Kayak Fishing Zone > Fishing Tournaments and Events

USAngling Introduces New USA Kayak Saltwater Fishing Team

(1/4) > >>

polepole:
You may recognize a few names involved here, including Annie and myself.

--- Quote ---USA, April 4, 2024
USAngling is proud to announce an exciting new sports team, Saltwater Kayak Fishing, to the USAngling program. USAngling has set up an USA Kayak Fishing Saltwater committee to select America’s best saltwater kayak fishing teams. These teams will represent the USA at the upcoming Costa Rica Pan American Championship in June and the World Championship in Spain this October. These are sanctioned events that will assist in the global effort to gain recognition for sport fishing by the International Olympic committee.

The committee currently consists of: Craig Storms – President, David Elgas – Vice President, Allen Sansano – Secretary, Annie Nagel – Communications Director, Adam Fisk – Team Coach, Robert Field – Gulf Coast Director and Joe Hector – Atlantic SE Director. This committee is establishing a program to build regional qualifiers, national championships, Pan Am events and a path for American athletes to compete in future Saltwater Kayak Fishing World Championships.

--- End quote ---

Full press release here, https://conta.cc/3VOEbHd

-Allen

Eddie:
Making a mark!  Well deserved I’m sure.  I look forward to more good news! :smt006

ThreemoneyJ:
Awesome to see!

Sailfish:
Congrats Mr. Secretary  :smt001. Looking forward to learn more about USAngling.

jp52:
Olympic fishing? Seems like a late April fools joke.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version