Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2021, 11:58:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:59:32 PM]

[Today at 09:18:24 PM]

[Today at 08:03:39 PM]

[Today at 07:07:04 PM]

by jp52
[Today at 05:42:36 PM]

[Today at 04:12:36 PM]

[Today at 03:04:17 PM]

[Today at 02:42:13 PM]

[Today at 02:26:37 PM]

[Today at 01:20:36 PM]

[Today at 12:54:56 PM]

[Today at 12:51:30 PM]

[Today at 02:30:59 AM]

[September 15, 2021, 07:40:17 PM]

[September 15, 2021, 02:55:35 PM]

[September 15, 2021, 12:47:25 PM]

[September 15, 2021, 11:35:16 AM]

[September 14, 2021, 09:08:31 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Hojoman

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1818
September 16, 2021

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has reopened 34 of its properties to public use as of Thursday, Sept. 16, following the announcement by the USDA Forest Service’s Pacific Southwest Region (https://wildlife.ca.gov/DesktopModules/LiveCampaign/API/Request/ProcessEmail?c=149&l=411976&ce=438555657)  lifting the closure of most California forests.

Some CDFW wildlife areas and ecological reserves that lie within or immediately adjacent to USDA Forest Service boundaries will remain closed to support emergency response routes, firefighting efforts and to protect public safety. Please visit CDFW’s Emergency Closures webpage (https://wildlife.ca.gov/DesktopModules/LiveCampaign/API/Request/ProcessEmail?c=149&l=411977&ce=438555657) for the most current list of CDFW closures. Hunters and anglers are strongly advised to check ahead before planning any trips to USDA Forest Service properties.

The lifting of the regional USDA Forest Service closure in California comes two days early before the order was set to expire Sept. 17. The lifting of the closure along with the reopening of 34 CDFW properties will provide hunters and anglers with expanded hunting, fishing and camping opportunities in time for peak fall fishing and hunting seasons.

Four forests in Southern California, however, will remain closed until Sept. 22 due to local wildfire conditions and a lack of firefighting resources. These are the Los Padres, Angeles, San Bernardino and Cleveland national forests. The El Dorado National Forest in Northern California remains closed through Sept. 30 due to the Caldor Fire.

The Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, which lies within California and Nevada but outside the USDA’s Pacific Southwest Region, remains open to public use.

September 9, 2021

Entrance fees for the National Park Service and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and standard amenity recreation fees for the Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, U.S. Forest Service and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers sites are waived for current Military Service-members and their dependents, Veterans and Gold Star Families.

They now have free access to approximately 2,000 public locations spread out across more than 400 million acres of public lands, which host activities to fit any lifestyle, from serene to high octane, including hiking, fishing, paddling, biking, hunting, stargazing, camping, and much more.
Are you eligible?

For purposes of this program, a Veteran is identified as an individual who has served in the United States Armed Forces, including the National Guard and Reserves, and is able to present one of the following forms of valid (unexpired) identification:

1.  Department of Defense Identification Card
2.  Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC) (https://www.va.gov/health-care/get-health-id-card/)
3.  Veteran ID Card (https://www.va.gov/records/get-veteran-id-cards/vic/)
4.  Veterans designation on a state-issued U.S. driver’s license or identification card

Gold Star Families are next of kin of a member of the United States Armed Forces who lost his or her life in a “qualifying situation,” such as a war, an international terrorist attack, or a military operation outside of the United States while serving with the United States Armed Forces.
The America the Beautiful – the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass (Interagency Pass) Program

The Interagency Pass Program already includes a free annual pass for active duty members of the U.S. Military and their dependents. Current Military Service-members must show a valid (unexpired) Department of Defense ID. Dependents of current Service-members must show a valid (unexpired) DD Form 1173 AD or DEC.

The annual Military Pass has been expanded to include Veterans and Gold Star Family members. Other free or discounted passes, including some lifetime passes, are available for persons with permanent disabilities, fourth grade students, volunteers, and senior citizens age 62 years or older.

How to get your Interagency Pass

Interagency Passes can be obtained in person while visiting a participating site. Visit Places to Get Interagency Passes (https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/pickup-pass-locations.htm) for a searchable list and be sure to contact the site before you go, to make sure they are open and have passes in stock.  In addition, Military passes, as well as those for seniors and persons with permanent disabilities, are available online through the USGS Online Store (https://store.usgs.gov/recreational-passes).

For more information about eligibility and passes, visit Free Entrance to National Parks for Veterans and Gold Star Families (U.S. National Park Service) (https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/veterans-and-gold-star-families-free-access.htm).

The participating agencies also offer several fee-free days for everyone throughout the year to mark days of celebration and commemoration. Examples of fee-free days include the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr., National Public Lands Day, Veterans Day, and the signing of the Great American Outdoors Act.

Fee-free days and fee policies vary among the agencies, so it’s best to check the agency website or contact the site you plan to visit in advance of your trip.

APPLY FOR A VETERAN ID CARD (https://www.va.gov/records/get-veteran-id-cards/vic/)

APPLY FOR A VETERAN HEALTH IDENTIFICATION CARD (VHIC) (https://www.va.gov/health-care/get-health-id-card/)

General Talk / Re: FUNNY STUFF......
« on: September 11, 2021, 09:53:36 PM »

General Talk / Re: FUNNY STUFF......
« on: September 11, 2021, 09:53:18 PM »

General Talk / Re: FUNNY STUFF......
« on: September 11, 2021, 09:52:58 PM »

General Talk / Re: FUNNY STUFF......
« on: September 11, 2021, 09:52:40 PM »

General Talk / Re: FUNNY STUFF......
« on: September 11, 2021, 09:52:19 PM »

General Talk / Re: FUNNY STUFF......
« on: September 11, 2021, 09:51:57 PM »

General Talk / Re: FUNNY STUFF......
« on: September 11, 2021, 09:51:36 PM »

General Talk / Re: FUNNY STUFF......
« on: September 11, 2021, 09:51:16 PM »

General Talk / Re: FUNNY STUFF......
« on: September 11, 2021, 08:21:54 PM »

General Talk / Re: FUNNY STUFF......
« on: September 11, 2021, 08:21:29 PM »

General Talk / Re: FUNNY STUFF......
« on: September 11, 2021, 08:21:11 PM »

General Talk / Re: FUNNY STUFF......
« on: September 10, 2021, 11:45:36 PM »

CA Regulations / Spiny Lobster Season
« on: September 09, 2021, 04:39:46 PM »
September 9, 2021

Question: What are the dates of the upcoming recreational spiny lobster season? Can I purchase a lobster report card before the season starts?

A: Divers and hoop netters can now begin preparing for the 2021-22 recreational spiny lobster season by purchasing Spiny Lobster Report Cards. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) requires all lobster divers and hoop netters to record their catches on a Spiny Lobster Report Card. The cards can be purchased online for $10.54 at wildlife.ca.gov/Licensing/Online-Sales. Spiny Lobster Report Cards are valid for the length of the recreational spiny lobster season, which runs from Oct. 2, 2021 through March 16, 2022. A $21.60 non-return fee will be charged when purchasing a Spiny Lobster Report Card if the previous year’s report card was not returned or reported online by the April 30, 2022 deadline. To avoid the fee, you may skip one lobster fishing season. After skipping one season, you can purchase a Spiny Lobster Report Card the following season at no extra cost. In addition to the Spiny Lobster Report Card, all divers and hoop netters 16 years of age or older must also purchase a California Sport Fishing License with a Sport Ocean Enhancement Validation, except for persons hoop netting from a public pier.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1818