Kayak Fishing Zone > Fishing Tournaments and Events

April 20, 2024 - Handline MBF @ ARW

(1/17) > >>

G-Whiz:
Hand Line MBF - Stripers & Butts
Where: Alameda Rockwall
Time: 07:00
Weigh In Deadline: 1pm

Target Species: Halibut or Stripers - Longest fish wins! (Tie Breaker will be determined wieght). All DFG rules applies.

Congrats to the Winner Kiel "Reelknots" Ramos, who weighed in a 37" halibut to take top honors at this year's Handline MBF (as well as another 27" for good measure)!

1st Place: Reelknots - 37.00" Halibut
2nd Place: Sailfish - 30.25" Halibut
3rd Place: Mark L - 25.5" Halibut

Seas & weather for the event were spectacular; flat @$$ calm seas, sun was shining and only a slight breeze off/on. Couldn't have ask for a better conditions!

Alot of kayaker's and boaters took the ramp early, as well as rockwall'ers dunking lines it. However, it was one of our own, who boat'd the largest butt and did it with a Handline. I was right behind Kiel when he hooked up on his 2nd fish and after he got it in the net, an exhilarating cheer erupted that could be heard for miles; even the rockwall'ers got into the celebration. So guys, get out there and give handling a go!

As for me, I thought it was going to be a productive day, when I multiple short strikes and hook'ed up within the first hour; first and only fish was just shy of the 22", coming in a 21 1/2'. I could have extended the mouth and stretch the tail :smt001, to possibile get it to 22", but thought it would be a better day. but as it turned out, only had one other takedown, that spit the hook and just turned out to be a paddling exercise day for me.

As for the for the chill part, ran into a bit of a snag, when I left the box of buns behind at the house; whole nother story behind that f'up, but let's just say it had to do with a lady of the evening distraction. Big Thanks to Mark L, for making a quick dash to the story to secure more buns! Go to see and chat with long-time OGs i haven't seen in quite a while; thanks for making the trip up here to hang out, it was great to hang out with you guys!!

Thanks to all who came out, helped and hung out; this is what these types of gatherings are all about, brotherhood!!!

Had numerous request to continue this event, I know I missed a few years, but I'll do my best to make in an Annual event!

Thanks again all!!

$10 MBF collection will be 7am or earlier, however, anyone that participates will be included for the 1st Place custom hand-craved Handline reel. If your not planning to arrive be 7am and want to enter the MBF, you can Venmo or Paypal the $10 to Glenarmas@gmail.com

I'll bring a griddle, polish dogs, buns and condiments for the Chill after.

Any questions, give me a shout!

Confirmed:
Chucke
Sailfish
LoletaEric
Reelknots
Baitman
Herb Superb
Alex BullDog
BOB
Tsuri
Mark L (PP10)
Jedmo
Butete (Venmo10)
HerbSuperb (Venmo10)

Tentative:
Papa Al
Scott V
Alien
Vwool
Mr. X
Weirmarian
Structdog

Papa Al:
I miss this tournament. Hope I can attend.

Al

Bulldog---Alex:
Always wanted to try one of your tournaments, Glen.

See if we can drag Alien out there.  :smt001

Fisherman X:
Glen? Where ya been since May of ‘21?

Sailfish:
Done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version