Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:26:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:44:00 PM]

[Today at 06:22:12 PM]

[Today at 03:48:23 PM]

[Today at 01:30:31 PM]

[Today at 10:21:04 AM]

by Clb
[Today at 09:23:49 AM]

[Today at 07:12:15 AM]

[May 18, 2024, 07:33:15 PM]

[May 18, 2024, 07:29:46 PM]

[May 18, 2024, 04:56:39 PM]

[May 18, 2024, 12:06:29 PM]

[May 18, 2024, 07:37:45 AM]

[May 17, 2024, 11:20:54 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:41:33 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 07:13:03 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 10:29:52 AM]

[May 17, 2024, 09:32:27 AM]

[May 17, 2024, 09:08:12 AM]

[May 17, 2024, 07:00:12 AM]

[May 17, 2024, 06:57:59 AM]

[May 16, 2024, 08:43:30 PM]

[May 16, 2024, 06:11:52 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Bit the Bullet - Stealth Questions. help please!  (Read 13662 times)

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2018
I have "downgraded" to a standard kayak. Im currently waiting for my Profisha which is coming very soon. I also just picked up an older Eddyline which is a ton of fun. I  got more and more intrigued with just kayaking and kind of got a lil bored with the pedaling. I still love my Hobie and definitely plan on keeping it though. No major complaints. Very excited about learning how to kayak and rippin around on my new stealth
A jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other end.

Eddie

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I have "downgraded" to a standard kayak. Im currently waiting for my Profisha which is coming very soon. I also just picked up an older Eddyline which is a ton of fun. I  got more and more intrigued with just kayaking and kind of got a lil bored with the pedaling. I still love my Hobie and definitely plan on keeping it though. No major complaints. Very excited about learning how to kayak and rippin around on my new stealth
Brahhdah Chop, we're gonna fish someday and catch em'.  See ya on da wattah'! :smt006
“I’m going fishing.”  They said, “we will go with you.” 
John 21:3

Stealth Pro Fisha 475
Jackson Kraken 15
Native Manta Ray 12.5
Werner Cyprus 220cm

SuperFly

• Sand Dab
  • Stealth Pro Fisha 575 and Fisha 500
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jan 2015
Sold my Outback and getting into a Stealth Fusion 480 Fisha 460.  I am curious as to how you guys like to mount your accessories? Particularly the sounder.  I currently use an elite7 ti2 and I know that's a larger unit.  I have the HDI xducer, not the 3-in-1 so I should be able to fit it into the scupper recess on the new hull.

Im also curious if you can fit 8' rods in the hull?

Thanks

edit: doesnt look like an 8' will go into the 460, what about the 500?

Longest rod I use on my kayak is 7'9" and it fits into my Fisha 500 hatch. It's is older style without the livewell, so I'm not sure if new ones have less room.
As for mounting, Stealths have relatively little flat surface area so options are a bit more limited. The hatch lid is really where you want to put the finder, but I've seen a couple of interesting alternatives, like these: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvEIybWl-bP/   https://www.instagram.com/p/BtSsTVFAvoA/ https://www.instagram.com/p/BLapfzUjbln/. I've also seen a couple of finders mounted on the deck just in front of the hatch.

The hatch lid isn't the best spot for a rod holder, but you could put one there as long as you're OK with keeping the lid strapped down tight, and moving the rod to one of the rear holders when needed. I keep thinking I'll add a Railblaza sideport somewhere in the footwell, either at the front end or on the side of the fish hatch, but I haven't really felt the need to. Sea Sherpa makes a footwell mounting bracket for Stealths that offers better clearance and puts the mount higher. https://seasherpa.com.au/collections/fishing-gear/products/front-rod-holder-brackets

Aespo90

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile My Instagram
  • Date Registered: Oct 2020
Interesting.  The rod I want to put in is a 7'11" okuma guide select, but maybe it'll fit in the 500. 

That ram ball mount is interesting.  I could make those brackets that go into the foot well pretty easily (I'm a metal fabricator), the look like they're probably just some formed aluminum with a matching hole pattern to interface with the hull.  That could be an option.  My ff has the quick connect base (doesn't remove the cables, so I kind of plan on doing it how Rod from Rokkit Kit mounts his unit, but we will have to see how it fits depending on what ever bracket I can come up with
Fishing IG: @blackflag_fishing
3D Printing IG: @stealth3dprinting
2014 Ocean Kayak T13 SOLD
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe

ReelKnots

• SonomaCoastSafetySquad
  • Sea Lion
  • Never leave FISH to find FISH.
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jun 2005
1st Place ARW Handline Tournament 2024
1st Place ARW King Of The Wall 2019
1st Place - Albion Open 2009
OK Trident 13 ( My Trophy )
495 Stealth Evolution
Hobie Revo 13

In Loving Memory of Joel " Mooch " Lotilla.

SlackedTide

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Definitely not a downgrade... really nice rig.
2014 Hobie Revo 13
2011 Hobie Outback - bye bye
1997 Tracker 17 Deep V<--- Money Pit

When you look outside the window, and all you see is fishing. True Story.

wizz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Cant find a goood pic of the setup, but you can get the idea. The lowrance E5 is what normally would be on the mount paddler side  of the rod holder, you can see it’s mount,  and it’s all mounted to the lid which is reinforced underneath with 1/4” marine plywood finished with urethane. The rod doesn’t need to be moved when the hatch is raised, stays in the holder just fine. Works really well for trolling and trooching as it’s high enough and forward enough to not get in the way of the legs or paddle but close enough to quickly grab when it’s bobbing from head shake, and you can watch the tip while you troll. The transducer is run thru the fish hatch to the  hull just in front and to the side of the seat

Pro Fisha 525, but it’s basically the same as the Fisha.
"The howling tide of unreason beats against pure fact with incredible fury"-Terrence Mckenna

Aespo90

• Sand Dab
Thank you everyone for your input.  I am a couple of months out from the next shipment it seems, but I am so eager to get to rigging.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe

Squidder K

• On the 7th day God created fishing!
  • Sea Lion
  • Old Squidder's never die!
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Sold my Outback and getting into a Stealth Fusion 480 Fisha 460 500.  I am curious as to how you guys like to mount your accessories? Particularly the sounder.  I currently use an elite7 ti2 and I know that's a larger unit.  I have the HDI xducer, not the 3-in-1 so I should be able to fit it into the scupper recess on the new hull.

Im also curious if you can fit 8' rods in the hull?

Thanks

Aespo90, I have a Fisha 555, it would be 55 cm longer than a 500. Yes I have put 8 foot rods in without issue. I have put a 240 cm paddle in there without issue (both at the same time). I think I slipped in an 8'6" rod also without issue.  How to mount your FF, or better yet how not to mount it.  If you check out FB's Stealth USA page, you can search in the images of an Orange 555 with several images on the FF installation. Everything worked great accept one thing I should of done and didn't do. I did not cut a relief in either the hull or the hatch, subsequent opening and closing of the hatch tweaked the FF cable. I have since drill a hole/channel to allow the cable to pass through without being pinched.  Moo Moo Outdoors did something similar to his 480, and is having the same issue.  I could not warn him in time to cut a relief, he is also having cable issues.  As for accessories, keep in mind the stealth guys tend to go leaner and don't have as much access stuff on their yaks.  The guy from Australia does great videos Rokkit something or other.  Also Capt. Gingerbread from South Africa post some good video's too (just kind of have to understand some of his sayings).

edit: doesnt look like an 8' will go into the 460, what about the 500?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 11:38:38 AM by Squidder K »
Kevin Storm
"A bad day fishing, still beats a good day of work!"
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans"
Patriots Fan since 1967
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=field+artillery+song

FLYAKER65

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2020
Congrats on the decision...thats usually the toughest part. You’ll love it and forget about the comparisons in no time. Every boat has its great and not so great aspects. Most important is whatever kayak you use suits your paddling and fishing style matches up to you being happy out there and also transport has its place in deciding.

Fisha 500 can fit 7.5’ rods in hull. Beyond that you’ll need 2+ piece rods
of you must use 8’ and up.

I have not installed a sonar quite yet...I wanted to take a minute to learn the boat but I will use the angled sonar hatch and see what thats
like.

Squidder K

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
I saw this on a Stealth forum once: "Friends don't let Friends peddle," another one was "Real fishermen paddle, not peddle" or words to that affect. 
Kevin Storm
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Patriots Fan since 1967

Aespo90

• Sand Dab
Welp its April 12th and I am not sure where the kayaks are.  I was told that they may ship end of this month so fingers are crossed.  I would be stoked to have it for late spring/summer down here when the game fish are really active.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe

wizz

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
I saw this on a Stealth forum once: "Friends don't let Friends peddle," another one was "Real fishermen paddle, not peddle" or words to that affect.

Friends don’t let friends peddle what, their wares?  :smt003
"The howling tide of unreason beats against pure fact with incredible fury"-Terrence Mckenna

Squidder K

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
Rod length in a Stealth, well I can say my 555 can take a anything I have except my 12 foot surf fishing rod (wait it can take that because it is 2 piece rod). I think one of my rods I don't use for kayak fishing is 8' 10 or something like that, and it fit in there if I recall. 
Kevin Storm
Hobie Quest
Necky Kyook
Hero's on the Water
Patriots Fan since 1967

Aespo90

• Sand Dab
Any one know hear anything about when the incoming shipment will be here?  I spoke to stealth back in May (the 18th if im not mistaken) and the container had shipped.  I figured it would take about 41 days per a google search regarding transit from Durban to Oakland, but haven't heard anything else.  It has now been 61 days.  I ordered the sled back in October so getting pretty antsy.

Thanks.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe