Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:16:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 05:13:55 PM]

[Today at 04:54:20 PM]

[Today at 04:14:24 PM]

[Today at 03:41:52 PM]

[Today at 02:41:39 PM]

[Today at 12:17:38 PM]

[Today at 11:16:20 AM]

[Today at 09:54:38 AM]

[Today at 09:10:22 AM]

[Today at 08:22:51 AM]

[Today at 07:15:26 AM]

[May 03, 2024, 09:53:25 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 03:08:35 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 02:48:07 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 09:34:21 AM]

[May 03, 2024, 08:13:57 AM]

[May 02, 2024, 09:13:28 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 10:34:13 AM]

Support NCKA

Support the site by making a donation.

Topic: Obvious coho/silver salmon illegal retained, YouTube chnl FISHERMAN CHRONICLES  (Read 6134 times)

MavYak

• Sand Dab
  • View Profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6RCLnTyEgP5ek42WUVgs5g
  • Date Registered: Aug 2022
White gumlines, lack of spots on tail, coloration of an ocean coho/silver, but no longer can find the video.

OR is this YT post just fake as it was reposted by another viewer. Although I recall seeing the original video but no longer available on YouTube.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 07:04:30 PM by MavYak »
In pursuit of chrome, scales, fur and Titleists.
Crafts of the past: 14' Gregor, 16' Alumaweld drift boat, BW17' Montauk, 24' GradyWhite Fisherman, 18' Ranger BB, 22' Alumaweld Super Vee

JohnnyAb

• Sea Lion
  • FISH IN THE SEA,LIVE IN THE WOODS,WORK AT BEACH
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2016
Obvious Silver, agreed
"Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking”     -J.C. Watts

“we are a community that is committed to each other, the health of our waters, and the sport we all love"
-Scurvy

Malibu_Two

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2005
Silver, agreed. No spots on the tail, green sheen. This guy is clueless. In one of his last videos he was over his halibut limit and continued to fish, handing fish off to his girlfriend in another kayak.
May the fish be mighty and the seas be meek...

Malibu_Two

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
OR is this YT post just fake.

What could be fake about it? it's clearly him in his kayak with a silver.

spinal tap

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2005
Seems a little harsh to hold this over a young man who came to realize the mistake he made.  He did say it was his first legal salmon, so I could see the excitement. 

MavYak

• Sand Dab
Seems a little harsh to hold this over a young man who came to realize the mistake he made.  He did say it was his first legal salmon, so I could see the excitement.

First salmon, though not legal as it was a coho/silver. Obvious rookie mistake on his part as I've followed a couple of his earlier attempts at catching a salmon in the ocean.
If one is going to post on YouTube, brag & basically copycat those YT content creators before him and show everyone how it's done... that one should be much better informed and in the know of what they are posting online.
Crafts of the past: 14' Gregor, 16' Alumaweld drift boat, BW17' Montauk, 24' GradyWhite Fisherman, 18' Ranger BB, 22' Alumaweld Super Vee

clockwise

• Salmon
  • Lloyd
  • View Profile Youtube channel
  • Date Registered: May 2021
Yeah there's a whole thread on Fresh n Salty ragging on this guy. If you're going to be an irresponsible content chaser then you deserve the criticism that comes IMO. He's friends with all the other youtubers so he could've called one of them to verify what he caught.
Ocean Kayak Prowler 13T (Sold to NCKA member)
Hobie Revolution 13

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT6lX2sIkRcM5-qdjlM4aiA

spinal tap

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Nov 2005

First salmon, though not legal as it was a coho/silver. Obvious rookie mistake on his part as I've followed a couple of his earlier attempts at catching a salmon in the ocean.
If one is going to post on YouTube, brag & basically copycat those YT content creators before him and show everyone how it's done... that one should be much better informed and in the know of what they are posting online.

Yeah when I said first legal salmon, I was referring to how he thought it was legal.  I see a kid super excited for his first "legal" salmon and the length was probably all he thought of.  It appears others have seen him do things on his videos that may have been illegal.  I don't know him but he seems to have more stoke than nefarious.  I'm sure he's learned this lesson but I'm also sure he'll make new ones, as will I and I'm old
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 08:42:45 PM by spinal tap »

• View Profile
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
not only is that a coho, but he doesn't look like he's dressed for immersion in alot of his videos.
2015 Hobie Revo 13
2017 Hobie i12s
Stealth Fisha 460

Fishcomb

• Sea Lion
  • Banted by Moderators
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: May 2012
That guy deleted his original video then uploaded the video again without all the handling of the salmon. He also deletes any comments regarding coho's. if he owned up to it then sure but he's really hiding it and wants that 1000 views  :smt044

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
yikes. Just watching him fight that fish was painful to watch.
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

MavYak

• Sand Dab
not only is that a coho, but he doesn't look like he's dressed for immersion in alot of his videos.

ahhh, to be young, inexperienced & stupid again. At least he's got the PFD on.

Bulldog---Alex

• Sea Lion
  • 27.4 lb Cali Hali
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006

ahhh, to be young, inexperienced & stupid again. At least he's got the PFD on.

Poor kid. They got him plastered all over facebook. He does mention that the gums should be black. Just a serious green pea.
Enjoying the fam
PA14
Revo 13
Hobie Outback

Malibu_Two

• Sea Lion
  • View Profile
These YouTubers - perhaps unintentionally - become ambassadors for kayak fishing as their viewership grows. I think the term is "influencer"
They're in it for the stoke and glory, but people watch their videos and learn from them, so they should be held to a higher standard.
When an "influencer" demonstrates poor fish-handling or kills a protected coho on-camera (all the while insisting that it's a king), he should be called out and held accountable.
I know it was a mistake and I feel a little bad for him, but with great power comes great responsibility.

Hopefully others will learn from this.

dan916

• Salmon
  • View Profile
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
Ignorance isn’t above the law. If you mess up and get caught then you need to own it and deal with the consequences. It’s his responsibility as a fisherman to know what the laws are and how to identify the difference species especially when there’s a potential for catching a endangered or protected species, especially if your posting videos for others to watch and learn from. Nobody is perfect and people do make mistakes but when your posting videos of yourself doing something illegal, you better expect that you will get called out. With him trying to edit the video with the intent to hide and justify his mistake, makes him out to be more of a poacher then a YouTube fishing celebrity. I really hope he gets fined and will post a video about that, making it into a learning lesson of what not to do. Would be even better if he calls DFG and reported himself. The wardens are probably going to show up at his front door anyway so it would look better and probably get less of a fine if he reported himself. I just have no respect for people that poach or can’t own up to their screw ups.
Integrity first, Service before self and excellence in all we do.

All gave some, some gave all. You will never be forgotten!

anything