Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:08:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:11:50 AM]

[Today at 03:36:08 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 11:40:13 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:54 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 01:04:03 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 10:15:40 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:12:28 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 07:35:53 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 06:46:52 AM]

[May 08, 2024, 04:58:49 PM]

[May 08, 2024, 12:29:15 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 06:30:10 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 05:11:37 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 02:59:57 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Coosa floatation  (Read 8358 times)

Hydrospider

It’s neat looking but I would be weary about drying everything out after any trips to avoid any mold buildup.  :smt006

Letting the inside of the boat dry and some clean up are just part of my disassemble process.
What kind of flotation are you using?
I don't have a better option or idea. I could use mini-cell but its heavier and a lot more work carving chunks to fit and I really don't want to use inflatables other than my dry bags.
 If I ditch and the hull is swamped the boat will get strained and sent deep into an undercut. Retrieval turns into a sketchy boat rescue and kills time for fishing down river.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 09:44:48 PM by Hydrospider »

fishbushing

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018
I did a similar thing with my hobie revo but it ended up being a big chore after every trip. Now all I have is 4 regular size noodle, 2 on each side and it's so much easier to dry.

I don't have any experiences with a sit inside so maybe some other members can chime in.
-Jason

Hydrospider

Glamour shots of one of my river runners on a recent trip.
Elevated chair
260cm paddle
dragging a pyramid

Rock Hopper

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Global Moderator
  • A-Hull Muggle
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2005
Looks like a cozy ride, my dude!  :smt006

In Loving Memory of Mooch, Eelmaster, Shicken, and Cabeza De Martillo

I started kayak fishing to get away from most of you...

Sin Coast

• AOTY committee
  • Global Moderator
  • Pat Kuhl
  • View Profile Turf Image
  • Date Registered: Jul 2006
...trying to imagine which crik that is... :-) Not green creek...but skinny like robinson or buckeye. Too small to be east walker. I’m gonna guess Swauger creek? Although I feel like I’m guessing too far north.
Do you have more pics of the anchor mount?
Photobucket Sucks!

Team A-Hulls

~old enough to know better, young enough to not care~

Hydrospider

Looks like a cozy ride, my dude!  :smt006
Hey D,  It's all day comfortable. The lawn chairs have really changed the game for me. Not only cozy, but the higher vantage is huge for casting. Paddling this tall can be a bit more dynamic on the river, but it's worth it.
Hope you're hangin tough and hug your lady for me.

...trying to imagine which crik that is... :-) Not green creek...but skinny like robinson or buckeye. Too small to be east walker. I’m gonna guess Swauger creek? Although I feel like I’m guessing too far north.
Do you have more pics of the anchor mount?

I don't have photos of the mount but I can take some and send them to you.  (It's not my design)
I can also take the mount off and use a drift chain instead of the pyramid.

Some of that stretch reminds me of Green and it does get skinny with some challenging switchbacks. A strong T stroke/draw is highly recommended. There are also times that it looks like E walker too.
Here are some more shots of this section.  This will confirm your too far North guess and will probably give it away.     After the world re-opens, you're invited.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 11:34:03 AM by Hydrospider »

Hydrospider

The put in.

Hydrospider

Here is a dry bag on top of the pool noodle foundation.
The bag could be more inflated but still this creates a bulkhead limiting dead space. The same is done in the stern hatch.
This also helps prevent any gear in the hull from shifting and sending me for a swim.

Hydrospider

This was one of my threads that I wanted to wrap up and close out with some operational/glamour shots.
I hope it helps show that while many forum dwellers think that flotation is optional or something extra,  real boaters count it as essential gear.  Be real.  Stuff it like you're playing Tetris.
 :spiderman:

And now, your moment of zen....(I did not spill my shandy)

anything