad at least one of us hooked a keeper  :smt006.

Eddie:
Thanks for the report!  So sorry about the final peeling breakage.  I can imagine the letdown after all the shakers.  You'll geetum.  I know you will... :smt006

fishbushing:
I remember your friend killed the last time so i thought I'd give OP another shot. Arrived a little late and otw around 9am. Headed straight for the bird cage but no fish was home so i decided to head back torwards A frame. Ran into you guys midway and got lucky hookimg up with a 27" keeper. Stayed and trolled the area over again and only found couple of shakers. Then a weird toothy shark broke off my stinger hook at the surface and called it a day as wind started picking up.

Snarcbite:
Thanks for the report.  Wish i had Wednesdays off.  Im sure you'll land a big one next time.  I think the trick is having Kenny the halibut whisperer close by =). 

li-orca:
Thanks for the report. Sorry about the line! I just retied my Salmon line for the same reason. In Pacifica it was warm today; you must have had a good time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version