Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:51:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 28, 2024, 08:31:45 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 01:27:07 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:28:43 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 08:05:07 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:20:26 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 09:45:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 05:53:58 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 03:16:26 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:51:06 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 07:57:00 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 09:32:50 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 06:57:02 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 03:18:45 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 01:17:52 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:23:39 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Federal judge strikes down California’s ban on high-capacity gun magazines  (Read 7387 times)

Grizzysdad

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2019

DavidMel

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2018
  Part of the swearing in of all military is that they will support the Commander in Chief (the President).

Interesting!  I did not know that!

That changes everything. brb going to go buy a cruise missile and some AA guns.

Enlistment Oath.— Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:

I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
David

Vibe Sea Ghost 110

" I believe in America."

Dale L

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2005
  Part of the swearing in of all military is that they will support the Commander in Chief (the President).

Enlistment Oath.— Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:

I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

So which is it, defend and bear allegiance to the Constitution, or obey orders of the President et al. Not hard for me to see situations that I would consider a conflict.

But then again this is a thread on magazines.

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007

So which is it, defend and bear allegiance to the Constitution, or obey orders of the President et al. Not hard for me to see situations that I would consider a conflict.

Also obey the orders of officers, who themselves did not swear an oath of fealty.

What a sticky wicket we have here!
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Officers have an oath upon commission , The current form of the officer’s oath is found in Title 5, “Government Organization and Employees,” of the U.S. Code

5 USC §3331

...“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”...

It's the same oath I took to practice law before various state and federal courts.
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

DavidMel

• Salmon
  • View Profile

and the Presidents oath is

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

The president is the commander of the military, and as such, a person in the military has the duty to obey a direct order from a commanding officer.

I now return you to your original program.  :smt003

I really don't care if it is a 30 round magazine or a 10 round.  Creating a law over the maximum capacity of a magazine doesn't solve a problem.  It just creates a new law that law abiding citizens must follow.  If someone is hell bent on shooting up a place, the odds are that person is carrying enough ammo and can reload quickly enough to get the job done.  I don't think banning a type of gun solves the problem either. 

From the thread, I gather the underlying sentiment is to keep our rights but to also have the ability to stop someone from walking into a bar or church and shooting everyone they can. 

David

Vibe Sea Ghost 110

" I believe in America."

tbceja

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018
My main point with Chicago and other cities was more gun laws dont help. What would help is people raising there kids to make good decisions. I too believe in the system even as crooked as some of the people running it are. I'm not a semi auto or high capacity person myself but I believe people should have the right to choose.  The poster above was correct the government chips away a little at a time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004
I'm not a full auto or high capacity kind of guy.  But I do believe that is not really the issue.  The line is drawn, and it's not where you think it is.

And for you people making fun of this thread, there are a lot of people on both sides of the debate, that would appreciate that if you have nothing of substance to contribute except ridicule (either way), that you STFU.  Respectfully ...

-Allen

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I'm not a full auto or high capacity kind of guy.  But I do believe that is not really the issue.  The line is drawn, and it's not where you think it is.

And for you people making fun of this thread, there are a lot of people on both sides of the debate, that would appreciate that if you have nothing of substance to contribute except ridicule (either way), that you STFU.  Respectfully ...

-Allen

What if I have something of substance to add, but choose to do so in a snarky way?

We've done these threads quite a bit, nobody is going to change anybody's mind, and if I want to paraphrase California Sen. DeLeon's retarded thirty magazine clip speech what harm is there in that?
"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

Fisherman X

• Sea Lion
  • Going to the ocean is going home
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
A.S wrote:
<snipped> But I do believe that is not really the issue.  The line is drawn, and it's not where you think it is.

I’ve been reading this right along and seen good and bad arguments from each side. This may be the most interesting part so far. I’d like to hear more on this!
-Success is living the life you want-
Joel ><>

Hammerhead avatar in memory of CdM

hightide

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Nobody needs a fully semi-automatic 30 magazine clip.

Ridiculous.
I go back to this!  Which I think got this thread going 6 pages.
There is no such thing as a  fully semi- auto.   At least not that I know of. I served in the Army and I fired the Auto and the 1 pull 3 bullets. But I don’t know what a fully semi-auto is.
Like Dustin said “we’ve been trolled”
ALLAN

2020 Hobie Revo 13
OK T15
Owned 2015 Hobie AI
Owned Scupper Pro TW

Live, Love, Launch!

Mojo Jojo

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016

Ridiculous.
There is no such thing as a  fully semi- auto.   At least not that I know of. I served in the Army and I fired the Auto and the 1 pull 3 bullets. But I don’t know what a fully semi-auto is.
LMFAO  :smt044

Crash we all love ya man !!!  :smt066 :smt067 :smt068 :smt117

2013 Jackson Big Tuna.........Ours
2011 Native Mariner Propel 12.5...His
2015 Native Slayer Propel 13.......Hers
20?? Emotion ,Sparky.....7 yr old grandson's
Event Coordinator
Heroes On the Water
North Oregon Coast Chapter
Team C.O.D. FISHING (Crazy Old Dudes)just for forum fun challenges

polepole

• Administrator
  • View Profile Kayak Fishing Magazine
  • Date Registered: Dec 2004

-Allen

What if I have something of substance to add, but choose to do so in a snarky way?

We've done these threads quite a bit, nobody is going to change anybody's mind, and if I want to paraphrase California Sen. DeLeon's retarded thirty magazine clip speech what harm is there in that?

You're just upset you aren't king asshole.

Using humor to make a point is a reality that stands the test of time.  Using ridicule just to make people feel stupid over an opinion on an already polarizing issue ... bzzzt.  But that's just me.  Carry on.

-Allen

crash

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile

Ridiculous.

"SCIENCE SUCKS" - bmb

DavidMel

• Salmon
  • View Profile
My main point with Chicago and other cities was more gun laws dont help. What would help is people raising there kids to make good decisions. I too believe in the system even as crooked as some of the people running it are. I'm not a semi auto or high capacity person myself but I believe people should have the right to choose.  The poster above was correct the government chips away a little at a time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree that adding laws will not stop the lawless.  But saying people should raise there kids to make good decisions as a solution to the problems in Chicago and other large cities is naive to ignorant of the reality that exists.
David

Vibe Sea Ghost 110

" I believe in America."