Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:18:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:13:55 PM]

[Today at 03:08:35 PM]

[Today at 03:08:16 PM]

[Today at 03:07:58 PM]

[Today at 02:48:07 PM]

[Today at 01:36:15 PM]

[Today at 10:08:10 AM]

[Today at 09:34:21 AM]

[Today at 08:13:57 AM]

[May 02, 2024, 10:09:54 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 09:13:28 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 10:34:13 AM]

[May 02, 2024, 08:03:44 AM]

[May 01, 2024, 09:06:36 AM]

[April 30, 2024, 09:10:03 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 03:32:29 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 02:15:19 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 10:36:12 AM]

[April 29, 2024, 09:16:05 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 07:01:31 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 01:56:07 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Facial Hair Trimmer Recs  (Read 138 times)

JohnnyAb

• Sea Lion
  • FISH IN THE SEA,LIVE IN THE WOODS,WORK AT BEACH
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2016
So, I shaved my beard but she likes me better with a bit of a shadow (thanks for telling me!)
I am in need of a few recommendations from the group on which facial hair trimmer to acquire
My old Wahl trimmer is severely lacking in quality
Please let me know your preferences/reviews, Thanks
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking”     -J.C. Watts

“we are a community that is committed to each other, the health of our waters, and the sport we all love"
-Scurvy

PISCEAN

• no kooks please!
  • Sea Lion
  • humming to the bear...
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
I'm on my second Wahl trimmer. The one I'm using was an upgrade, a set with a full size plug in unit and a smaller battery powered detail trimmer. The thing came with a bunch of guides and it's been a workhorse on my walrus bristles.

if there are other recs out there I'm curious about reviews.
pronounced "Pie-see-in"
"Every day is a fishing day, but not every day is a catching day"-Countryman
sponsored by: Piscean Artworks
Randomness rules the universe. Perseverance is the only path to success..but luck sometimes works too.

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
NCKA OG and publisher of the Gentleman’s Guide to Manlinees and Other Cool Sh*T,  @Pacifico , only operates at the peak of male grooming standards and I’m fairly positive he has a monthly manscaping budget that exceeds the average cost of most people’s rent.  He can probably recommend a full facial treatment of beard oils, mustache waxes and precision trimmers…..quite possibly offering up the personal services of the scissor trimming leprechaun that lives in the clothes hamper of one of his bathrooms. 

I’d be of little assistance in this conversation….i buy the cheapest trimmers I can find at target cause nothing is gonna make my mug any more attractive. One word of caution however, the norelco shaver I have feels like it’s individually tweezing hairs straight off my face….its as close to torture as you can get. 
..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

ex-kayaker

• mara pescador
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
….damnit…..can we not @ people?
..........agarcia is just an ex-kayaker

Pacifico

• Oye! Que Vida!
  • Sea Lion
  • 12 seconds! That's all I need!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Art, it sounds like we're going to have another talk about you peeping through my clothes hamper and my bathroom. 

But since you mention it, I highly recommend "The Lawnmower" product line from Manscaped.  They're a good all over trimmer.  There are multiple versions, of which I have the 4.0.   The blades are replaceable, they hold a charge well, they're easy to travel with (with a setting to be sure you don't accidentally run the power down while they're in your bag),  they have a light in case you're trying to reach some dark and hard to see areas. Let's not forget that they just look cool...even if your significant other is not impressed by your own equipment or how well you maintain that equipment, I feel confident in guaranteeing that they will be impressed by the equipment you use to maintain your equipment.

Don't forget to also subscribe to the peak hygiene plan. It's $20 per shipment and you get to pick up to two of their products...you can switch what those products are so you can try them all but I always keep the replaceable lawnmower blades in the package so I can avoid any potential of the issues Art is having with his Norelco.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:38:25 PM by Pacifico »
Rub-cifico

Pacifico

• Oye! Que Vida!
  • Sea Lion
  • 12 seconds! That's all I need!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
...quite possibly offering up the personal services of the scissor trimming leprechaun that lives in the clothes hamper of one of his bathrooms. 

also, the leprechaun services are no longer available after your last incident, he's still in therapy. 
Rub-cifico