Kayak Fishing Zone > AOTY

Only 34 Participants in AOTY Right Now - 5/3/21

<< < (4/4)

Mark L:

--- Quote from: FreeRangeGinger on May 06, 2021, 04:30:48 AM ---Feel like a dork for asking, but what does AOTY stand for and how might one sign up. This isn’t like joining the PEN15 club, is it? Because I fell for that shit in first grade too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

"Angler of the Year"click on  AOTY at the top of the screen. My first time I came in about 50th and got some nice paddling gloves, and other items plus being able to share in the awesome potluck at the awards event. 

Sin Coast:
Thanks for the promo Eric! That’s a very cool offer.

Bernard check your messages—I sent you a PM back in March about your double-payment (I can refund or you can donate it as somebody else’s entry fee).

--- Quote from: FreeRangeGinger on May 06, 2021, 04:30:48 AM ---Feel like a dork for asking, but what does AOTY stand for and how might one sign up. This isn’t like joining the PEN15 club, is it? Because I fell for that shit in first grade too.
--- End quote ---
:smt044 Ha!
NCKA has been organizing Angler of the Year competition since 2005. It’s a year-long competition where different fish species are worth points per inch. Originally there were 10 species. There are 20 species now, I think? You top 10 fish count towards your total score and the angler with the most points wins. In the past we had a Hobie kayak as top prize. There is less emphasis on prizes nowadays—it’s all about bragging rights and the custom awards IMO. First Place receives a badass hand-carved trophy from Sean Piscean. Second & Third Place receive personalized framed awards from Amadeo Bachar. The largest species entered wins a custom Big Fish award from Amadeo. And starting this year, we will also be presenting First Place with a custom redwood hog trough from Eric/Abking/Loleta Eric. :-) There are also prizes like paddles, PFDs, etc too. Normally we have a big awards ceremony but Covid has prevented us from gathering—so it’s a little harder to organize delivery of awards & prizes. But the AOTY Committee is working on it! I expect we’ll have a BIG celebration in March 2022 to honor the past winners.

Jewli0n:
I gotta say, being relatively new on this board/community that the AOTY gets me pretty fired up to target everything on the list and get after it. I'm always psyched to one-up myself, and get my phone out for the pic. "MORE POINTS!" It's kinda like fantasy football, without the fantasy. It's way fun, and if anything, fun to try and best yourself. I do plan on getting on that podium so watch out, Corey, 3$J,  :smt002

ThreemoneyJ:

--- Quote from: Jewli0n on May 09, 2021, 04:39:01 PM ---I gotta say, being relatively new on this board/community that the AOTY gets me pretty fired up to target everything on the list and get after it. I'm always psyched to one-up myself, and get my phone out for the pic. "MORE POINTS!" It's kinda like fantasy football, without the fantasy. It's way fun, and if anything, fun to try and best yourself. I do plan on getting on that podium so watch out, Corey, 3$J,  :smt002

--- End quote ---

Hey now, I feel personally attacked  :smt044. Corey would too but he’s on vacation for a few weeks right now. Get your fishing in while he’s away!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version