Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:27:07 PM]

[Today at 12:03:45 PM]

[Today at 08:28:43 AM]

[Today at 08:05:07 AM]

[Today at 07:20:26 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 09:45:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 05:53:58 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 03:16:26 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:51:06 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 07:57:00 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 09:32:50 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 06:57:02 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 03:18:45 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 01:17:52 PM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:23:39 AM]

[April 25, 2024, 07:16:05 AM]

[April 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Looking for Hobie Mirage right side pedal/crank assembly  (Read 438 times)

piscellaneous

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
Hello-
Does anyone have a right side Pedal/crank assembly for Mirage Drive they are willing to part with for sale? The part # is 81222 and everywhere is sold out currently

All the best-
Mark

chopper

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
Some have made custom crank arms out of aluminum billet stock -- I think Nowhereman did this. It might be quicker than waiting on the parts to come into stock. Good luck!

Cheers,
Brad

Sailfish

• Manatee
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
  • View Profile YouTube Channel
  • Date Registered: Aug 2011
Some have made custom crank arms out of aluminum billet stock -- I think Nowhereman did this. It might be quicker than waiting on the parts to come into stock. Good luck!

Cheers,
Brad

Yes! I've made a lot of them of out of solid 3/4" square 6061 aluminum--a strange hobby of mine....

They've proven indestructible for me. The only issue is that you'd probably need to use bicycle pedals, as there is not an easy way to directly attach the Hobie pedals.
Please don't spoil my day, I'm miles away...

piscellaneous

• Salmon
  • View Profile
Thanks for the suggestions gentlemen. Actually the failure is on the end of the pedal spindle on the threads. Since the spindle is pressed on I figured I needed to replace the whole assembly. While it sounds fun to make custom cranks with bike pedals, I have a job, school-age kids, and a house remodel to attend to and barely have time to get out on the water as much as I would like.
I’m thinking of some way to to temporarily keep the pedal on while I wait for a replacement to make itself available. Of course if I am looking at more than a few weeks I will need to consider an alternative to replacing the whole drive and may go the DIY cranks route

FishingAddict

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
2018 Hobie Revolution 13 Cheeesy Orange Papaya
2019 Hobie Revolution 11 Seagrass Green

piscellaneous

• Salmon
  • View Profile
They are out of stock at west coast sailing, eBay, and every dealer I have called coast-to-coast. The “ships in 3-6 weeks” on west coast sailings site is just a way of saying “we can get one when Hobie has them again.” CCK told me per the Hobie shortage list updated 2/27 they were “researching “

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
They are out of stock at west coast sailing, eBay, and every dealer I have called coast-to-coast. The “ships in 3-6 weeks” on west coast sailings site is just a way of saying “we can get one when Hobie has them again.” CCK told me per the Hobie shortage list updated 2/27 they were “researching “

Since I make my own solid crank arms, and I have multiple mirage drives, I've got a few spare stock crank arms. Here's a right-side one. You could borrow it--no hurry to get it back, as I'll never use it again.

wormguy

• The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat
  • Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Sep 2012
Ack! That's pretty nice offer!
Native Slayer Propel 13
Hobie Revolution 11

piscellaneous

• Salmon
  • View Profile

Since I make my own solid crank arms, and I have multiple mirage drives, I've got a few spare stock crank arms. Here's a right-side one. You could borrow it--no hurry to get it back, as I'll never use it again.
Indeed a very kind offer. If I take you up on it will also be an excuse to visit my old stomping grounds in Santa Cruz. I’ll pm if I take you up on it and if you could let me know what your favorite beverage is.
Cheers

NowhereMan

• Manatee
  • 44.5"/38.5#
PM any time, or you can text me at "for oh ate fore owe to 10-five-too"...

anything