Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 06:55:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:46:31 AM]

[Today at 03:36:08 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 11:49:59 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 11:40:13 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:54 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 01:04:03 PM]

[May 09, 2024, 10:15:40 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:12:28 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 07:35:53 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 06:46:52 AM]

[May 08, 2024, 04:58:49 PM]

[May 08, 2024, 12:29:15 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 06:30:10 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 05:11:37 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 02:59:57 PM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Railblaza C-Tug-R for PA?  (Read 1856 times)

bbt95762

• Sea Lion
  • fresh and saltwater
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2021
Hey,
do any of you have experience with the RailBlaza C-Tug-R with a PA or even an outback?

getting tired of using the hobie through scupper cart, and dumping my yak when I want to load it back to the car.

The Railblaza looks nice, easy for one person to load the yak onto the cart - fully loaded - but looking for first hand experience before I drop some cha-ching on it.

Thanks,
Brian.

Runic112

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2022
I don't have any experience, but the product looks awesome. My one concern would be the wheels not sitting still on hills/steep boat ramps when I went to lift the kayak on. Please share your experience if you get it.

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Haven't owned one, but they just don't look like they can get the job done on sand to me.  Is a standard wheeleez too small for a PA?
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2021
I have a c-tug with sand wheels if you want to give it a try. It's a different approach than balloon tires, but it should still give some extra surface area to ride above sand.

I'm not sure how well it interfaces with a hobie with the stock pads, but they have released a new C-Tug R which has a bunch of promo photos featuring hobie.

Build quality has been good, I like how quickly it breaks down and how easily it can be stored in the hull.

c-tug r: https://www.railblaza.com/products/c-tug-r-with-kiwi-wheel/

bbt95762

• Sea Lion
  • fresh and saltwater
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2021
I have a c-tug with sand wheels if you want to give it a try. It's a different approach than balloon tires, but it should still give some extra surface area to ride above sand.

I'm not sure how well it interfaces with a hobie with the stock pads, but they have released a new C-Tug R which has a bunch of promo photos featuring hobie.

Build quality has been good, I like how quickly it breaks down and how easily it can be stored in the hull.

c-tug r: https://www.railblaza.com/products/c-tug-r-with-kiwi-wheel/

yes, it is the c-tug-r that I'm looking at.  i also like that I can store in the hull.  What size/weight of boat are you using?

• View Profile
I've used it extensively with a tarpon 140, so not too heavy.

It also did one trip (with the aid of some pvc and zipties) carting around my old town sportsman 120, ballpark around 140 with drive and my radar array of rods and tackle.

one pet peeve with the cart, the wheel/axle interface is plastic on plastic and will very likely squeak.

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2022
For a while I had the ctug for my sportsman 120 but had to alter the pads to hit the gunnels correctly but even then it slid even with a strap....  got a wilderness cart now and it works great..... I also am working on a motorized cart after launching and landing at pope creek at Berryessa.   The trail down is steep and long and the launch was ok but the trip back to the car nearly killed me even with my pig of a kayak unloaded.   Necessity is the mother of invention and next time I hope it is easier but have not tested it yet.  This will also be helpful at Paradise park etc.

Troy

AlsHobieOutback

• - = Proud Member of Team A-HULLS! = -
  • Administrator
  • "I love it when a plan comes together!"
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Huh, never saw them before but they have a balloon tire option, it's adjustable width and looks like they break down small. https://www.amazon.com/Wilderness-Systems-Heavy-Duty-Kayak/dp/B07KMB2J46

I may not have owned one, but I helped someone with a sportsman pdl120 make it to the water at the MBK tourney with a c-tug cart and it was not a good experience  :smt005
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

IG: alshobie

• View Profile
yeah the c-tugs do not play well at all with old town sportsmans. I have that WS heavy duty balloon tire cart now for the sportsman and it works well.

It can break down pretty small, the wheels and wheel axles are just some quick clips, but the main frame takes a touch longer with four wingnuts and a very snug fit. the c-tug breaks down much faster.

I don't think it'd be an issue with a hobie, but the bigger diameter balloon tires do run into clearance issues for some. Navarre makes a riser kit, or you can just run the cart wider and not have the kayak sit at the deepest part of the hull channels.

*Edit - photo added*

WS is much bigger than the C-Tug. I tank-well it and strapped on some rod holders.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 05:46:16 PM by canadianjerkey »

anything